DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #201  
Old 11-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Wavelength's Avatar
Wavelength Wavelength is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,051
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Hmm. If it's "real football", then how come the players are holding the ball with their hands all the time? If if were up to me (sadly, it ain't) the sport would be called Limb Ball...
__________________
I play Kumu Drums. I also shoot videos.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 11-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Erik Lund
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Funny you bring that up Wave. This year is starting to be "Year of the Kicker" - The guys using their feet are putting up the best numbers by kickers ever. Longer field goal averages, more attempts...


The only punter who doesn't have enough attempts per game to qualify for league leaders is on the Pats...Because they don't need to punt very often. (They're very good)



Oh here's some football talk for you from the Whiner.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...t&lid=tab1pos1
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 11-17-2007, 05:36 PM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Lund View Post
How is being right become being a whiner? Oh that's right - since he's pointing out the terrible calls that almost cost the team he routes for the game. If that crap happened to your team you'd be saying the same thing.

You remind me of Bill Plashke.
OH! That's right!

I forgot. Patriot fans and biased news reporters are always right.

How stupid of me! :-(
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 11-17-2007, 05:42 PM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Lund View Post
Funny you bring that up Wave. This year is starting to be "Year of the Kicker" - The guys using their feet are putting up the best numbers by kickers ever. Longer field goal averages, more attempts...


The only punter who doesn't have enough attempts per game to qualify for league leaders is on the Pats...Because they don't need to punt very often. (They're very good)



Oh here's some football talk for you from the Whiner.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...t&lid=tab1pos1
Well Erik...

All I can say is, the Patriots BETTER win it all this year. Or there's gonna be A LOT of football "experts" whining...STILL!

Hee...hee... Just think about that. The Patriots dominate the whole league in '07-'08...and lose the SB! Or worse...don't even make it to the SB! (Remember last year) :-0 Oops!

;-)
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 11-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Erik Lund
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Every football thread in every discussion boards I've seen (espn.com/foxsports.com/here) is playing out the same way: Every week, the Pats-haters say the same thing across the boards - and every week saying "The Pats are gonna lose" blah blah blah or "they're gonna lose because everyone's looking past this team" blah blah blah

Well, the *Pats* don't look past anyone - they treat every team like they're the best team in the NFL which is why they do well. Starts with the coach and the mentality of the team that he inspires - down to the players all seeing the results and eatin' that Humble Pie.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 11-18-2007, 01:41 AM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Lund View Post
Every football thread in every discussion boards I've seen (espn.com/foxsports.com/here) is playing out the same way: Every week, the Pats-haters say the same thing across the boards - and every week saying "The Pats are gonna lose" blah blah blah or "they're gonna lose because everyone's looking past this team" blah blah blah

Well, the *Pats* don't look past anyone - they treat every team like they're the best team in the NFL which is why they do well. Starts with the coach and the mentality of the team that he inspires - down to the players all seeing the results and eatin' that Humble Pie.
Oh Yea?

Well...

I'm glad I'm not included in those "supposed" Pats-haters boards.

Simply 'cause I've never said I hate the Patriots. ;-)

Play On! :-)
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 11-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Erik Lund
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

You give the same arguments as the Pats-haters.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 11-18-2007, 11:01 PM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Lund View Post
You give the same arguments as the Pats-haters.
Yep!


I remember last year! ;-)


Good Luck!
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 11-19-2007, 06:05 AM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Umm...umm...umm


Pats - 56

Bills - 10


NFL competitive?


Ain't seein' it.


But...at least the Cowboys are still winnin'! ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 11-19-2007, 06:53 AM
Erik Lund
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

well, I guess I should be worried about the Steelers now....
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 11-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Jeff Almeyda's Avatar
Jeff Almeyda Jeff Almeyda is offline
Senior Consultant
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,113
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael drums View Post
Umm...umm...umm


Pats - 56

Bills - 10


NFL competitive?


Ain't seein' it.


But...at least the Cowboys are still winnin'! ;-)
I don't think it's a matter of the league not being competitive. The NFL is the best run major sports league in the world and it's profit-sharing and drafting systems are second-to-none. EVERY team shares equally in the TV money and thus there is not the great disparity between the big and small market teams that we see in baseball.

The reason the Arizona Cardinals stink every year is because the owners decide to pocket the money and not spend it and because of poor management of the money that they do spend.

