DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 01-13-2008, 03:07 AM
Silver Member

Default Darn it. GC screwed up...

Ya' know, it ain't too often I get to complaining...

I'm there, getting a new 300 Hazy reso-side (thanks Bob Gatzen for the motivating vid) and a new Genre HD Dry (cause that's what I use for my snare batters).

There is someone I don't recognize working in drums. Turns out after BS'ing a bit, he is from another part of GC...like light-n-audio or some crap. I ask for the heads (which are organized behind the counter...which trulth be told, I was looking for a Hazy 500 but they didn't have it (I know...500???...you'll never really know unless you try it out, right?) Anyways...he gets me the heads, I buy a pack of sticks too. Get home. Tear down my Marlynd DC snare, replace the reso, and get to the batter. Pull the new head out and it isn't the right one. Plain ole' Genre Dry..not the HD (HD has the little holes that follow around the tone ring near the bearing edge). It's not a huge thing, but I'm really particular about attention to detail....ESPCIALLY as a customer.

I can look past using the "wrong" head. Can look around that sometimes GC doesn't have peeps from the "drums" dept. covering ALL the time. I just can't get around the feeling like I have to be more "carefull" about checking my merch before I walk out....which truly sucks. Like I'm going to get jipped at a Taco Bell drive thru....

Sorry about that....

Andy
Old 01-13-2008, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Darn it. GC screwed up...

Sorry I can't resist....

That's why it's named GUITAR CENTER!!

ok i'm done
Old 01-13-2008, 03:44 AM
fourstringdrums

Well mistakes happen. He might not have heard you right. It pays to double check if you're not the one choosing the head yourself. It's like if I ask for a particular pair of sticks, I'm going to double check just to make sure.

The same thing happened to me. I ordered a Power Center Reverse Dot from my local store (they don't stock Evans but can order it). They ordered the correct head according to their form, but were sent a regular Power Center instead. So I have to wait for the correct one to come in.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:05 AM
Silver Member

I kow....with all the bitching about GC's lately...I should have been more carefull.

Oh well.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Pioneer Member

Had the same thing happen to me, was in a hurry guy behind the counter was from somewhere else in the store, told him I wanted clear g2's 12,13,16 well I get to church to put them on and wouldn't you know it the 13 was coated, so another trip back to the store. Moral of yours and my story ALWAYS check to make sure it's what you wanted before you leave!
Old 01-13-2008, 03:39 PM
fourstringdrums

Actually I forgot to add that in my experience with getting the wrong head the other day, I did read the label and it just didn't click. Something told me to take the head out of the box and that's when it dawned on me that it was the wrong head.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticksnstonesrus View Post
Ya' know, it ain't too often I get to complaining...

I'm there, getting a new 300 Hazy reso-side (thanks Bob Gatzen for the motivating vid) and a new Genre HD Dry (cause that's what I use for my snare batters).

There is someone I don't recognize working in drums. Turns out after BS'ing a bit, he is from another part of GC...like light-n-audio or some crap. I ask for the heads (which are organized behind the counter...which trulth be told, I was looking for a Hazy 500 but they didn't have it (I know...500???...you'll never really know unless you try it out, right?) Anyways...he gets me the heads, I buy a pack of sticks too. Get home. Tear down my Marlynd DC snare, replace the reso, and get to the batter. Pull the new head out and it isn't the right one. Plain ole' Genre Dry..not the HD (HD has the little holes that follow around the tone ring near the bearing edge). It's not a huge thing, but I'm really particular about attention to detail....ESPCIALLY as a customer.

I can look past using the "wrong" head. Can look around that sometimes GC doesn't have peeps from the "drums" dept. covering ALL the time. I just can't get around the feeling like I have to be more "carefull" about checking my merch before I walk out....which truly sucks. Like I'm going to get jipped at a Taco Bell drive thru....

Sorry about that....

Andy
Just so you know, it's not just the HD that have the little pinholes around the edge. HD doesn't not stand for that.

Any of the Genera snare heads that have "Dry" in name have the pinholes around the edge.

Genera - 1 ply, muffle ring, no holes
Genera Dry - 1 ply, muffle ring, holes
Genera HD - 2 ply, muffle ring, no holes
Genera HD Dry - 2 ply, muffle ring, holes

See where I'm getting at?
Old 01-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Silver Member

it happens we have been bombarded with so many variety of heads that it is impossible to absorb them all. mistakes happen I went for a genera dry and bought an hd dry I guess something happens during the buying process. Maybe its the fact that were thinking too much like "I can't wait to get that head home and on my snare and hear how it sounds" Well if your thinking in the future mistakes will happen in the present.