DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 01-13-2008, 01:29 PM

Default Mesh heads are so disencouraging.

Hey,
This is mostly directed to drummer who practise with mesh heads on their acoustic kits.
Do you ever find your self disinclined to practise on your kit because of your mesh heads?
For me, I HAVE to use mesh heads, otherwise theres no drumming, as i live in a massive tower block, surronded by more tower blocks. Whenever I look at people posting their kits on the forum, they just look so appealing, I go downstairs, look at my kit with those z-ed mesh heads on, and just groan, but practise anyway, as I love drumming.
I then sometimes just switch heads to my stock heads for tuning practise, and the kit just shines, it looks so beatiful.
Basically all I'm trying to say is.
Mesh heads spoil drum kits, but at the same time, are so benefical.
How do other mesh head players feel?

Oh, and it's even worse for me, as I spent the first 4 years of my drumming life, playing on a regular kit before switching to mesh heads, which kinda makes it worse imo.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Casper "DrPowerStroke" Paludan Casper "DrPowerStroke" Paludan is offline
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Mesh heads are so disencouraging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resok View Post
Hey,
This is mostly directed to drummer who practise with mesh heads on their acoustic kits.
Do you ever find your self disinclined to practise on your kit because of your mesh heads?
For me, I HAVE to use mesh heads, otherwise theres no drumming, as i live in a massive tower block, surronded by more tower blocks. Whenever I look at people posting their kits on the forum, they just look so appealing, I go downstairs, look at my kit with those z-ed mesh heads on, and just groan, but practise anyway, as I love drumming.
I then sometimes just switch heads to my stock heads for tuning practise, and the kit just shines, it looks so beatiful.
Basically all I'm trying to say is.
Mesh heads spoil drum kits, but at the same time, are so benefical.
How do other mesh head players feel?

Oh, and it's even worse for me, as I spent the first 4 years of my drumming life, playing on a regular kit before switching to mesh heads, which kinda makes it worse imo.
I have never played mesh heads but have tried other means of dampening drums. It is fine to do for a bit, but a drummer needs to practice real drums part of the time. Are there practice studios nearby where you can go to play? A drummer friend with more forgiving surroundings?

The bottom line is, you must come up with a solution if you want to play well and feel great about your drums, or just drums in general. We can help you brainstorm, so tell us about what is possible!

Casper