I think you're just unwilling to admit that the Pats are that friggin good. I guess scoring SEVEN straight touchdowns on their first seven posessions of the game just means that the Bills stink. Well, when John Madden says that this is the best offense he's ever seen and that Brady is having the best season of any quarterback, ever, I think guys like us should shut up and listen.
__________________
Either you have a purpose behind your expression... or you don't.
JoJo Mayer

Last edited by Jeff Almeyda; 11-19-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 11-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Erik Lund
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Totally agree Jeff.


Also - with everyone on the sports forums saying the Pats are the "new Yankees" blah blah blah - apparently they don't know that the Pats are about $12 million under the tax.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 11-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Almeyda View Post
I don't think it's a matter of the league not being competitive. The NFL is the best run major sports league in the world and it's profit-sharing and drafting systems are second-to-none. EVERY team shares equally in the TV money and thus there is not the great disparity between the big and small market teams that we see in baseball.

The reason the Arizona Cardinals stink every year is because the owners decide to pocket the money and not spend it and because of poor management of the money that they do spend.

I think you're just unwilling to admit that the Pats are that friggin good. I guess scoring SEVEN straight touchdowns on their first seven posessions of the game just means that the Bills stink. Well, when John Madden says that this is the best offense he's ever seen and that Brady is having the best season of any quarterback, ever, I think guys like us should shut up and listen.
This is going to sound stupid. I do not like American Football as a sport, but we'll leave that outside the thread. There's just a few things I want to say in this thread.

I caught bits of the match last night late-night (couldn't sleep, bad back because of a virus) and the difference in class between the two teams was absolutely astounding. I remember Brady; the amount of time he had to pass was extraordinary, ten seconds or thereabouts and it genuinely surprised me that he didn't get absolutely bowled over every time he got the ball. I'm not a fan of the sport, but even someone like me could see that he really is something exceptional. Sometimes I wish that the sport had true international credentials to see players like him out of the US, but it's never going to catch on in the UK because we're more akin to watching (and playing in my case) Rugby (Union and League), which is a much more fluid game than American Football.

If anyone ever watches the English Premiership, it's pretty easy to tell between the rich clubs and the poorer clubs; but I don't find that to be the case with the NFL. ALL the teams look to be 'rich' and the disparity between the quality of the teams is fairly inexplicable with regards to financial dispositions.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 11-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Erik Lund
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Oh and another thing...Has anyone noticed that the Patriots are converting at a rate of 100% when they "go for it" when up a bunch? The new word this season that EVERYONE seems to use and feel they understand is "class": "The Patriots have no class" blah blah blah... Every time the Pats have gone for it on 4th down and up a bunch, they have succeeded.

I would just say that the other teams didn't show up...I mean, if the Pats kick a FG they will get their 3 pts...At least this way, the other team has a real chance of stopping them, no?

Anyway - the most overused word this season by every non-Patriot fan is "class".
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 11-19-2007, 03:21 PM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Almeyda View Post
I don't think it's a matter of the league not being competitive. The NFL is the best run major sports league in the world and it's profit-sharing and drafting systems are second-to-none. EVERY team shares equally in the TV money and thus there is not the great disparity between the big and small market teams that we see in baseball.

The reason the Arizona Cardinals stink every year is because the owners decide to pocket the money and not spend it and because of poor management of the money that they do spend.

I think you're just unwilling to admit that the Pats are that friggin good. I guess scoring SEVEN straight touchdowns on their first seven posessions of the game just means that the Bills stink. Well, when John Madden says that this is the best offense he's ever seen and that Brady is having the best season of any quarterback, ever, I think guys like us should shut up and listen.

Well Jeff...


Aparrently you haven't watched much NFL football this year. If you don't think it's a matter of the NFL not being competitive...you've got blinders on.

It's got NOTHING to do with TV money. More to do with free agency, and which owners wanna spend the money for quality players.

Yes, the Patriots are playing absolutely incredible right now. You can't argue with a 10-0 record and an incredibly efficient offense. But to bring up what John Madden says, as if he's the Grand Poobah...PLEASE!

He sticks his foot in his mouth more than anyone! :-(

It's his opinion, and nothing more...until next week, when he changes it.

Look, I give the Patriots alot of credit, they're unbeatable right now. But you can't deny the fact that the non-competitiveness of the other teams in the league is quite real.

I mean, look at the Ravens this year. The Chargers. The Bears. Really good teams LAST year. But now. UGHH! :-(


Play On!

Last edited by michael drums; 11-19-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 11-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Erik Lund
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

The Bears were *not* a great team last year. They were a great DEFENSE. Rex was just as bad last year, but no one cared enough to change anything since they were winning thanks to the D.

