DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 01-21-2008, 05:29 AM

Default Times you've put your foot in it....

Ok, so just now I opened an MSN convo with the singer/guitarist from a band in our scene. In his MSN Personal Message he has: "I need not kill you. You died the minute you laid hands on her."

When I opened my convo I said "Becuase she has AIDS?"

Turns out a year or 2 ago this horrible man raped his girlfriend, she killed herself as a result.

Yeah, not feeling too smart atm!

When have you said something stupid like that and 'put your foot in it' so to speak?

Tom
Pro Mark
Aquarian
Old 01-21-2008, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Times you've put your foot in it....

Never. =)

Okay... I was at Max Fish, which is this hipster/scenester bar in NYC, and I'm hammered and talking to a friend. We get to the subject of R.E.M. I'm like "I really like their early stuff a lot, man, but their new stuff is so-so." My buddy has this big grin on his face and is kind of looking over my shoulder. I look back and see Mike Mills sitting at the bar with a friend. To this day, I have a feeling he heard every word. If I ever see him again I'm sure he'll never remember me, but I'll immediately want to crawl under a rock.

--LG
Old 01-21-2008, 06:58 AM
Platinum Member

Back in the day when men were men, and the sheep were nervous , as they say in Greece, I was waxing eloquent to my roomie, in lurid & graphic detail my intentions to devour this incredible looking lady walking up to our dorm floor.

Just as my imagination was running away with me, and the imagery getting more and more vivid, she turned the corner and walked right on up to us.

" meet my sister, Anne"
said my roomie.

Post scipt- He didnt speak to me for a week

Last edited by aydee; 01-21-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:32 AM
Platinum Member

Second night of O-week at college. I'm talking to some bird, and we establish that we went to schools close to each other. She asks about this guy, who I lived down the hall from in yr 12. I'm pretty good mates with him. She then asks if I'd heard any rumours about him and a "video"; I reply quite calmly, as I've had a few beers, "that's not a rumour, I know people that have seen it". She smiles awkwardly, says "i was that girl" and walks off.
Ouch.

Now she's going out with a mate and it's still pretty (very) awkward.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Gold Member

At the GWAR concert I recently went to I met a guy and we were chatting about bands (of course) when Jason Bittner came up. I remarked "Yea, killer drummer but I'm sorry to see him play with Shadows Fall, they're one of my least favorite bands" To my dismay he opens his jacket (in a superman like gesture) showing a Shadows Fall T-Shirt. Fortunatly the guy started talking trash about Mastodon so we ended up decently even. (I was scared he was gonna break my face)

No one insults Dailor in my presence...... No one.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
Back in the day when men where men, and the sheep were nervous , as they say in Greece, I was waxing eloquent to my roomie, in lurid & graphic detail my intentions to devour this incredible looking lady walking up to our dorm floor.

Just as my imagination was running away with me, and the imagery getting more and more vivid, she turned the corner and walked right on up to us.

" meet my sister, Anne"
said my roomie.

Yep, that happened to me too haha except it wasn't my room mate. A friend of mine and his sister....I still stand by my word.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Back in the day when men where men, and the sheep were nervous , as they say in Greece, I was waxing eloquent to my roomie, in lurid & graphic detail my intentions to devour this incredible looking lady walking up to our dorm floor.

" meet my sister, Anne"
said my roomie.

Hey if you find someone that never happened to Congrats cos i think it happened to everyone.

I Have a very similar one. In 4th year in school my class had to put on a play of Grease with a drama school (I was backstage crew due my bad dancing and inabiltity to carry a tune :D) . After a bad dress rehearsal the leader of the Drama School was giving out and i was very annoyed and i commented to a girl beside me "I wish that old ***** would shut the **** up and stop being such a **** we have never been in plays before this is our first time everyone is nervous and that old cow aint helping anyone!!!" The Girl replied "eh thats my Grandmother!!

My Reply....."eh oh well i just think she a perfectionist" and awkwardly walk off
Old 01-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumGod View Post
Hey if you find someone that never happened to Congrats cos i think it happened to everyone.

I Have a very similar one. In 4th year in school my class had to put on a play of Grease with a drama school (I was backstage crew due my bad dancing and inabiltity to carry a tune :D) . After a bad dress rehearsal the leader of the Drama School was giving out and i was very annoyed and i commented to a girl beside me "I wish that old ***** would shut the **** up and stop being such a **** we have never been in plays before this is our first time everyone is nervous and that old cow aint helping anyone!!!" The Girl replied "eh thats my Grandmother!!

My Reply....."eh oh well i just think she a perfectionist" and awkwardly walk off
I know what the first two sets of asteriks are, but curious as to what the 3rd set means haha.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:29 AM

hahaha if you really wanna no ill PM ya lol
Old 01-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumGod View Post

I wish the old " Lady" would shut the " cookie jar" up and stop being such a " sweetheart"
Old 01-21-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:
I wish the old " Lady" would shut the " cookie jar" up and stop being such a " sweetheart"
Got it in one aydee!!
Old 01-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Big_Philly

I know I've had this sort of thing a bunch of times but can't come up with anything at the moment. Well, the worst thing that happened so far is my cousin and his gf broke up after an argument moderated by me (they were both complaining about each other to me). I was trying to clarify some things that they could not really make clear to each other... all the wrong things.

But later it turned out that this chick was a sl*t, she had cheated on my cousin several times, she slept with two or three of his "friends" (not at the same time) and stuff like that. So my cousin never held a grudge against me.

