DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 10-23-2007, 01:08 AM
michael drums

Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Almeyda View Post
This team is terrifying. Where are their weak spots?

I have a feeling that they are going to whip the Colts in a couple of weeks. We'll see...
Well Jeff...

They are VERY weak with their running game. Though, it seems, that right now, they don't need it much.

Which is certaintly an anomaly in football!

Most often the running game is necessary to open up the passing lanes. But it seems like the Pats aren't utilizing it since it isn't needed. That is...so far.

I give 'em credit! They're showing a VERY strong offense, and a strong enough defense, to keep them un-defeated. But can they keep this up?

We'll REALLY find out what they got come November 4th! Pats @ Colts!

Should be a good game tonight...Colts @ Jaguars!

Colts will win ----> 31 - 17

Enjoy...
Old 10-23-2007, 01:48 PM
michael drums

And...

The Patriots REALLY haven't played very good teams...YET!

Come November 4th, they're gonna be playing against a team that's as good, if not better, as them. Also...the Colts have played tougher teams than the Pats, and are still un-defeated.

They looked awesome last night against the Jags! Everybody seems to overlook the strength of the Colts defense, too! That Bob Sanders guy is incredible!

Good luck, Pats fans...you're gonna need it come 11/04/07...

Play On! ;-)

Last edited by michael drums; 10-23-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGroceryman View Post
Heh, well with a 44 year old quarterback carrying your team, you cant really expect much. I was really surprised testaverde won that game... I mean i kind of think it was a fluke since he only had like 4 days to get comfortable with the offense. And with the Colts coming up in two weeks things dont look that good... Do you know if testaverde is going to start again or is the other quarterback going to be healthy?
I still think he played a decent game.

Yea, Delhomme is out for the rest of the season. With Testaverde's showing the other week I bet he'll be starting, he played hard. Maybe Jake ruining his arm was a blessing in disguise, I think Delhomme is probably the worst third quarter QB in the league (He plays great first and second quarter, third quarter he gives up a lot of interceptions and fourth he tries to play catch-up... not an effective policy).

I hope the D-Line keeps up their momentum; it was great to see how aggressive they were. Maybe Peppers will get back to being the great athlete he normally is...
Old 10-23-2007, 07:15 PM
da cheese walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearDrummer View Post
Probably a silly Rugby fan who doesn't think you need pads to play.....
nah....not a sports fan at all...but us europeans could take offense to the "real football" title....because "real football" here is soccer...or as we like to call it football....

it was a joke by the by....dont worry!
Old 10-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
nah....not a sports fan at all...but us europeans could take offense to the "real football" title....because "real football" here is soccer...or as we like to call it football....
Well American football might catch on in Europe since Roger Goodell is trying to globalize the NFL like never before.... Like next weeks Giants vs. Dolphins in London.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:29 AM
da cheese walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGroceryman View Post
Well American football might catch on in Europe since Roger Goodell is trying to globalize the NFL like never before.... Like next weeks Giants vs. Dolphins in London.
i seriously dont think itll catch on anywhere except america....rules are mind-boggling from what ive seen of it....kick,line-up,kick,line-up,fall over,line-up.......its like Gaelic games...nowhere other than in Ireland or to the irish does it make sense....
Old 10-28-2007, 05:09 PM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by da cheese walks View Post
i seriously dont think itll catch on anywhere except america....rules are mind-boggling from what ive seen of it....kick,line-up,kick,line-up,fall over,line-up.......its like Gaelic games...nowhere other than in Ireland or to the irish does it make sense....

Not sure about that, they sold 90,000 seats in 40 minutes. Pretty impressive. Too bad it will be a blowout because The Dolphins absolutely sukk.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:31 AM
Silver Member

Well today we learned that the Pats are amazing once again... killing the redskins 52 - 7... I hope Peyton and the Colts will give them a run for their money next week in probably the most anticipated regular season game.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:13 PM
michael drums

Yea...

Grocery. And this game (Pats crushing the Skins 52 - 7), is certaintly proof of how "watered down" the NFL is right now! I mean, let's face it...it's the Pats & Colts league, and everybody's livin' in it. Or should I say, losing in it!

Though, I think, MAYBE, the Chargers may be trying to do something...finally! And you can't rule out the Cowboys yet.

But let's face it...not many competitive teams, right now, in the NFL. :-(

Next weeks' Pats-Colts game should be THE best game of the year! I'll be glued to the set, for sure...

