DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old 12-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Hi Darren! wow thanks for posting that!! FUN!! That was a great day. Thank you again for setting it up and making it happen. Say Hi to all the cats there for me.
Big hugs
PM
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 12-26-2007, 01:54 AM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

You guys this is incredible hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa
The coolest!!
Love
pm

http://www.stage6.com/user/ballistix...der-Bra-moment
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 12-27-2007, 10:47 PM
LinearDrummer's Avatar
LinearDrummer LinearDrummer is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 930
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSuckling View Post
Yo Phil,

How's it going bro! The clip from your recent clinic is on the site, have you seen it? If not here's the link:

http://www.drum-tech.co.uk/MasterPMaturano2.html
Great stuff....
Thanks for that clip....

Phil - gosh darnet will you come to L.A already.....How you forgotten bout our nice weather and pretty women :) we need some masterclasses too.....

Seriously I got your DVD as a present and the Hudson version still didn't work on my player (time for a new player) but it plays on my computer so its all good....

Its just what I need as my chops are developing now I need to know how to use them appropriately and in good musical taste...

I think its the best Afro-Cuban DVD available that I've seen....
__________________
My babies -
Big Yamaha - Baby Roland - Lil Rodgers
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 12-31-2007, 07:04 AM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Man I wish i could but there is nothing really lined up out there. Just got a request to do a clinic at PIT, but ...dont think its going to happen unless more clinic dates can be lined up. I am working on it with my companies but as you know...these things take time.

I am glad you like the dvd and would love to hear about your progress.
Hugs
PM
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 01-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Private Master class in Köln Germany

Hello everyone I just wanted to let you know I am doing a private seminar in the Köln Area on Sunday - January 27th.
here is a description of the event.

This is a concept for master classes that I have run very successfully here in the states. It is Limited to 15 people per event. We concentrate on YOUR playing by your heavy participation in the event. You will play to tracks, read charts, be asked questions about your technique and playing concepts by me and other participants in the class. Then I will analyze and give you feedback on all areas where more work can be done. I am providing all curriculum and the class lasts 4 hours. There will be breaks of course. Everyone will participate, that's why it's limited to 15 people.

If you are interested in participating please email me at

phil@philmaturano.com

The cost is 50 Euros for the day and you will receive material and play alongs for you to take with you. I hope to see you there and wish you all the best.
Phil M.
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 01-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Latin Groover's Avatar
Latin Groover Latin Groover is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 900
Default Re: Private Master class in Köln Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Maturano View Post
Hello everyone I just wanted to let you know I am doing a private seminar in the Köln Area on Sunday - January 27th.
here is a description of the event.

This is a concept for master classes that I have run very successfully here in the states. It is Limited to 15 people per event. We concentrate on YOUR playing by your heavy participation in the event. You will play to tracks, read charts, be asked questions about your technique and playing concepts by me and other participants in the class. Then I will analyze and give you feedback on all areas where more work can be done. I am providing all curriculum and the class lasts 4 hours. There will be breaks of course. Everyone will participate, that's why it's limited to 15 people.

If you are interested in participating please email me at

phil@philmaturano.com

The cost is 50 Euros for the day and you will receive material and play alongs for you to take with you. I hope to see you there and wish you all the best.
Phil M.
Man that sounds great...Wanna come to Australia with that class Phil?...Seriously do you have any plans for coming to Australia in the future? I'd love to have the opportunity to go to a clinic of yours.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 01-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Private Master class in Köln Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin Groover View Post
Man that sounds great...Wanna come to Australia with that class Phil?...Seriously do you have any plans for coming to Australia in the future? I'd love to have the opportunity to go to a clinic of yours.
I would love to go there! If you can help me line up enough people to make it happen. For something like that we would have to have a couple of days and make it more cats though. Any thoughts?
P
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 01-18-2008, 01:03 AM
Latin Groover's Avatar
Latin Groover Latin Groover is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 900
Default Re: Private Master class in Köln Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Maturano View Post
I would love to go there! If you can help me line up enough people to make it happen. For something like that we would have to have a couple of days and make it more cats though. Any thoughts?
P
Oh yea sounds great. I'll speak to my store see if anything can happen. But i feel the most likely way to get you out, would be with the Australia's Ultimate Drummers Weekend. It wouldn't be quite as personal as the above class, or a clinic, but it'd be great to have you out!
Although if you came out for the festival, maybe you could stay a few extra days and do some classes...I shall speak to my store, but for the AUDW we'll see if Ozzy Biz can drop in on Drumtek, as thats a fair while away for me.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 01-18-2008, 01:35 AM
Ozzy Biz's Avatar
Ozzy Biz Ozzy Biz is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Behind you...
Posts: 1,464
Default Re: Private Master class in Köln Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin Groover View Post
Oh yea sounds great. I'll speak to my store see if anything can happen. But i feel the most likely way to get you out, would be with the Australia's Ultimate Drummers Weekend. It wouldn't be quite as personal as the above class, or a clinic, but it'd be great to have you out!
Although if you came out for the festival, maybe you could stay a few extra days and do some classes...I shall speak to my store, but for the AUDW we'll see if Ozzy Biz can drop in on Drumtek, as thats a fair while away for me.
I could have dropped in if you had this discussion at the start of the week! I'm at home in Deniliquin (southern NSW) at the moment, but I was in Melbourne yesterday.
Phil, I think you would be a great at AUDW, your playing is great to watch and hear. Most of the guys that go there do classes and stuff outside the event as well, often doing a little tour of Melb, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra. I'll see if I can get my hands on Frank's email or just the Drumtek store one.
__________________
Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!
Vamanos! Vamanos!
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 01-18-2008, 02:01 AM
Latin Groover's Avatar
Latin Groover Latin Groover is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 900
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

