DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 12-29-2007, 07:01 PM

Default New Pedal

Well I treated myself to a new bd pedal. I got a DW9000. I haven't got to play and tinker with it yet, but I'm impressed with the quality of it. I love my speedking, but it doesn't have the floor plate or the spikes to keep the bd from skiddering off when I set up on a hard surface with my rug, like in a garage. I haven't played very much with DW pedals, a DW5000 would've worked, but I didn't know if I wanted to turbo or accelerator so I got'em both rolled up into one. From looking at it, it appears this may be the last one I ever have to buy.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: New Pedal

Those pedals are pretty sweet.

I have a pearl p122t-w and i think it's pretty cool. I don't know if i like rubber, wood, or felt beaters better on it.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svkelleher10 View Post
Those pedals are pretty sweet.

I have a pearl p122t-w and i think it's pretty cool. I don't know if i like rubber, wood, or felt beaters better on it.
I had the pearl dbl pedal set up last year. I was very impressed with the quality and the function, but never really used the slave pedal and sold it. It wasn't the eliminator version, just the basic one. Most of my hardware it pearl 800 series. I love'em. It was a toss up between the eliminator and the dw, I hadn't owned a dw pedal so I thought I'd give it go. I've used dws in stores messing around, and on a couple of friends kits. Same with iron cobras.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:52 AM

I guess you really haven't got anything to look further from the DW 9002. An interesting alternative, if you do want to experiment in the future, would be the Giant Steps... I guess they're rather unpopular because of the weird shape of their footboard, but I had the chance to play one... and it felt extraordinary (and it goes the same for the hi-hats). So that might be an option to maybe look into for the future.

I personally play a Flying Dragon and to me it's got the greatest possible feel... although this might have got something with auto-suggestion, maybe more than with actual big difference in feel between high-end pedals. Ultimately all of them are customizable to a point where they must feel comfortable to you. If they don't, than your technique is very likely to be the problem.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Silver Member

Great choice, they almost seem too good. If that makes sense, but once I got used to them I never looked back. I hope you enjoy them.