Play Ball! ;-)
Old 10-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Silver Member

Great time to be a Boston fan. Congrats to the Red Sox on winning the World Series and the Patriots crushing the Skins. Ever since Jets coach Mangini (not Mike) started the camera on the sidelines complaint the Patriots appear to be on a mission of shoving it down their opponents throats every week.

Looking forward to a great game next Sunday in Indy. Go Pats.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:03 AM
nhzoso

Yeah looks like the football gods are paying Manweeni back for being a rat bastard..1-7 HAHAHHA, I love that almost as much as the Fins being 0-8.

As for a prediction in the big game this weekend, I will be rooting like mad for my beloved Pats and the wife will have to hide the remote from me ( they have a way of breaking during close games: ) If I had to bet money I would say.....

Colts-----31
Pats------27

God I hope I am wrong, this game is basically for home field advantage in the Playoffs where I am sure these 2 will meet again.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:11 AM
Silver Member

Wow! The Pats and Colts game is winding down, 4 minutes left. Indy winning by 3. Pats have the ball. Very interesting game. The Pats seem like they didnt really play their best ball in the first half. They're D-line was being pretty weak and gave addai a lot of running room. And Tom Brady with 2 Picks! Either Tom brady is really off today or the Colts D is excellent, and I think it is the latter. Ah craud, the Pats just scored the go-ahead touchdown. 3 minutes left... Lets see if history repeats like back in January and lets see if Manning can lead the Colts to another game-winning drive.

Anyways, on another note, today we learn the Adrian Peterson is ridiculously good. He ran for 296 yards and 3 touchdowns against the Chargers. 296 yards is a single game record for rushing, and hes a rookie.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:14 AM
Erik Lund

The Pats looked terrible (and I'm not even gonna talk about those bogus calls against them) because until the 4th quarter, they decided to try and run the ball...A lot... I didn't understand it at all. They haven't needed to establish any kind of running game all season, and for some reason they decided to try it against their toughest opponent...I was *begging* them to go back to the pass. I didn't need to see two runs in a row for 2-3 yards... Then when Tom went to throw it seemed to be 3rd and 8 every time...

Okay - I AM gonna talk about the bogus calls... That 2nd pass interference was complete garbage as was every time the Pats made a stop they needed or got the yards they needed, and a flag would go up against them and we didn't get to see any video of the infraction... The fix was in! My Patriot-hating friends I watched the game with were the first to think so...

Brackett had a great interception for Tom's 2nd of the game...ugh...but in the end - It's what Tom has done in the past: Win in the 4th quarter - and now with his new toys, it was a little easier (3 plays for 60+ yards and a score, and a passer rating of almost 150 the last 3 possessions)

Bring on the BYES, whoever they are!
Old 11-08-2007, 03:14 AM
michael drums

Hey guys...

Well, it's been a while since I've posted, but I've been outta town, working my future new job.

Anyway...I have to give the Pats congrats, for winning on Sunday! Wow! I actually thought the Colts were gonna win, but the Pats' defense really stepped up in the last quarter. And Mr. Brady looked like his old self(not that old) when it counted. And that Moss guy...Whew! Some nice catches on his part!

Well...I guess the talk will start soon, if it hasn't already, about the Pats goin' undefeated for the whole year. It'll be tough to do in a 16 game season, but if any team can do it, I'd have to say, it'd be this team.

Should be interesting to see how the Colts bounce back from this loss...

Peace Out! ;-)
Old 11-10-2007, 04:32 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Should be interesting to see how the Colts bounce back from this loss...
I think they'll bounce back pretty well against a demoralized chargers' defense, giving up 296 rushing yards to Adrain peterson... In my opinion, i dont think the colts-chargers game will be that close at all really. Apparently the whole NFL has finally realized how to stop LT and the chargers strong offensive line, and I think the colts really quick defense wont have trouble stopping LT.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:08 AM
michael drums

Yep...

I actually thought the Colts would beat the Chargers in a closer game than most thought it'd be but...I was wrong anyway!

But what a game, huh? Wow! Went down to the wire, but didn't think it would after Peyton Manning threw 4 interceptions(he throw his 5th...HIS FIFTH, to end the game) Unbelievable! Never thought I'd see him do that...EVER!

Anyway...this could be the end of their defense of their Super Bowl reign!

They better step it up...ASAP!

Peace! ;-)
Old 11-12-2007, 01:35 PM
nhzoso

Pretty sure it was 6 int's, says alot though that they still had a chance to win at the end and Adam missed a chip shot. Not sure it says alot about how good Indy is or how Bad S.D. is though. Rivers looks horrible.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:56 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
Pretty sure it was 6 int's, says alot though that they still had a chance to win at the end and Adam missed a chip shot. Not sure it says alot about how good Indy is or how Bad S.D. is though. Rivers looks horrible.
Yes...

