DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Mystic

Default A Comparison!

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone here could tell me the difference of the pearl powershifter eliminator P2000C and P2000B, I am pretty sure they are the same pedal just one uses belts and the other uses chains, and if that is correct why would belts make the P2000B $20 more??
Old 01-08-2008, 01:09 AM
fourstringdrums

Default Re: A Comparison!

Correct, the C is a double chain, and the B is a strap drive. That's the only difference. I had no idea the price difference was that large. I know that the strap drive is more expensive now though than when I bought one a few years ago. As to why that is, I don't know.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:08 AM
Mystic

hmm thx for the input, mind telling me what difference it makes which one you use if any, and if your interested go take a look at MF 119 I believe for single pedals, but the doubles are the same as the 2000B
Old 01-08-2008, 05:10 AM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
hmm thx for the input, mind telling me what difference it makes which one you use if any, and if your interested go take a look at MF 119 I believe for single pedals, but the doubles are the same as the 2000B
Well like any pedal it doesn't make a difference, it's all based on what you like. I've used strap pedals only since 2001 and like the usual description says, they have a lighter, more floating feel.

But, if you buy one and don't like it, you can buy a chain or a strap and interchange it.