This year, Rex was horrible, they have no real backup option, and the D is not the same (Urlacher is not the same this year with his bad back)
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 11-19-2007, 05:26 PM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Lund View Post
The Bears were *not* a great team last year. They were a great DEFENSE. Rex was just as bad last year, but no one cared enough to change anything since they were winning thanks to the D.

This year, Rex was horrible, they have no real backup option, and the D is not the same (Urlacher is not the same this year with his bad back)
HUH???

The Bears were 15-4 last year, Erik! They played in the Super Bowl, man!

OHH...So you DO agree that injuries can determine a teams' success?

Well...

I think the Colts would agree.

Peace Out!
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 11-19-2007, 10:20 PM
nhzoso
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

well if your argumnet is that the league in not competitive than you are probably right to a degree, not many are competitive with the Pats but this is something very special which in this day and age you won't see again. The Pats are like the dynasty's of old, Pitt in the 70's Dallas 70's and 90's S.f. 90's but the only difference is that was when there was no salary cap and teams could buy all the players they wanted like the Yankees and Red Sox do in Baseball.

But now with a salary cap and all teams with the same amount to spend to see a team like this come along is very very rare and will probably never be seen again in our lifetime.

I think all teams are within 5-6million of the cap so not sure how much more competitive you can get. If you take the Pats out of the equation the rest of the league is very competitive so that argument is just sour grapes. Just because the Pats look so dominant does not mean that any team on any given Sunday cannot beat them.. Unfortunately for the rest of the league the Pats understand this and prepare very hard every week and it shows.


Game preparation is huge, it's not like they are taking 6 days off in between laying some smack down on the next opponent. They Prepare better than any team in history and thats why they are undefeated and will go down as one of the best if not the best team in history!
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 11-20-2007, 12:56 AM
TheGroceryman TheGroceryman is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 641
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Okay i think its safe to say that the Pats ARE the most dominant team the NFL has ever seen, i mean Tom Brady already has 37 TD passes, on pace for like 59, practically decimating Peyton's record, Moss already has 15 or so TD receptions, a franchise record, they have scored at least 34 points in EVERY game, (except Colts game, that one doesnt count...), TB has thrown at least 3 TD passes in every game, i mean... their Defense holds the opponent to like im guessing an average of lower than 20 points... I mean, if that doesnt spell unbeatable i dont know what does.
__________________
"Defeat is crowned by Success, Only if you Persist."
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 11-20-2007, 06:25 PM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGroceryman View Post
Okay i think its safe to say that the Pats ARE the most dominant team the NFL has ever seen, i mean Tom Brady already has 37 TD passes, on pace for like 59, practically decimating Peyton's record, Moss already has 15 or so TD receptions, a franchise record, they have scored at least 34 points in EVERY game, (except Colts game, that one doesnt count...), TB has thrown at least 3 TD passes in every game, i mean... their Defense holds the opponent to like im guessing an average of lower than 20 points... I mean, if that doesnt spell unbeatable i dont know what does.
Thanks Groceryman, for exemplifying my point. The NFL is NOT competitive.

Everything you just said proves my point. And that makes the NFL quite boring, actually.

But, before you get all in an uproar, I won't take anything away from the Patriots and what they've accomplished (so far) this year. Like I've said before, I'll give credit where credit is due...I mean, they STILL have to go out there and play football. And they are definitely playing better than every other team.

But I'm gonna stop short of calling them "the most dominant team the NFL has ever seen". I mean, come on! That's coming from a biased person( A Patriots fan) You may need to go back and review the past SB winning teams in the history of the league, and see for yourself the "competitiveness" of the league during those years. I'm sure you'll agree there's A LOT less nowadays.

I sure hope, for you Pats fans, that they DO win in all this year. 'Cause I can imagine how you'll feel, if they choke! :-(


Good Luck! ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #221  
Old 11-20-2007, 06:40 PM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
well if your argumnet is that the league in not competitive than you are probably right to a degree, not many are competitive with the Pats but this is something very special which in this day and age you won't see again. The Pats are like the dynasty's of old, Pitt in the 70's Dallas 70's and 90's S.f. 90's but the only difference is that was when there was no salary cap and teams could buy all the players they wanted like the Yankees and Red Sox do in Baseball.

But now with a salary cap and all teams with the same amount to spend to see a team like this come along is very very rare and will probably never be seen again in our lifetime.

