DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 01-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Silver Member

Default Pedal Trade in...any pointers?

I am pretty close to trading in my Iron Cobra Power Glide Twin Pedal for a DW 5000 single pedal. I plan on doing so at Guitar Center (about 45 min. drive for me). It's the only outlet I have for such a transaction. Just curious if any of you have any "tricks of the trade" - quite literally in this case - so I don't get hosed in the deal. i.e. what to expect from GC for trade value, etc. Or perhaps y'all have a totally different route to suggest. BTW, I'm trying to use eBay as a LAST resort only (looking for a quick turn around time, less hassle, etc.).

In case you need some details I bought the IC new in Aug 07 and it is still in fantastic condition (save for a little darker master beater than the slave beater). Man - that sounded awful, but I think you get what I mean. Anyway , the point is that I have reasonable expectations to get top trade value. Case, instructions, TAMA hammer key and all are still in tact. Thanks in advance for your help. And feel free to PM me if you desire.

Press here for my drums
"No one has bought his last drum."
Old 01-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pedal Trade in...any pointers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenPastTen View Post
I am pretty close to trading in my Iron Cobra Power Glide Twin Pedal for a DW 5000 single pedal. I plan on doing so at Guitar Center (about 45 min. drive for me). It's the only outlet I have for such a transaction. Just curious if any of you have any "tricks of the trade" - quite literally in this case - so I don't get hosed in the deal. i.e. what to expect from GC for trade value, etc. Or perhaps y'all have a totally different route to suggest. BTW, I'm trying to use eBay as a LAST resort only (looking for a quick turn around time, less hassle, etc.).

In case you need some details I bought the IC new in Aug 07 and it is still in fantastic condition (save for a little darker master beater than the slave beater). Man - that sounded awful, but I think you get what I mean. Anyway , the point is that I have reasonable expectations to get top trade value. Case, instructions, TAMA hammer key and all are still in tact. Thanks in advance for your help. And feel free to PM me if you desire.
Find online the lowest price for the pedal from a retailer and print out the Web page and show that to the salesman. GC will match it.

Try to sell your Tama online. GC won't give you jack for it, no matter how good it is.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:09 AM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
Try to sell your Tama online. GC won't give you jack for it, no matter how good it is.
Yes. Try and sell it on Ebay, Craigs List or try the classifieds thread on this forum, but don't trade it. An IC is about $150 new. Used, you could probably get $80-$100 for it, and that's what GC would try to get. They would probably only give you about $30. Rule of thumb regarding trades or selling to a store. Think of what the store might be able to get for it and then divide it by half, that's what you would get.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:25 AM
Platinum Member

Right now, there's a several Tama IC doubles on eBay going for $162, 150, 122 respective of 123 top dollar amounts. GC will in no way give you that kinda trade, in all probability. By the same token, used DW 5000s can be had in the $50-80 range. If you have a back up pedal, now's the time to break it out and use it for a while, while you turn your mains around on eBay.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Silver Member

Savvy advice fellas. Many thanks. I've miraculously conjured up some patience in the last 24 hours so it looks like I'll go the online route.

BTW, kinda cool that I got responses from DMC,FourStrings, and HarryConway...kinda like the Forum Hall of Fame. That's like asking for swing advice and getting responses from Ty Cobb, Ted Williams, and Tony Gwynn. Pretty sweet.

Press here for my drums
"No one has bought his last drum."
Old 01-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenPastTen View Post
Savvy advice fellas. Many thanks. I've miraculously conjured up some patience in the last 24 hours so it looks like I'll go the online route.

BTW, kinda cool that I got responses from DMC,FourStrings, and HarryConway...kinda like the Forum Hall of Fame. That's like asking for swing advice and getting responses from Ty Cobb, Ted Williams, and Tony Gwynn. Pretty sweet.

HAHA, I'm flattered. I've learned so much here from these people and more.