DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 12-24-2007, 08:29 AM

Default Metronome set up live, what gear?

I plan on using a metronome for live gigs. Now, I am using my Roland TD 12 brain (but play a DW acoustic kit). I don't want to carry my $2k drum brain around.

What setup can I use for live gigs and practice?

I need:

1. I play with earplugs. I need a volume control. Loud....
2. I need something that produces other sounds than just a thump or a click.I find that beeps pierce through.
3. I need a tap feature.
4. i need something in stereo.

I would love to hear what you use!
Old 12-24-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Metronome set up live, what gear?

I recently started using the Tama Rhythm Watch (105). It's programable, two differet tone sets, tap function, etc.. When I play a small place, I just use ear buds direct to me.. In a larger place, I can use the 1/4" jack and run it through the sound system back through the fallback (monitor) system. That way, I can hear and anyone else that wants to can hear it as well..

This is a picture taken last night as I was setting up for a Christmas show, before all the mics and junk got put up... You can see it sitting just under my hihat. I made a little bracket for it so that it would be convenient.

Name:  Dan Drum 002.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  99.6 KB

Almost everyone that I know here that plays professionally, (and not), uses the same thing..

It's simple and works well.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2007, 11:04 PM

thanks. I'll pick one up his week.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:31 AM

One thing that I found was a bit of a problem with the rhythm watch was that it would only store 10 tempos in it's memory. I use an Alesis SR-16 drum machine which has a 100 song memory. I set up a click pattern as a song, then copy it as many times as I have songs in the set list. Then change the names and tempo assignments and it's good to go for as many tunes as is needed.

Perhaps Tama has changed this since I used one, I'm not sure. I did however like the fact that the rhythm watch could be run off batteries. I used one on a European tour and didn't have to worry about the power difference.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjatkins View Post
One thing that I found was a bit of a problem with the rhythm watch was that it would only store 10 tempos in it's memory. I use an Alesis SR-16 drum machine which has a 100 song memory. I set up a click pattern as a song, then copy it as many times as I have songs in the set list. Then change the names and tempo assignments and it's good to go for as many tunes as is needed.

Perhaps Tama has changed this since I used one, I'm not sure. I did however like the fact that the rhythm watch could be run off batteries. I used one on a European tour and didn't have to worry about the power difference.
The 105 model will store up to 30, (I think)... I've never used more than 20 or so.. The ONE thing I don't like about it is that if I accidentally hit the program button one too many times, I cannot back up, I have to cycle on through all of them.. I wish it went backwards as well.. Maybe when the 110 comes out LOL

Merry Christmas
Old 01-09-2008, 08:16 PM

You may want to check out the following link,

http://www.luglock.com/beat_bug.htm