I think all teams are within 5-6million of the cap so not sure how much more competitive you can get. If you take the Pats out of the equation the rest of the league is very competitive so that argument is just sour grapes. Just because the Pats look so dominant does not mean that any team on any given Sunday cannot beat them.. Unfortunately for the rest of the league the Pats understand this and prepare very hard every week and it shows.


Game preparation is huge, it's not like they are taking 6 days off in between laying some smack down on the next opponent. They Prepare better than any team in history and thats why they are undefeated and will go down as one of the best if not the best team in history!
Sour grapes?? Are you kidding? That doesn't make sense, man!

If there's no other team at, or near, the level of the Patriots...The competition level is less than adequate! It doesn't matter if the other teams are competitive within themselves, if the Patriots are so far above the rest.

Come on, Pats fans. I know it's hard to admit it! I can understand. You think everybody wants to knock down the best team, for the sake of knocking them down.

Well, I can tell you one thing...I'm NOT one of those persons! I actually like the Patriots, and was pulling for them in EVERY SB they played in - XXXVI, XXXVIII, & XXXIX, which they won all 3!

Play On! ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 11-20-2007, 06:46 PM
rendezvous_drummer's Avatar
rendezvous_drummer rendezvous_drummer is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Posts: 3,182
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

We all know DA BEARS are the best team...
__________________
LET THE PEOPLE SING
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 11-20-2007, 07:02 PM
nhzoso
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael drums View Post
Sour grapes?? Are you kidding? That doesn't make sense, man!

If there's no other team at, or near, the level of the Patriots...The competition level is less than adequate! It doesn't matter if the other teams are competitive within themselves, if the Patriots are so far above the rest.

Come on, Pats fans. I know it's hard to admit it! I can understand. You think everybody wants to knock down the best team, for the sake of knocking them down.

Well, I can tell you one thing...I'm NOT one of those persons! I actually like the Patriots, and was pulling for them in EVERY SB they played in - XXXVI, XXXVIII, & XXXIX, which they won all 3!

Play On! ;-)
Well they actually have played in 4 SB's but got there asses handed to em by the Bears in 85, Who coincidentally many consider one of the best teams in history. But according to your argument I guess they are all wrong also. I mean they spanked every team and won the SB by a record margin. It was'nt even close so I guess because they smoked everyone the competition was a joke.. I guess you can make that argument for every championship team.

It's not the Pats, Bears, 49ers, Steelers fault that they were so much better than every other team that it made it look almost unfair. Come on man like I said a team like this comes along once a decade and the Pats are this decades. Whether a Pats fan or not if you can't see that then there is no point in arguing any further. It;s not like the Pats have spent 30 million more than any other team, this is through drafting, trading, and not overpaying players IE: Vinatieri, Branch, McGinest, Samuel. To do what they are doing in this day and cap is truly remarkable and you may never see it again.

Oh yeah don't forget that the 49ers lost again, Looks like the Pats are a given for a top 5 pick which knowing them they will trade and get much more than they would have by using it. Who knows maybe Detroit can pick another WR....LOL I LOVE IT!
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 11-20-2007, 07:18 PM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Uhhh...


Whatever.


It is what it is. A non-competitive NFL!


Deal with it...


Peace. ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 11-20-2007, 07:20 PM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendezvous_drummer View Post
We all know DA BEARS are the best team...
Hee...hee...


Can't knock you for your loyalty, rendezvous! ;-)


Though...they REALLY suck, man! :-)


Sorry. :-(
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 11-20-2007, 09:09 PM
nhzoso
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael drums View Post
Uhhh...


Whatever.


It is what it is. A non-competitive NFL!


Deal with it...


Peace. ;-)
WOW nothing like a good comeback filled with facts and good opinions.

So I see we have reached the point where I have obviously proved my point as evidenced by your well thought out reply. Sorry man did not mean to confuse you with facts, obviously your knowledge of the NFL only goes so far.

The NFL is the most competitive league out of the big 4 so...

Deal with that!

Peace ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 11-20-2007, 11:18 PM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
WOW nothing like a good comeback filled with facts and good opinions.

So I see we have reached the point where I have obviously proved my point as evidenced by your well thought out reply. Sorry man did not mean to confuse you with facts, obviously your knowledge of the NFL only goes so far.

The NFL is the most competitive league out of the big 4 so...

Deal with that!

Peace ;-)
Apparently you didn't catch the last 4 or 5 posts that I've given prime examples of, nhzoso!

Nothing like good vision and common sense!

