DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 12-28-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Victor Lewis

In conjunction with the Roy Haynes thread, I also got to see Bobby Watson's Horizon group with Victor Lewis playing drums. I didn't really know what to expect from this group but they really blew me away. The whole group was Victor Lewis, Bobby Watson-Saxophone, Terrell Stafford-Trumpet, Ed Simon-Piano and Peter Washington-Bass. Again, the whole group was just burning. Peter Washington was really a joy to see, but the most exciting part of the night was the interplay between Terrell Stafford and Victor Lewis. They had people coming up out of their seats.
They played a tune called 'DexMex' that was a tribute to Dexter Gordon. Victor Lewis composed the piece and set it up with this really infectious groove. If anyone has any idea where I can find this song let me know.
They closed out the set with guest appearances from Robin Eubanks on Trombone and Jaleel Shaw on Saxophone. A really excellent group.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Victor Lewis

Cool gayge yet another performance delivered by one of the living legends of modern jazz drumming.

ISTANBUL AGOP CYMBALS
PEACE DRUMS

www.myspace.com/setstan