You're correct, nhzoso. It was 6! And STILL...unbelievable.

And yes...Vinatieri missed a chip shot...AND one right before the half that was a short one also. Just as unbelievable as the 6 interceptions by Manning. WOW!

Think the Packers are for real? The Cowboys? It's starting to get very interesting in the NFC. Favre vs. Romo coming up!

Are the Colts gonna be able to bounce back after 2 tough losses in a row?

Play On! ;-)
Old 11-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Erik Lund

The Colts are horrible, and after re-watching my buddy's TiVo'd Pats-Colts game, it was clear the league wanted the Pats to lose. If you go on ESPN.com check out Bill Simmons' newest article. I agree 1000% with it. So many terrible calls and no-calls against the Pats - the one with the Colt ripping off the Pats player's helmet right in front of the ref after the play (in anger)...ridiculous. The ref just watches and does nothing...The fix was definitely in. 146 yd penalties (all pretty questionable) to the Colts' 25 yds (one call questionable)...watching it the 2nd time, I knew what I was looking for (bad calls) and got even more angry at them knowing they were coming (and rewinding and re-watching...) Simnmons posed a good question: Is this just one game - a complete abomination? or are the Pats gonna have to deal with playing against the refs the rest of the season as well?

The Colts will lose 4 games this season. 5 including the post-season. If they were really some great team to reckon with, the loss to the Pats should have pumped them up to come out and kill the Chargers, but Manning's SIX interceptions...just dreadful. I hope we see less commercials with him as a result. And the Chargers look pretty frickin' terrible too. I thought they were coming back but decent teams know how to shut down LT now since they have no QB...

Wasn't surprised by the Cowboy's victory. Them and the Packers will be fun to watch duking it out.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Erik Lund

Vinatieri's other miss was a 42 YD attempt. Not a short one by any means (and in the rain) but normally a "gimme" for him. Guess it's just that Colt-loser mentality rubbin' off on him.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:23 PM
michael drums

Wow Erik...

How do you REALLY feel??

Dude...you sound like a bitter ex-Baltimore Colt fan. You think the Colts will lose 4 games, then lose in the playoffs?

That's a pretty bold prediction, there. Then again...not any bolder than mine, when I predicted that the Colts would repeat this year.

It's starting to look like MAYBE...the chance to repeat, for the Colts, is slipping away. But great QBs', like Peyton Manning, tend to bounce back from bad(probably an understatement)games and become their usual selves again. Time will tell whether the Colts are still hungry for another SB...soon enough!

Peace...
Old 11-13-2007, 06:09 AM

yes, but the true question is, can the colts do it without the help of the officials? For me, there is no debate. Tom Brady is better than payton manning now, was better last yr, and will always be better than the commerical boy. Even with the refs handing the colts the game, brady still won. Hell, I would take tony romo over manning..at least he spends his time practicing and improving instead of filming commercials. AND he can do it with only 1 star reciever, not three.

Ohh, and he doesnt make excuses either. Manning (both of em, actually) is the biggest cry baby in the NFL. I remember an article a while back in sports illustrated after the league tightened up the rules for hitting QBs after manning complained that the pats were hitting him with "unecessary" strength. They asked drew bledsoe, a seasoned vet at this point, what he thought of the changes. He said "I remember when Quaterbacks didn't have to wear skirts on the field. We're football players too and we should be acting like it."

Amen reverend.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:13 AM

And PS, anyone see all the excuses the analysts were making for payton on sports center? about him not having all the starters, blah blah blah...makes me sick.

Any by the way, he threw 6 ints and lost. anyone remember a few weeks ago when romo through 5 ints and WON against buffalo? Just goes to show how much the league loves payton. Romo got no credit for pulling his team back and scoring 2 times in 19 seconds but payton gets every excuse in the book for why he sucks.....welcome to the new World Wrestling Federation fellas.....
Old 11-14-2007, 01:32 AM
michael drums

Wow matt...

You seem to not say how you really feel also. Like Erik. :-)

Well, not to stick up for Peyton Manning but...his "go to" guys weren't playing Sunday(Marvin Harrison and Dallas Clark), and STILL almost won the game! And would have if Venitieri not missed those 2 field goals(one a chip shot from 29 yds.)