Last edited by Big_Philly; 01-21-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:30 PM

i put my foot in dog poo the other day.....i had to take my drumming shoe when i played so i wouldnt get poop on my pedal.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Big_Philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by prempex View Post
i put my foot in dog poo the other day.....i had to take my drumming shoe when i played so i wouldnt get poop on my pedal.
Dog poo pisses me off. Generally it's not the dog's fault but the owner that a dog poops at a random location where everyone could step in it. I once kicked a dog for shitting nearly on my tent when I was camping, but I should have gone for the owner.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Doing an impression of my (Scottish) theatre director when I was doing the sound; right next to the show relay mic. He was in the control room, connected to the relay.

How we laughed, but did I feel like an idiot.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:16 PM
fourstringdrums

This happened TO me although it wasn't me putting the foot in my mouth.

I either had just graduated high school or I was going to be soon and I got a call from an Army Recruiter. The call pretty much went like this:

Army: Good afternoon Sir, have you given any thought to joining the Army after high school?

Me: Nope

Army: That's too bad. Let me ask you, are you involved in sports at all?

Me: Nope. I've never liked sports.

Army: Were you active in gym or other physical activities during school?

Me: No, I didn't do any of that.

Army: Might I ask why?

Me: Because I have Cerebral Palsy.

Army: *30 second pause* Oh....have a good day sir and good luck to you in whatever path you choose *click*

So apparently they don't research who they call first :-D
Old 01-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Gold Member

always differentiate between condenser and dynamic microphones- especially when talking about the crowd and/or the conductor between songs

another instance: I was at a basketball game in a crazy student section a couple years ago, and the ref made a bad call (in all honesty- it was a bad call), and I start yelling crap at the ref. The kid in front of me says "umm...the ref is my dad"
one of those Southwest Airline "Wanna get away" moments...

another horrible moment was as we were finishing the last song on an album, I do the crescendo cymbal rolls around the cymbals (yeah, I know) and go to choke them after a few seconds to let the room die off; as I reach out, the stick in my right hand leaves my grip, and i kid you not, time has never gone so slowly. I just watched the stick falling, it felt like an hour just knowing it was going to hit the toms and ride while the mics were still active.
I have not choked a cymbal at the end of a song since.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Platinum Member

Well I have a particularly embarrassing story, and like Rob I was on the other side of the conversation.

Some of the local Catholic middle schools (including mine) decided to start this yearly student exchange thing where basically for one day a random student from each school would spend a day at another school. So I was this lucky kid one year. It was kind of nice because you miss a day of school, but anyways... Keep in mind that at this time, I had grown my hair out reasonably long. So I get there and we go through the morning assembly at this other school, and then go to homeroom. The teacher had asked my name earlier, to which I replied "Ian". However, there was an error in communication and she thought I said "Anne". (You know where this is going). So when I introduce myself to the class and talk about me or whatever, the teacher mentions something along the lines of me being a "smart girl".

If I had just said my name a little bit louder... And then of course it's worse because I have to decide how I'm going to say "Uh, I'm a guy...".

Ah, middle school. How I would never like to return to those times.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Big_Philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by youenjoy00myself View Post
... Keep in mind that at this time, I had grown my hair out reasonably long.... ...something along the lines of me being a "smart girl".

... And then of course it's worse because I have to decide how I'm going to say "Uh, I'm a guy...".
I once saw a hot chick... or so I thought. Beautiful long blond hair and nice slim posture (I could only see the upper back though... seeing below that might have been helpful). As soon as she turned around... well... guess what!
I had no intention of walking up to her and start a conversation about something meaningless but still it's embarassing.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:45 PM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Philly View Post
I once saw a hot chick... or so I thought. Beautiful long blond hair and nice slim posture (I could only see the upper back though... seeing below that might have been helpful). As soon as she turned around... well... guess what!
I had no intention of walking up to her and start a conversation about something meaningless but still it's embarassing.
Might I refer you to http://youtube.com/watch?v=uWYbf8EEcVE 1:07 mark.

More or less the same thing :)
Old 01-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Big_Philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringdrums View Post
Might I refer you to http://youtube.com/watch?v=uWYbf8EEcVE 1:07 mark.

More or less the same thing :)
Well it wasn't that bad, fortunately. lol
Old 01-23-2008, 12:19 AM
Platinum Member

I'm still a little upset no one has commented on my incident with a girl and her "home video"...
Old 01-23-2008, 01:49 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks for the laughs everyone. I have nothing to add cuz I'm perfect.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Back in the day when men were men, and the sheep were nervous , as they say in Greece, I was waxing eloquent to my roomie, in lurid & graphic detail my intentions to devour this incredible looking lady walking up to our dorm floor.

" meet my sister, Anne"
said my roomie.

Did the sister?

(chuckle)
Old 01-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Did the sister?

(chuckle)
LOL! As a matter of fact, Dan..she did. And we dated.For about a year! And my roomie finally came around to the view that a known devil is a darn sight better than an unknown one : )
Old 01-23-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Philly View Post
Dog poo pisses me off. Generally it's not the dog's fault but the owner that a dog poops at a random location where everyone could step in it. I once kicked a dog for shitting nearly on my tent when I was camping, but I should have gone for the owner.
i know just how you feel.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy Biz View Post
Second night of O-week at college. I'm talking to some bird, and we establish that we went to schools close to each other. She asks about this guy, who I lived down the hall from in yr 12. I'm pretty good mates with him. She then asks if I'd heard any rumours about him and a "video"; I reply quite calmly, as I've had a few beers, "that's not a rumour, I know people that have seen it". She smiles awkwardly, says "i was that girl" and walks off.
Ouch.

Now she's going out with a mate and it's still pretty (very) awkward.
Did you have your way with her?