Just get outta the Patriots butt, dude! There's enough up there already...


Geeesssshhhh... :-(

Last edited by michael drums; 11-21-2007 at 03:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 11-20-2007, 11:25 PM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

And as far as my NFL knowledge goes...


I've been following the NFL since 1969, and have yet to find someone with more credentials than myself.

And obviously...STILL haven't!


Smoke that!
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 11-21-2007, 12:56 AM
rendezvous_drummer's Avatar
rendezvous_drummer rendezvous_drummer is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Posts: 3,182
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael drums View Post
Hee...hee...


Can't knock you for your loyalty, rendezvous! ;-)


Though...they REALLY suck, man! :-)


Sorry. :-(
I honestly don't care for american football haha, just love the saying, DA BEARS.
__________________
LET THE PEOPLE SING
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 11-21-2007, 02:27 AM
nhzoso
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael drums View Post
Apparantly you didn't catch the last 4 or 5 posts that I've given prime examples of, nhzoso!

Nothing like good vision and common sense!

Just get outta the Patriots butt, dude! There's enough up there already...


Geeesssshhhh... :-(

Well if you consider those 4 or 5 sorry excuses as good vision then you are the Stevie Wonder of NFL Knowledge. Congrats Stevie : )

Just get your head out of your own Butt, I hope your lonely in there.

Eat That!
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 11-21-2007, 02:39 AM
TheGroceryman TheGroceryman is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 641
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Okay! First off im gonna say that i am completely unbiased since i am not a fan of any one team. I just like football :), so i follow it. I dont know why im not a fan of a team, im just not nationalistic like that i guess... oh and im only 16 so i dont know much history in the NFL.

Anyways, on the topic of the NFL being competitive or not, sorry michael drums, but I'm gonna have to side with nhzoso. I mean, its uncompetitive in the sense that some teams are just ridiculously better than others (as proven by the embarassment the bills got from the pats as everyone knows...) (and by last years superbowl and the AFC vs. NFC duel, I mean come on, we all know that the AFC is home to MUCH better teams than the NFC, and its shown by the past few superbowls, the AFC's been winning, a lot!). BUT, it is quite competitve. For example, last years AFC championship game, both teams played their hearts out, it wasnt a walk in the park for either of them. I mean, EVERY game each team plays their hearts out, we never see blowouts that often to be honest. The Pats are getting lucky, or the other teams have just gotten unlucky. Like the Colts, half their team is injured, the Chargers, teams have finally found out how to stop LT, the Bears, their Defense is finally not carrying their team anymore.

In this year, we've seen A LOT of changes in teams effectiveness. The first 5 picks of this year's NFL draft (i think?) are now like above .500 now (not 100% on this, but i think its pretty close to that). And the teams that were great last year are in desperate need of rebuilding. I mean thats a pretty competitve league to me... one year apparently changes A LOT in this league.

To sum it up, things are constantly changing in this league. Any team can win on any given sunday, and thats why seeing a dominating team like the pats should be embraced, and not hated on, for this only comes about very few times in the NFL.

EDIT: ooo nhzoso, thats a low blow. Ouch! comparing his vision to the blind stevie wonder, oh thats harsh!
__________________
"Defeat is crowned by Success, Only if you Persist."
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 11-21-2007, 03:41 AM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
Well if you consider those 4 or 5 sorry excuses as good vision then you are the Stevie Wonder of NFL Knowledge. Congrats Stevie : )

Just get your head out of your own Butt, I hope your lonely in there.

Eat That!
Well,

it's apparrent that's you're the Pinball Wizard of the NFL, nhzoso. Get a clue, hero of The Who!


You're so far up there dude, a suppository wouldn't help...


Wow! :-(
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 11-21-2007, 03:46 AM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGroceryman View Post
Okay! First off im gonna say that i am completely unbiased since i am not a fan of any one team. I just like football :), so i follow it. I dont know why im not a fan of a team, im just not nationalistic like that i guess... oh and im only 16 so i dont know much history in the NFL.

Anyways, on the topic of the NFL being competitive or not, sorry michael drums, but I'm gonna have to side with nhzoso. I mean, its uncompetitive in the sense that some teams are just ridiculously better than others (as proven by the embarassment the bills got from the pats as everyone knows...) (and by last years superbowl and the AFC vs. NFC duel, I mean come on, we all know that the AFC is home to MUCH better teams than the NFC, and its shown by the past few superbowls, the AFC's been winning, a lot!). BUT, it is quite competitve. For example, last years AFC championship game, both teams played their hearts out, it wasnt a walk in the park for either of them. I mean, EVERY game each team plays their hearts out, we never see blowouts that often to be honest. The Pats are getting lucky, or the other teams have just gotten unlucky. Like the Colts, half their team is injured, the Chargers, teams have finally found out how to stop LT, the Bears, their Defense is finally not carrying their team anymore.