So you've moved have you? And they do, do that street scene (is that what it's called?) tour. Like 07 was Benny Greb, Marco, Tony Royster etc. I forgot about that tour. Phil, you should do the tour and some classes. lol. This would be great if we can get you over.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 01-18-2008, 04:00 AM
Ozzy Biz's Avatar
Ozzy Biz Ozzy Biz is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Behind you...
Posts: 1,464
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin Groover View Post
So you've moved have you? And they do, do that street scene (is that what it's called?) tour. Like 07 was Benny Greb, Marco, Tony Royster etc. I forgot about that tour. Phil, you should do the tour and some classes. lol. This would be great if we can get you over.
Nah, haven't really moved. I was at boarding school for the last four years in sth yarra, now live at college out at monash uni. My home address has always been in Deniliquin, where I still live during holidays; like the 3.5 months I have between last semester and the next one.
__________________
Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!
Vamanos! Vamanos!
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 01-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Private Master class in Köln Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy Biz View Post
I could have dropped in if you had this discussion at the start of the week! I'm at home in Deniliquin (southern NSW) at the moment, but I was in Melbourne yesterday.
Phil, I think you would be a great at AUDW, your playing is great to watch and hear. Most of the guys that go there do classes and stuff outside the event as well, often doing a little tour of Melb, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra. I'll see if I can get my hands on Frank's email or just the Drumtek store one.
Well...that would be great!! I dont have any contacts to the guys who run that festival. Do you know who they are? I am actually starting to book a world tour in support of the re release of my DVD by Hudson. So this seems to be a perfect idea to get over there.

Do you know when the festival is taking place?
PM
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 01-18-2008, 11:58 PM
Latin Groover's Avatar
Latin Groover Latin Groover is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 900
Default Re: Private Master class in Köln Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Maturano View Post
Well...that would be great!! I dont have any contacts to the guys who run that festival. Do you know who they are? I am actually starting to book a world tour in support of the re release of my DVD by Hudson. So this seems to be a perfect idea to get over there.

Do you know when the festival is taking place?
PM
http://www.drumtek.com.au/
This is the website to the store that runs the festival. The owner/founder of the store Frank Corniola started the festival 15yrs ago. It's like the MD Fest of the southern hemisphere. They haven't got any info on the site about 08 Fest yet, which is good as maybe they haven't finalized the artists. It is normally held later in the year around September but 07 was a bit earlier, on the 28th/29th of July weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 01-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Private Master class in Köln Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin Groover View Post
http://www.drumtek.com.au/
This is the website to the store that runs the festival. The owner/founder of the store Frank Corniola started the festival 15yrs ago. It's like the MD Fest of the southern hemisphere. They haven't got any info on the site about 08 Fest yet, which is good as maybe they haven't finalized the artists. It is normally held later in the year around September but 07 was a bit earlier, on the 28th/29th of July weekend.
Thank LG. I will check out how to make this happen and let you know the results. Do you guys surf out there?
P

PS check this out!! This cat is amazing!!

http://www.mbalafunk.com/

All the best
P
__________________
Live to play!

