DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 12-26-2007, 04:03 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Less is more?

So I stripped my set down played a five piece with 5 cymbals learned fusion and jazz . Played like this for quite awhile. It was fun taught me about position and posture but I never really felt the smaller kit was for me. Well things come full circle I now play hard rock and metal and figured it was time to rebuild the kit to all her glory keeping the lessons of flow around the kit and posture in mind.

Thus I present the newest incarnation of m2. Yamaha maple custom absolute nouveau. 8,10,12,14,16 18x22 dw craviotto 13x5.5 snare, pork pie 10x5 snare dw9000 dbl bass and 9000 hatstand . zildjian 8, 12 inch splash 20 inch china boy low with a choke collar chain hanging, 18 inch medium thin crash all a series. Sabian 15 inch hh thin crash, 14 inch mini china 20 inch aaxplosion crash 13 inch paragon hats 10 inch paragon splash 22 inch paragon ride. Istanbul 16 heavy crash and 14 inch heavy hats. Tribells and ribbon crasher. the toms have g2 heads batter except the 8 which is g1 and genara resonant. crav coated powerstroke 3 batter ambassador resonant. Kick aquarian superkick 2 with a vented regulator.
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2007, 05:07 AM
fourstringdrums

Default Re: Less is more?

Welcome back!

Looks great. Weren't you using all Istanbul before?
Old 12-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Jason! Good to see you around buddy, it's been a while. We need to get back in touch.

I'm still loving the Yamahas. I really can't say anything new, but why the change with the cymbals? That's a fairly full-circle change, not necessarily for the worse, but just rather different. If that kit sounds anything like it used to, it's still beautiful. That's a finish and a half as well.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:50 PM

Nice Setup!!!

I take it youre a Peart fan??
Love the choice of cymbals, just one thing...are they Istanbul Hats next to the ride? If so, I would recommend you getting a closed hat attachment so thay your cymbals wont crack and it will still function like a closed hat.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:17 PM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus1989 View Post
Nice Setup!!!

I take it youre a Peart fan??
Love the choice of cymbals, just one thing...are they Istanbul Hats next to the ride? If so, I would recommend you getting a closed hat attachment so thay your cymbals wont crack and it will still function like a closed hat.
I believe it's a Pearl closed hi-hat holder.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:18 PM

Nice kit and nice cymbals! (Especialy the Istanbuls.)
Old 12-26-2007, 03:27 PM

hows the xplosion crash? i'm tempted to get one, if not that than a zildjian a custom 20" crash.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Pioneer Member

Jaaason! Welcome back! Love the kit as always! Fun to see you got into fusion and jazz!
Old 12-26-2007, 04:53 PM
Gold Member

Kit looks great, quite a different array of cymbals than before though.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Pioneer Member

Jason,

Love the setup brother. Very nice, looking forward to hearing some new sounds from you. I take it you are no longer with MSOPT? Was a good sounding band, loved your drumming with them.

Be blessed,

Christian Drummers Army
Playing Weapons of Mass Percussion
Old 12-26-2007, 07:24 PM
Silver Member

that looks good, but it looks to me as if the upper left tom is way out there in left field. That's how it'd feel to me at least.

but overall, nice finish, nice kit, and ncie cymbals
Old 12-27-2007, 02:03 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringdrums View Post
Welcome back!

Looks great. Weren't you using all Istanbul before?
Rob yes I was brother long time good to see you.

Mediocrefunkybeat Re: Less is more?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jason! Good to see you around buddy, it's been a while. We need to get back in touch.

I'm still loving the Yamahas. I really can't say anything new, but why the change with the cymbals? That's a fairly full-circle change, not necessarily for the worse, but just rather different. If that kit sounds anything like it used to, it's still beautiful. That's a finish and a half as well.

I agree I should be around a bit so we will catch up. I made the change because the Istanbuls and bosphorus don't fit the sound I was looking for when I play heavy

Spartacus it is indeed a pearl x hat and I am indeed a Peart fan.

BoxcarDrummer182 Re: Less is more?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hows the xplosion crash? i'm tempted to get one, if not that than a zildjian a custom 20" crash.