Yes...he threw 6 interceptions! There's no disputing that. That sure didn't help the team. But if you take Randy Moss and Wes Welker out of the Patriot games...I GUARANTEE you, they are a different team. And I don't mean a better team.

You obviously dislike the Colts and Peyton Manning especially, so I'd say you may be a little biased. Your comments about PM and his off-the-field projects have nothing to do with his playing.

If anyone should be "anti-Colts", it should be me! Who grew up a Baltimore Colts fan, and we all know what happened there. So I should be one to throw mud at the Colts.

But they DID win the Super Bowl last year. And they will always be a threat to win, at least another one, for next 5 or 6 years or so. Anyone that follows the NFL, currently, would agree.

I'd also be careful what you say. It can come back to bite you. Take it from me! :-(

Oh, btw...I'm a HUGE Cowboys fan, and that's who I'm really pulling for anyway. So if the Cowboys keep winning...you won't hear my cryin'! ;-)

Play On! :-)

Last edited by michael drums; 11-14-2007 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:41 AM

When Brady won with the pats in 2001, he didn't have a go to guy. Hell, there wasn't a noteworthy receiver on that team. Come to think of it, No one knew who tom was either..he was just the backup..and he still won. Tom has won 2 of his 3 without a single receiver we all could name before that season on his team. That makes a real QB. PM is the second most over rated QB in the league, only behind M. Vick in his glory days.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Erik Lund

Amen

and I'm not religious. (20 character count!)
Old 11-14-2007, 03:37 PM
michael drums

Ummm...

Obviously 2 Patriot fans here. Well, if you look back at that '01 Patriots' team there WAS "go to" guys on that team, ie...Wide receivers Troy Brown, Terry Glenn, and Charles Johnson. Running back Kevin Faulk. And kicker Adam Vinatieri. Not necessarily scrub players here.

So I wouldn't say they were a fluke, matt. Though they only beat the Rams in the Super Bowl 20-17. Not exactly total domination.

Look, it's obvious you are a Pats fan, and I can appreciate that. But I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. Anything can happen. The Colts are now without Dwight Freeney for 3 - 6 weeks. Marvin Harrison is still out. And Dallas Clark. Injuries, especially to key players like the Colts have, are very detrimental to a team, regardless of how good a team they are.

So the old saying applies, I guess...A team is only as good as it's lack of injuries. And, right now, the Patriots have less key players out with injuries than the Colts. So keep your fingers crossed that your Patriots stay injury free.

Play On! ;-)
Old 11-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Erik Lund

jesus. If you're gonna say the Colts are even close to the Pats - injuries or otherwise, then you didn't see the game, or you watch with blinders. It was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen in any sport.

Peyton has had more weapons for years - and what did you just bring up? Charles Johnson? Please.

I know it's fun to hate the Pats if you're not from New England, but seriously...You people are looking for any reason to say they aren't a good team. They are a RIDICULOUS team, and they will be - after this season - considered the greatest team in the history of the ENNEFFELL.

have fun cheering for your losers. I wouldn't be so spikey, but I am done listening to people make up reasons why they're not a good team.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:09 PM
michael drums

Hey Erik...

First of all, you need to chill out, man. I don't think anyone's knocking the Pats here. Though I, STILL, can't understand why Belichick felt the need to cheat against the Jets. But I won't say anything more about that. It's neither here nor there at this point.

Seriously, no one is knockin' the Patriots! For god's sake, they're 9-0 man. You really can't argue with the facts. As I've said before, I give credit where credit's due. But Erik, I wouldn't get too confident...yet.

Yes, the Patriots are the best team right now. Can they go undefeated? Probably not. Very tough to do in a 16 game season. Just like I don't think the Dolphins will go winless this year. The Pats will lose a game and the Dolphins will win a game.

Anyway, I can appreciate your passion for the Pats. I've got the same for the Cowboys. But I'm not gonna go crazy with any predictions of how far they'll go this year.

I learned that when I predicted that the Colts would win their 2nd SB in a row. It still could happen, but what's transpiring, right now with them, points to that not happening.

Erik...relax and try the decaf, buddy. ;-)

Play On!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:58 AM

First off, I'm a cowboys fan. I just hate PM.

But second of all, the colts did this to themselves by not having enough depth. And I heard someone on ESPN sayin that colts recoevers werent on the same page as PM but think about this...should a great QB be able to be on the same page with any reciever? Look at tom brady, he has had a different group of recievers pretty much every year and still manages, year after year, to put up great numbers. The QB debate ended a long time ago for me. Commercial boy can have his glary and the super bowl/ wins the league handed him on a golden platter. Ill take tom's three hard faught rings any day.