Last edited by Phil Maturano; 01-20-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 01-20-2008, 02:36 PM
cantstandyourfunk's Avatar
cantstandyourfunk cantstandyourfunk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 318
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Hi Phil,
Just wanted to say thanks for the incredible music :)
I'm a drummer from India.



http://www.myspace.com/fivelittleindians
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 01-20-2008, 09:13 PM
outu outu is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: germany, duisburg
Posts: 28
Default Re: Private Master class in Köln Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Maturano View Post
that video is not about drumming hahaha.
__________________
share! wu
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 01-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Private Master class in Köln Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by outu View Post
that video is not about drumming hahaha.
Crimeney hahahaha!!!!!!! I dont know what happened but i fixed the link.
PM
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 01-21-2008, 12:04 AM
Latin Groover's Avatar
Latin Groover Latin Groover is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 900
Default Re: Private Master class in Köln Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Maturano View Post
Thank LG. I will check out how to make this happen and let you know the results. Do you guys surf out there?
P

PS check this out!! This cat is amazing!!

http://www.mbalafunk.com/

All the best
P
Lol. If you came down I'm sure you'd be able to get some surf time in. I used to surf a bit, but i haven't in a while. You could get down to Torquay, or Phillip Island and check the penguins. lol

Your right. Cat's pumpin' http://www.mbalafunk.com/Mbalafunk.mp3

Last edited by Latin Groover; 01-21-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 01-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Private Master class in Köln Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin Groover View Post
Lol. If you came down I'm sure you'd be able to get some surf time in. I used to surf a bit, but i haven't in a while. You could get down to Torquay, or Phillip Island and check the penguins. lol

Your right. Cat's pumpin' http://www.mbalafunk.com/Mbalafunk.mp3
I also have the new Moktar Samba CD! Definitely worth getting!!
that Mbalafunk stuff is superb.

Anyway slots are filling up now for the Seminar. If anyone is still interested better make it quick! havent heard anything from the cats in Australia. I imagine it will have to go the company route to get a hold of them. Maybe they dont really check out the general email address from the store. Who knows, BUT i am very keen on getting out there this year! So lets see.
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 01-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default New Playalongs are here!!!

If anyone is interested, I have a series of new playalongs coming out. The first one is already posted on my blog for download. I am not turning it into a book for sale through a publisher. It will only be availble through my website... online.

http://www.philmaturano.com/blog/

I hope you dig it and will give me some feedback. Here is the info.
====================

Its finally here! Inner clock 2! The follow up from the extremely popular “Working the inner clock” book.

I have a new collection of play alongs designed and written with specific objectives in mind. Each track targets certain subdivisions and grooves. 16th notes, 8th notes etc. Each track will have a chart, and this is something new! Each track will have different versions. Each version changes in tempo in increments of 5 BPM. So that you can really work out your vocabulary, slow and fast. This really gives your grooves a chance sink and and get solid!

When you purchase a track you will get an email with…
1) The chart complete with an extensive rundown and analyisis, objective review, playing suggestions and tips.
2) mp3’s with all the Tempo versions
Version 1 = 95
Version 2 = 100
Version 3 = 105
Version 4 = 110
Version 5 = 115
Version 6 = 120

Enjoy it and feel free to write me with any questions or feedback.
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 02-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantstandyourfunk View Post
Hi Phil,
Just wanted to say thanks for the incredible music :)
I'm a drummer from India.



http://www.myspace.com/fivelittleindians
Hey bro! Thank you for the kind words. As you can imagine it is one of my dreams to get to India. I just did some playing last year with Pete Locket and he has been telling me so many great things about India , I just have to get there soon!

I hope you will share some of your drumming with us and I send you greetings from NY
PM
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 02-05-2008, 05:00 AM
shuffle's Avatar
shuffle shuffle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 409
Default Re: New Playalongs are here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Maturano View Post
If anyone is interested, I have a series of new playalongs coming out. The first one is already posted on my blog for download. I am not turning it into a book for sale through a publisher. It will only be availble through my website... online.

http://www.philmaturano.com/blog/

I hope you dig it and will give me some feedback. Here is the info.
====================

Its finally here! Inner clock 2! The follow up from the extremely popular “Working the inner clock” book.

I have a new collection of play alongs designed and written with specific objectives in mind. Each track targets certain subdivisions and grooves. 16th notes, 8th notes etc. Each track will have a chart, and this is something new! Each track will have different versions. Each version changes in tempo in increments of 5 BPM. So that you can really work out your vocabulary, slow and fast. This really gives your grooves a chance sink and and get solid!

