DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 07-05-2006, 11:18 PM

Default Hansenfutz pedals

Do these things really work? I just got 2 of them and I am waiting for them in the mail. Just wanna know if they work or not.

the best: colaiuta, weckl, gadd, rich, garibaldi
Old 07-06-2006, 12:24 AM

Default Re: HANSENFUTZ PEDALS

You might wanna add a little info with posts like this. I had never heard of the things.

They look kinda cool. For those who dont know, its like a practice pedal with no beater...kinda. You can also get an electronic one...dont listen to me just check out the website. www.hansenfutz.com

Let us know how they feel and function. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:40 AM

I use them all the time I have a cow bell and some other stuff on them. I aslo use them to warm up before a gig. You don't get that rebound like a drum head but they work for me.
Trick PRO1-V and Axis - pedals
Old 07-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Senior Consultant

They work great for heel down practice.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:56 AM
Pioneer Member

Im going to buy pads one at a time to construct and practice pad kit. But im having trouble finding a bass drum pad. Would you recomend that i get one of these? How loud are they? Can you make then louder?
Old 07-06-2006, 04:15 AM
Senior Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin Groover
Im going to buy pads one at a time to construct and practice pad kit. But im having trouble finding a bass drum pad. Would you recomend that i get one of these? How loud are they? Can you make then louder?
I would get the Gibraltar bass drum practice pad. It accepts double pedals too. The Futz can be made louder but they sound NOTHING like a drum. They click.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knevildrummer
I would get the Gibraltar bass drum practice pad. It accepts double pedals too. The Futz can be made louder but they sound NOTHING like a drum. They click.
Mmmm. Ok then. How much is the gibralter one? It doesn't come with a cheap gibralter pedal does it? And i searched the site but it doesn't how much the the Futz is?
Old 07-06-2006, 10:22 PM

Futz is i think $50. you can a discount on some of the websites that sell it. So far I have only seen $32.00 at the lowest.

the best: colaiuta, weckl, gadd, rich, garibaldi
Old 07-07-2006, 12:44 AM

I got them not to long ago, they are truly awesome, my only problem is right now, i have to figure out how to adjust them :P
Old 07-07-2006, 03:25 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Hansenfutz pedals

So you can't adust the tension?!
Old 07-07-2006, 06:07 AM
Gold Member

haha, i like how you buy them and then ask us if they are worth it
Old 07-07-2006, 06:09 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman96797
Do these things really work? I just got 2 of them and I am waiting for them in the mail. Just wanna know if they work or not.
Please let me know what you think; I have been wondering about these myself!

Mike

http://www.mikemccraw.com
http://www.dominoretroplate.com
Old 07-07-2006, 06:10 AM
WFD ACEDRUMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePorter
I got them not to long ago, they are truly awesome, my only problem is right now, i have to figure out how to adjust them :P
Turn your pedal upside down.take out the 2 screw and dont loose them.
on the side at the hinge is a slot for a screwdriver push in and youll feel the tension go up as you push in and turn counterclockwise for more tension.
Also I use mine full tension withourt the screws for a double workout.
try that while your watching a movie.
Good luck and God Bless
Tim
www.timwaterson.net
http://timwaterson.blogspot.com/
Old 07-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Pioneer Member

Hey Time i really want one of these. No need to tell anyone else but just PM me and you can send one for free. To be polite ill pay shipping of course. You prob get these for free yea. ;-)
Old 07-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knevildrummer
So wats this gibralter one?
Old 11-02-2006, 01:27 AM

Yup, I have one that should be coming in the mail tomorrow as well. I read up on them, heard they were at least somewhat decent, and decided its worth the $30 even if it's not that great. Anything that can decrease my boredom and allow me to practice my bass foot at work is worth far more than 30 bucks to me...
Old 11-02-2006, 02:47 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin Groover
So wats this gibralter one?

I have one which I use at school as I have very little access to a real kit while I'm here. It's basically a big mounted practice pad that a pedal can be hooked up, just like a real kick drum. It's full of air and has a bit of give, so it feels pretty damn close to what a real kick feels like. They're $100 in Australia. Check out Drumtek if you're in Melbourne.

Biz
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2006, 05:56 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy Biz
I have one which I use at school as I have very little access to a real kit while I'm here. It's basically a big mounted practice pad that a pedal can be hooked up, just like a real kick drum. It's full of air and has a bit of give, so it feels pretty damn close to what a real kick feels like. They're $100 in Australia. Check out Drumtek if you're in Melbourne.

