DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 10-29-2007, 03:45 AM

Default Electric drum modual hook up HELP.....

I have a dtxpress III electric set with a dtx III modaul also a dtx IV modaul.The question is how to hook both up so I can put more pads on the set.I'm running the set through a mixer which also runs a cd,tape,deck.The way I have the IV hooked up now is running another mixer with the IV modaul through the second mixer,everything is working ok, BUT the tape deck will only record what is going through the first mixer.Please help.
Thanks Oldog..
Old 10-31-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Electric drum modual hook up HELP.....

Hey bro..

I used a Simmons SD5k and now I have a roland TD-12. But the point is that they both had "mix in" jacks (1/4 inch). Can you run the output of one machine, into the mix in on the other set? The same way you would run a CD player though it...

I ran a mic from a mixer board though my TD 12, then had both the mic and my drums going to my keyboard amp (street gig). It worked great.

Waddya think?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:03 PM

Brian's solution is the most straight-forward. You send the audio out of one module to the 'mix-in' of the other module. This way you're dealing only with the audio content of what each module is putting out.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:25 PM

Just a thought - do you know you can use a stereo to dual mono splitter cable in the tom jacks on the DTX IV module giving you an extra 3 pads? I'll need to check the book tonight, but I think you might be able to do this with the cymbal jacks too. Would that not be enough inputs?

As for hooking the two modules together, I'm not sure. I have a II and a IV, but have more than enough pads on the IV.

CopperBomb