When you purchase a track you will get an email with…
1) The chart complete with an extensive rundown and analyisis, objective review, playing suggestions and tips.
2) mp3’s with all the Tempo versions
Version 1 = 95
Version 2 = 100
Version 3 = 105
Version 4 = 110
Version 5 = 115
Version 6 = 120

Enjoy it and feel free to write me with any questions or feedback.
Everyone looking for play-along material should check this link. The song is very stimulating, that chart and the playing suggestions are indeed incredibly extensive. The best value I had in education material since a long time.

Thanks Phil. I'll learn with this, and I'll have fun as well.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 02-08-2008, 01:28 AM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Thanks for the great feedback bro! I have been playing these tunes on my last clinic tour in Europe to see how they would feel live. They are lots of fun and they do feel like a nice workout everytime. Would love to hear your version of it sometime!
There are a few guys at the collective working on it now, they seem to be having fun with it haha!

I will have a new one posted hopefully by tomorrow.

Would it be helpful if i posted the chart or the worksheets for the song? Maybe cats need a taste of what its about before they jump in?

Let me know.

I believe in the internet and the power that we have here to reach each other right away!
If anyone has thoughts about this i can design the songs based on any suggestions. Would be a great help to know what people are looking for specifically.
All the best
PM
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 02-11-2008, 04:02 PM
*JOHN FAVICCHIA *'s Avatar
*JOHN FAVICCHIA * *JOHN FAVICCHIA * is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 308
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Hey Phil-

Congrats on the new book. This seems like some really great stuff!!!!!!

Fav
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 02-17-2008, 06:33 AM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Inner Clock 2! Follow up!

Inner Clock 2 / Finally here!

Its finally here! Inner clock 2! The follow up of the extremely popular "Working the inner clock" book.

NOW!!! I have a new collection of play alongs designed and written to work with the Inner clock concept in mind. Each track targets specific subdivisions and grooves. 16th notes, 8th notes etc. In groove settings and ensemble figure settings. Here is what you get.
Each track will have:

- A chart

- An in depth and extensive analysis / breakdown. Complete with all independence and playing concept exercises that you will need for each tune. Playing suggestions and tips.

- This is something new! Each track will have different versions. Each version changes in tempo in increments of 5 BPM. So that you can really work out your vocabulary, slow and fast. This gives your grooves a chance sink and and get solid!

When you purchase a track you will get an email with…

- The complete PDF files.
- mp3's with all the Tempo versions. Example / Version 1 = 95 Version 2 = 100 Version 3 = 105 Version 4 = 110 Version 5 = 115 Version 6 = 120

Also = All updates as they happen. You will be placed on a mailing list and notified of all updates. Then I will send you any updated PDF's or mp3's

Interactivity: Additionally, you will be able to request versions of tracks. Example: Need more click in the mix? Need less? Want no click at all? Need a slower or faster version then already exists? No Problem!

Have any questions about the charts? Post them on my blog and I will answer so that a FAQ section is created.

If you send in a recording of yourself playing the track, I will listen and give any additional tips that could help to improve or enhance your performance.

If you send a video clip of your performance I will feature it on my youtube page www.youtube.com/philmaturanodrums and we can all share in the feedback by participating through that site (This is optional. If you don't want it posted i wont)

This is just the beginning and many more tracks are coming. Feel free to write me with any questions or feedback.

To order you can go directly to my blog
http://philmaturano.com/blog/?p=56

Thanks for reading
Pm
__________________
Live to play!

Last edited by Phil Maturano; 02-17-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 02-20-2008, 04:14 AM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Drums and Percussion magazine DVD





In the next issue of Drums & Percussion Magazine in Germany there will be a DVD with all the great performances from the d&p Seminar last December. It will feature all workshops as well as concert footage by some of my favorite and smokin'ist drummers from Europe. Michael Küttner, Andy Gillmann, Manni von Bohr, Dirk Brand, Jose Cortijo, JoJo Mayer, Claus Hessler. Of course the Phil Maturano, trio is featured - with great players and friends, cuban bassist Irio O'farrell and Andreas Schnerman on Piano (DE). A big thanks for getting my trio out there goes to Drummers Collective in NY, Anatolian cymbals, Taye drums and Regal Tip sticks. Without them it would have been very difficult.
If you are in America and can't get a hold of the DVD! Please let me know and I will do my best to let you know how to do it. It is the first time a magazine releases a DVD of this complexity and size in Europe and there will be 26,000 copies floating around!! I am sure we can get one to you somehow!!

Manni von Bohr



__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 02-23-2008, 02:46 AM
Cliffalmondmusic Cliffalmondmusic is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 38
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

YO Man-
Your DVD is great.....glad it's getting so much attention. Looking forward to more......

