DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 01-01-2008, 12:53 AM

Default Oh no, addiction

I think I'm starting to get addicted to using hot rods.. =/

I started using 'em to keep the noise down while practicing in my house.. they are wood hot rods and they not only bring out the best in my cymbals, how they also make my drums sound nice if I hit at the right angle. And they feel very comfortable.
However, they are not appropriate for actually playing rock with my band, which requires more volume and therefore actual sticks.. however hot rods and drumsticks handle very differentely from one another..
I don't know what to do about this situation, any advice?
Old 01-01-2008, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Oh no, addiction

I know the feeling. I love my vic firth rute sticks. There's just such an organic sound that comes out of the drums and cybmals when I play with them. I suggest maybe getting you band to write lighter songs so that you can use them. Or find other people to play with that you can use them with, or do some acoustic shows with your band using them.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:08 AM

Default Re: Oh no, addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomk View Post
I know the feeling. I love my vic firth rute sticks. There's just such an organic sound that comes out of the drums and cybmals when I play with them. I suggest maybe getting you band to write lighter songs so that you can use them. Or find other people to play with that you can use them with, or do some acoustic shows with your band using them.
Yeah, I'm going to ask them for that.. I mean quite obviously I'm not going to get to play with rutes/hot rods/whatever most of the time but I want to use them as often as I can. Rimshots sound amazing with those things.