DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 11-11-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Roland TD6 KW problems

Hi there,
i have owed a td6 kw for 1 year and though i love playing it, many of the triggers malfunction and have been replaced , i also have a new td6 module that is playing up.

i have had all 3 pd-8 toms replaced as 1 started to become faulty,

when i first bought the kit the pdx-8 snare was doggy from the start and ROLAND told me they were unreliable so they gave me a pd-80 which has been just fine

2 cy-8 cymblas replaced, again as they wouldnt always trigger especailly used as a ride

a new hihat controller which the mechanical footplate became stiff and only after a good hard stamp would it behave in a free way, but the new one they just sent is already doing the same.

the old td6 module had a problem with one of the 1/4 inch outs so it was replaced.

And today one of the replaced pd-8 toms is not triggering as it should.

Also sometimes i'll turn on the td6 a particular sound like a hi hat sound will not work, then i switch it off and turn the unit back on and then the sound is fine again as usual.

All this is abit of a pain as i gig with it and have just stared sessioning with it.

Anybody had similar experinces to this?

To be fair to ROLAND they have been wonderful and sent me out the replacement parts straight away, which is keeping them loyal to me in my heart.

Is it just the TD6 kw range that are prone to this?
I just wish i could play them and know they will do what they are meant to.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: ROLAND TD6 KW PROBLEMS

I have a TD-20, never had a problem but I do not gig with it.
Misc. Snares
My Web Site
Old 11-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Gold Member

I have the next level up of the TD-6 and its been great. Its about 1 year old, and only now after 2-4 hours of playing every day am I starting to notice that it is missing a couple triggers every now and then. I hope they are as generous to me when I ask for a new snare pad and kick pad.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:20 PM

We sell (and have sold) a LOT of roland kits at all price points, your case is by far the worst I've ever come across. I think that in 5 years (how long I've been at MM), we've only had to help one or two customers get replacement pads/triggers.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk9290 View Post
I have the next level up of the TD-6 and its been great. Its about 1 year old, and only now after 2-4 hours of playing every day am I starting to notice that it is missing a couple triggers every now and then. I hope they are as generous to me when I ask for a new snare pad and kick pad.

Thats what started with me. The mis-triggering doesnt happen all the time, but it has happened enough to be unsatifactory at a gig or recording.

Roland uk are really great so i hope they are in the states.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy @ Massmusic View Post
We sell (and have sold) a LOT of roland kits at all price points, your case is by far the worst I've ever come across. I think that in 5 years (how long I've been at MM), we've only had to help one or two customers get replacement pads/triggers.
before i bought the kit a i tried one out in a shop and a guy there said the new pdx-8 snares werent as good as the pd-80's and that was certainly my experience.

The drums are kept in my garden studio with loads of electric gear including my p.a. system and though its very slightly more damp than my house no other bit of equipement has suffered due to damp. I have only had the kit 1 year and my p.a system has been in the garden out house for 4 years with no problem.

When i travel with the kit its put in a flight case.
Even though the case has minimal padding its all sitting snugg and not rattling around, and it has never had a major bump or drop, just the usual movement in and out of cars and onto a stage, If it was something to do with movement i could imagine the modual getting effected but not the pads and not the hi hat controller which is a FD-8.

Its certainly a mystery to me.

Most of my mates who have electric kits never travel with them and they dont have any problems.