And for the record, every single team in the nfl does what new england did against the jets, they just happened to get caught. Doesnt chan ge anything aparently, at least with the way they are destroying teams.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:54 PM

I root for the 0-10 Miami Dolphins... playing for first pick in the draft...
Old 11-15-2007, 02:56 PM
michael drums

Ehh...

whatever matt. I'm not gonna try and change your mind about the Patriots. You LOVE 'em! I get it! They're undefeated. Get that also. They're the best team right now. Ditto. You HATE Peyton Manning. Check.

But to say that "every" team cheats, is a bit far-fetched. All I ask is that you do not fish to justify what they did. EVEN if it were true, that every team does cheat...doesn't make it right.

Also...depth of a team varies. But "usually", the back-ups aren't as skilled and/or knowledgeable about their teams playbook. Again...if the Patriots, or any team, has significant injuries to key players, as the Colts do...they're NOT gonna be as effective as if they were at full strength. That's simple math, matt.

So keep your fingers crossed that your Patriots stay healthy...or else! :-(

Play On! ;-)
Old 11-15-2007, 10:25 PM
nhzoso

OKAY I gotta chime in here on the cheating thing because I see it tossed around so casually all the time and 99% of the time the person is ill informed but continues to run with it anyway.

Were the Pats Cheating? Yes

Does every team do it? Yes and NO

Is there alot to be gained from it? NO

I know your saying yes and NO what kind of answer is that? Well here it is..

The Pats had a camera on the jets sideline, This is the rule they broke.

Can they have a guy in the press box with a camera pointed at the Jets sideline?? YES

Can they have a guy on their own sideline with a camera pointed at the other team. YES

Does every team in the NFL do this without being on the opposing teams sideline. YES

Now if you can tell me what the big advantage is of having the camera on the opposing teams sideline vice your own sideline or the press box or some shmuck in the stands I would love to hear it.

Of course Bellichick is considered a genius so haters now say well there must be a reason why he did it or he would not have done it. Please He is not Einstein.

I believe he misinterpreted the rule, of course no one wants to hear that because that is to easy and makes the Pats really Look like a great team and frankly people are tired of hearing about the Boston based teams.. Too bad deal with it.

Do you honestly believe he is so much smarter than any other coach in NFL history, he cannot make an honest mistake.. And even if he did it on purpose now explain to me the big advantage.

Don Shula showed his true colors last week too. I thought he was a great coach and always admired him but when he piped up about an asterisk I said to myself, this guy bases his whole career off one undefeated season how sad.. he did not have a problem with it when it happened or the 8- 9 weeks after it. But when they beat the Colts and it now looked very good that they may go undefeated he opens his dentures. Of course he back tracked because he does'nt want people to look to closely at some of the games the Dolphins won during that season with a few very very bad calls that happened to go their way..

I just wish people would shut up with all the whining even some of my fellow Pats fans with all the talk about the Colts piping in noise crap.. This is the NFL and whining should not be allowed. Now I agree there were some horrible calls in that game against the Pats that make you wonder what the hell was going on but the whole country saw it and I am sure it was just a bad day for the ref's so lets leave it alone and move on.

Lets all hope the Pats go undefeated andThe Dolphins win more games than the 49ers : )
Old 11-16-2007, 10:18 PM
Erik Lund

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...9&sportCat=nfl
Old 11-17-2007, 12:29 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Lund View Post
Geessshhh...

You Patriot fans are whiners! Even in victory! :-(

Just enjoy the ride, for Gods' sake.

And stop your cryin', guys. Ya know...you could be Dolphin fans! ;-)
Old 11-17-2007, 02:14 AM
Silver Member

Geesh, i havnt heard that much whining and crying since i went over to my uncles house to see his newborn baby...
Old 11-17-2007, 02:25 AM
Erik Lund

Whining? He's right on every point.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:26 AM
Erik Lund

And he's a more fun read than other sports guys. "Cobra Kai Yankees"? Brilliant!
Old 11-17-2007, 06:38 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Lund View Post
Whining? He's right on every point.
He's a whiner on every point. And completely biased. :-(

Pass the tissues...he's got issues!

Get a grip, kiddies!

Geeesshh...
Old 11-17-2007, 10:05 AM
Erik Lund

How is being right become being a whiner? Oh that's right - since he's pointing out the terrible calls that almost cost the team he routes for the game. If that crap happened to your team you'd be saying the same thing.

You remind me of Bill Plashke.