I fell in love the minute I played this cymbal it is a little Dark but the projection and explosion is amazing. I tried it against the a custom 20 the aa stage crash 20 the paragon 20 a paiste 20 and the z custom 20 and it just kept me coming back so I bought it.

Yes Top Cat the cymbals are quite different I still have my others, matter of fact I just scored Sabian 14 inch mini china hand hammered 12 splash 14 med thin crash 15 thin crash 21 vintage ride and 14 bright hats for 450 in great condition. I own a studio and am a music whore so I figured I should have alot of flavors to lay tracks for people.

Pete yeah MSOPT disbanded broke my heart but what you gonna do. I will have new music to share soon it will be quite different but I think you will enjoy it. I'm loving your tunes as well great stuff.

Tamadrummer the 8 is a little in left field but quite playable it goes back to the flow of the kit my 10 and 12 are my main rack toms and if I had to move them to fit the 8 I was gonna leave it out so I worked with it. The pics make it look worse than it is.

Wega great to see you bro.
Vinny nice to meet you.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Pioneer Member

"Pete yeah MSOPT disbanded broke my heart but what you gonna do. I will have new music to share soon it will be quite different but I think you will enjoy it. I'm loving your tunes as well great stuff."

Thanks man, I appreciate it, glad your liking the tunes, means a lot when someone likes your music...........Sorry about MSOPT, Can't wait to hear your new stuff though. I'll have to trek to NY sometime so we can Jam. Michelle travels all over the country doing horse shows, I'm sure I'll be there eventually.

Christian Drummers Army
Playing Weapons of Mass Percussion

Last edited by Drumsword; 12-27-2007 at 01:52 PM. Reason: forgot a sentence.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:55 PM
KARL MEMBER

Nice to see you around here again! =)
A yamaha maple custom absoloute! Delicious drums, nice sound...and that sparkle looks interesting.
I just imagined using the 16" floor tom as bass drum and the 12" as rack tom, 14" floor tom...mhhhh...tuned high...lalala, wow!

Looks great!

Karl

Drummerworld Myspace.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Pioneer Member

Pete that would be awesome brother let me know and I'll set up the Premiers and we can jam it out bro.

Karl thanks great to be back around I havent had as much time since I got my dog Odin no regrets though he is awesome glad you dig the kit and I like your Idea about the 16 inch bass drum kit it just so happens I have a 16 inch maple custom yammie in green I bought a few years ago I just might have to look into that. ;)
Old 12-29-2007, 04:59 AM
Silver Member

very nice set-up man. love the finish on the kit :D

Endorsements are hard to come by. Anyone???? :p
Old 01-21-2008, 06:31 AM
Pioneer Member

I was messing around as I have way to much gear and decided to go all out with my kit. I set up a rack and was able to get my toms in a more comfortable position. This was all really prompted by getting a Sabian hh 21 inch ride that is an awesome crash from hell as well as a perfect compliment and contrast to my paragon as a left hand ride, it had to be on the kit. Cymbals and toys Zildjian, 8 inch splash 12 splash piggybacked on a 15 sabian, 18 medium thin crash, 20 china low with choke chain all A , 6 inch zil bel in 14 mini china. Sabian 8 inch aax splash stacked on a bosphorus 10 ferit splash, 8 paragon splash 14 mini china, 13 paragon hats, 15 hh thin crash, 20 aaxplosion crash hh 21 inch vintage ride, 22 Paragon ride. Istanbul 14 heavy hats. Ribbon crasher, tri bells, agogo bells, salsa bell, red and blue jam blocks, tamborine.
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2008, 06:39 AM
Platinum Member

Wow, is all i can say! I'd love to sit at the wheel of that truck!
Old 01-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Pioneer Member

Well Aydee if your ever in western NY you can take her for a spin. I think you have Yamaha mca as well dont you? These kits sound great.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member

Careful what you promise, Jason! you're not too far from my stomping grounds ; )

I love your kit. The drums, of course, I really cant imagine anything else being made too much better than these drums ( mine included ), but also your choice of cymbals and their sizes.. very neat, looks like a really versatile kit!
Old 01-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Pioneer Member

Well if your really in india thats a really long corner ;). This configuration does provide me alot of options glad you dig it.