In this year, we've seen A LOT of changes in teams effectiveness. The first 5 picks of this year's NFL draft (i think?) are now like above .500 now (not 100% on this, but i think its pretty close to that). And the teams that were great last year are in desperate need of rebuilding. I mean thats a pretty competitve league to me... one year apparently changes A LOT in this league.

To sum it up, things are constantly changing in this league. Any team can win on any given sunday, and thats why seeing a dominating team like the pats should be embraced, and not hated on, for this only comes about very few times in the NFL.

EDIT: ooo nhzoso, thats a low blow. Ouch! comparing his vision to the blind stevie wonder, oh thats harsh!
It's ok, grocery! ;-)

It's possible 2 people can be missing the point. And you just happen to be one of them.

Uhh...Sorry! With all due respect, of course!

And I'm not worried about what a Patriots', bandwagon jumpin', fan(atic) thinks. (nhzoso)

Really I'm not...


Happy Thanksgiving! :-)
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 11-21-2007, 03:51 AM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendezvous_drummer View Post
I honestly don't care for american football haha, just love the saying, DA BEARS.
Hee...hee...


Yea, it's does sound cool to say DA BEARS.

I can understand that...


Play On! ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 11-21-2007, 04:33 AM
nhzoso
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

So who does everyone have in the Turkey day Games,

GB 43 Det 27

Dallas 27 NYJ 23

Indy 31 Atl. 16

And I will be stuffed, buzzed and happy as a clam

Oh and another great article from Bill Simmons, I forgot about some of this stuff that has happened this year and it's only week 11....
http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/...6&sportCat=nfl

Last edited by nhzoso; 11-21-2007 at 04:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 11-22-2007, 02:19 AM
TheGroceryman TheGroceryman is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 641
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Yea nhzoso i think your predictions are pretty accurate in my book. Except i dont think the Indy game will be that one-sided. I think it'll be closer, you know, Indy is so beat up injury-wise i dont think they're really that dominant any more on defense.
__________________
"Defeat is crowned by Success, Only if you Persist."
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 11-22-2007, 02:31 AM
KzSgDrummer's Avatar
KzSgDrummer KzSgDrummer is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 510
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

I highly doubt the Jets will stay within shooting distance of the Boys.
__________________
Gentlemen Hall
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 11-22-2007, 04:11 AM
nhzoso
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KzSgDrummer View Post
I highly doubt the Jets will stay within shooting distance of the Boys.
I am sure thats what the Steelers thought last week too : ) Thats what I love about this game, on any given Sunday. Plus I think the switch to Clemens at QB is a big boost for the Jets.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 11-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Erik Lund
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Michael you sound like every other non-Pat fan out there. You used to say "any given Sunday" blah blah blah - and now it's "Oh the league is so non-competitive"

If the Pats face the Boys or the Packers in the Superbowl, there's a chance the two teams will be 16-0/15-1. Never happened before. And it took a bunch of Stevie Wonders out there ref-ing the Pats/Colts to keep it competitive - but the top teams are all very good. Just because there are some Dolphins and Jets and 49'ers out there doesn't mean it's not the most competitive league in sports - 'cause it is. So keep watching for another 40 misguided years and enjoy your team.

Play on? Maybe you should sit out the next couple plays.
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 11-22-2007, 10:27 AM
aydee aydee is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,293
Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Lund View Post
Michael you sound like every other non-Pat fan out there. You used to say "any given Sunday" blah blah blah - and now it's "Oh the league is so non-competitive"

If the Pats face the Boys or the Packers in the Superbowl, there's a chance the two teams will be 16-0/15-1. Never happened before. And it took a bunch of Stevie Wonders out there ref-ing the Pats/Colts to keep it competitive - but the top teams are all very good. Just because there are some Dolphins and Jets and 49'ers out there doesn't mean it's not the most competitive league in sports - 'cause it is. So keep watching for another 40 misguided years and enjoy your team.

Play on? Maybe you should sit out the next couple plays.
Jets? did you say Jets, Erik? The sack exchange still around? Are Mark Gastineau and Joe Klecko still playing? I haven't been watching for a while?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com