DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-16-2008, 06:44 PM

Default Strong case for solid wood snare drum

I recently treated myself to a solid wood snare drum which came without a case. Being solid wood, I'm paranoid about taking it anywhere until I have it properly protected. I haven't actually seen the lined/padded snare case that Hardcase make, but was thinking of ordering one. Has anyone got any other suggestions on well made/padded cases at all? Cheers in advance.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: STRONG CASE FOR SOLID WOOD SNARE DRUM

You can't just let it drop that you have a solid wood drum and then not tell us all about it. Photos and specs please - maybe start a thread in the My Kit thread.

In terms of transport, a solid drum is no different than a ply drum so you could find soft or semi-soft cases like Protection Racket and I'm sure they'd do fine.

I have a solid ironwood snare and drumset and I use Hardcases exclusively. I recommend them highly. They nest inside each other to save storage space and they stack on each other for transport. Your drum could fall off a truck at highway speed and be completely unharmed. The down side is that hard cases of any kind take up more room in transport, since there is a layer of empty space surrounding the sides of the drum.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:44 AM

Default Re: STRONG CASE FOR SOLID WOOD SNARE DRUM

Buy yourself an anvil style suitcase specifically made for your size drum, lined in velvet. Because if you paid as much for that as I think............ between 5 hundred and a thousand...... why not spend another hundred on a case thats going to just oooze rich sex when its opened?

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=26473
Old 01-18-2008, 07:11 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Strong case for solid wood snare drum

I don't think an anvil case is necessary unless you're taking it on a plane or something. The Humes and Berg "Enduro" line is awesome. The lining is very soft and protective but not bulky and the exterior is tough as nails.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Strong case for solid wood snare drum

Cheers for the input here fellas. Much appreciated. Ideally, I'd like an anvil style case if I can find one. I've not come across 'Enduro' cases before. Will go have a look at those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
You can't just let it drop that you have a solid wood drum and then not tell us all about it.
Haha, yes, appologies. Treated myself to a 5x14" Canopus Zelkova snare drum just before Christmas. Will take a photo or two and post info in the 'Good Snare' thread.