C.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 02-23-2008, 02:54 AM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Dude i just saw this clip on youtube the other day! Whaaaaaaaa cool!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gUWIQ8nHTko

Cooolllllllll!!!!!
PM
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 03-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Vinnysimmo Vinnysimmo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gislaved, Sweden
Posts: 297
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Hey Phil!
I have only ever seen you play latin music. I (and many others, im sure.) would really like to see you play another style. It would be really interesting to see.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 03-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnysimmo View Post
Hey Phil!
I have only ever seen you play latin music. I (and many others, im sure.) would really like to see you play another style. It would be really interesting to see.
Thanks.
Hi Vin'

My CD's have more styles on them. Also you can check out

www.myspace.com/philmaturanodrums

Some Arabic stuff there, clip with Pete Lockett and some funk etc.
Hope you like it.
Kind regards
PM
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 03-26-2008, 05:55 AM
bmore drummer bmore drummer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Hello, I have been working through your book Latin Soloing for the drumset and I'm a bit confused on how to apply RTS to the samba especially with the hihat going from the &'s in cut time to the 2 and 5 beat in 6/8 time could you please help.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 03-26-2008, 06:45 AM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmore drummer View Post
Hello, I have been working through your book Latin Soloing for the drumset and I'm a bit confused on how to apply RTS to the samba especially with the hihat going from the &'s in cut time to the 2 and 5 beat in 6/8 time could you please help.
Sure bmore,
I have a pdf file for you. Check out these exercises and tell me if they helped. They are giving you a common pulse to work from on the snare when shifting from 2 to 6. Then some more exercises in 6.

If you need more I will post some audio files that will help you as well.

Regards
PM

PS I read your question again and I see clearly what you are asking now. I will make the files more specific. I will post again tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Feeling Samba.pdf (21.2 KB, 500 views)
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 03-26-2008, 02:50 PM
bmore drummer bmore drummer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Thanks for the transcript, but yes if you could provide a PDF that would be great.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 04-07-2008, 08:14 AM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Hi Guys, This is the latest review from Drummer Magazine in the UK. Hope It helps with any questions you might have regarding the DVD.

All the best
PM

__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 04-07-2008, 08:15 AM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmore drummer View Post
Thanks for the transcript, but yes if you could provide a PDF that would be great.
The pdf file is attached in my post before this one. Did you get it?? You able to download it? If there is any problem let me know.
Regards
PM
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 04-07-2008, 04:51 PM
bmore drummer bmore drummer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Yes I got the PDF. I meant to ask if you could post the audio file because I had a hard time understanding. Are you available for lessons to those outside of the Drum Collective.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 04-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmore drummer View Post
Yes I got the PDF. I meant to ask if you could post the audio file because I had a hard time understanding. Are you available for lessons to those outside of the Drum Collective.
Hi bmore. OK i understand . I will post the audio today. Give me a couple of hours.

Yes I am about to get a new studio and I will then be taking students. When you are ready give me a call or write.
P
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 04-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Vinnysimmo Vinnysimmo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gislaved, Sweden
Posts: 297
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Hello Phil.
Ive just borrowed you book "latin soloing for the drumset". Should be really interesting.
But i have a question before i start. Would you learn all the different foot ostinatos before starting the independance exersizes on pages 5-8?
Thanks in advance.
__________________
"The point of a warmup is to warm up, not throw yourself into boiling water!"
JoJo Mayer

Last edited by Vinnysimmo; 04-08-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 04-09-2008, 05:17 AM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnysimmo View Post
Hello Phil.
Ive just borrowed you book "latin soloing for the drumset". Should be really interesting.
But i have a question before i start. Would you learn all the different foot ostinatos before starting the independance exersizes on pages 5-8?
Thanks in advance.
Hi Bro! I would start out with the 6/8 native section before you do anything else. Dont worry about the rest for now. Then take the CD and start listening to it over and over over and over over and over.:-) When you can play through that section try to get a grip on the RTS theory and then start learning very basic foot patterns to play over the exercises.

how does that sound:-)
hugs
pm
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 04-09-2008, 05:18 AM
Phil Maturano's Avatar
Phil Maturano Phil Maturano is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 481
Default Re: Phil Maturano here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Maturano View Post
Hi bmore. OK i understand . I will post the audio today. Give me a couple of hours.

Yes I am about to get a new studio and I will then be taking students. When you are ready give me a call or write.
P
Sorry bmore...just been slammed. I will try today.
PM
__________________
Live to play!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com