DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 10-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Silver Member

Default I need a good mp3 player for about 50 bucks

1GB preferably

right now I am searching through ebay, but there are so many, suggestions are nice!
Old 10-17-2007, 12:19 AM

Default Re: I need a good mp3 player for about 50 bucks

Check this one out.$40 U.S. for 1gb.Apparently the sound quality is really good.The link also has video of the unit.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...lip-review.php
Old 10-17-2007, 12:28 AM
fourstringdrums

I have a Creative MuVo v100 2GB that I got for $70.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-MuVo-.../dp/B000JFN1XY

The 1GB is $40. I like it because it is super small, light and you don't need a cable to transfer to the computer. The player itself pulls apart (see amazon pictures) and plugs into your USB. Then you can either use supplied software to import music, or just do the easier option and copy and paste music to the newly created drive once it's plugged in. The only gripe I have is that while you can create new folders to store your music off of the root directory, the manual is useless and doesn't tell you how to do it and then access them in the player. If you get this one, PM me and I'll tell you how.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:51 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringdrums View Post
I have a Creative MuVo v100 2GB that I got for $70.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-MuVo-.../dp/B000JFN1XY

The 1GB is $40. I like it because it is super small, light and you don't need a cable to transfer to the computer. The player itself pulls apart (see amazon pictures) and plugs into your USB. Then you can either use supplied software to import music, or just do the easier option and copy and paste music to the newly created drive once it's plugged in. The only gripe I have is that while you can create new folders to store your music off of the root directory, the manual is useless and doesn't tell you how to do it and then access them in the player. If you get this one, PM me and I'll tell you how.
I am leaning towards the 2 gig, I am looking on amazon and I figure I might as well shell out a little more for the 2 gig since my collection is quite large.

edit: I found a refurbished one for 50 so I am definitely getting it, that info will be helpful now!
Old 10-18-2007, 03:04 AM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothJazz View Post
I am leaning towards the 2 gig, I am looking on amazon and I figure I might as well shell out a little more for the 2 gig since my collection is quite large.

edit: I found a refurbished one for 50 so I am definitely getting it, that info will be helpful now!
Ok, well all you do is plug in the player, then open Windows Explorer. Go to whatever drive the player comes up as (for me I think it's F) Just create folders off of the root directory named whatever you want, then copy music to it.

When you want to access that folder in the player, you push the grey jog wheel on the side, and scroll to "Skip Folder". Press the jog wheel again to select. Then press again to select "Root". After you do that you can then scroll through the different folders you created.

Keep in mind though if you get to the end of a song in a folder, it won't start from the beginning it will go on to the next folder. But it's still a decent way to organize.