Biz

I had one of these and I didn't like it. I didn't think that this is what a real kick should feel like - no rebound.

Mike

http://www.mikemccraw.com
http://www.dominoretroplate.com

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=drummermikemccraw
Old 11-02-2006, 11:08 PM

there's an online review mikedolbear.com did of these things, check out

THIS
Old 11-03-2006, 03:01 AM

I got mine in the mail today. It's true, it doesn't feel exactly like a bass pedal, but I think that would be next to impossible to accomplish with a design like this. The biggest reasons, in my opinion, are that the spring is at the pivot point right at your heel, instead of way up by the front of the footboard like a normal bass pedal, and the footboard itself is just way lighter because it's made of plastic. It's just a different feel that is inescapable due to physics.

I think it serves it's purpose though. I am constantly using the floor as my bass drum pedal at work, and since I can't take my booming Ludwig up 4 flights of stairs everyday and cram it under my desk, the Futz pedal is a considerable upgrade in feel from hard, carpeted cement.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:58 PM

For the price of these pedals, i think they are Totally worth it. I have a pair of them, and they velcro right on to the carpet so tehy dont move. I put them right under my desk so i can practice while i work and whatnot. You can totally adjust them, adn if you wanted, i could put a stick in them and use a cowbell or whatever. There are others out there that i havent tried, but for practicing, these are pretty decent. I know they dont feel as real, ut they really devlop your muscle.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:48 PM

Quote:
For the price of these pedals, i think they are Totally worth it. I have a pair of them, and they velcro right on to the carpet so tehy dont move. I put them right under my desk so i can practice while i work and whatnot. You can totally adjust them, adn if you wanted, i could put a stick in them and use a cowbell or whatever. There are others out there that i havent tried, but for practicing, these are pretty decent. I know they dont feel as real, ut they really devlop your muscle.
I totally agree with you man. They are light and portable so you can bring them anywhere, like work, as we've both mentioned. Having a real bass drum pedal set up on a practice pad is probably more realistic and better practice, but it's not nearly as portable and more expensive. For the 8 hours a day I'm stuck behind a desk I can practice my foot better than just tapping on the floor. So for me, the amount of practice I'll be able to get with this thing pays for itself in a day. I might get another one for my left foot even though I only play single pedal, make it feel like I'm sitting behind the kit all day long.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:51 AM

Yah man, totally get the other pedal. When i got mine i got both for a special price. they didnt come single, they came as a pa\ir!
Old 11-14-2006, 05:24 AM

Hmm...I've had no trouble playing mine heel up, just takes a little getting used to. There's definitely a sweet spot for heel up playing that feels and responds the closest to a real pedal. I think you're right on a couple of counts though. No it doesn't feel just like a real pedal due to the weight, spring tension, and design of the pedal, but I do think the feel is enough that the practice will transfer to a real pedal, and that combined with it's portabilty is why I think it's worth the 30 bucks. And yeah, hopefully this will serve as a template for a better designed practice pedal in the future.

I didn't seem to have any problems with spring tension adjustment either, I adjusted it once, to the closest setting to my real pedal and I probably won't change it ever again.

And about the velcro underneath, it must really depend on the density of the carpeting because I literally ripped an entire square of rug off the floor under my desk trying to remove this thing the first day I brought it to work. It's like friggin' super glue.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:01 PM

I am totally interested in this tool. I'm interested to test out the trigger setup with my Yamaha DTXTREME IIs drum module. I'd also like to setup 2,3 or even 4 of them on my kit, housing cowbells, blast blocks, etc. A way cool way to incorporate Latin sounds in your grooves. When I visit my bro in the mid-west, I could bring a couple of pedals+triggers, my drum module, e-snare, a tom pad and whammo! we can now jam.

I should be picking up a couple in a few weeks. I'm totally stoked.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Platinum Member

Mine came in the mail Tuesday and I'm using the hell out of it, I love it! I wish I would have had this when I went on vacation last week.

The spring tension, out of the box, is a little high but I like it. I equate it to using heavy sticks on a practice pad - it should make me faster.

As far as rebound, I don't see any complaints...it feels pretty close to a real pedal, if you ask me!? Sure, if you bury the beater when you play a real kick, this won't feel similar...however if you don't, you can do singles and doubles w/ this with a similar feel to a real kick.

I've had it under my desk at work all day...I've probably gotten 4+ hrs. of practice on it. I can't wait to see what a few weeks of this will yield!

Highly recommend!