DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 10-11-2007, 09:18 PM
nhzoso

Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGroceryman View Post
If the Cowboys arnt getting to the superbowl then who is... The NFC is a pretty junky conference, the boys are clearly the best team in the conference. I mean the Bears, Lions, and Packers are pretty good but with the lions getting crushed by the skins, the Bears looking pretty unpredictable with quarterback issues, and Favre probably not going to be able to put up good numbers throughout the whole season singlehandedly, the Cowboys seem the most stable. But it wont matter who gets in the superbowl in the NFC because we all know this league is AFC-dominant. :P
Well besides the Cowgirls I like think the Redskins are looking better and better every week, I also would not count out the NY football Giants.

What the hell is wrong with the Saints?? What a complete and utter let down they have been. Brees looks like he merged with Rex Grossman and created some kind of mega scrub QB.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Guinness

I don't know if I can handle another game like last weeks...I was so stressed out watching the Bills do what they did last weekend..shew! Talk about a come back. All I know is as long as Romo is in the game the Cowboys have a chance. As bad a game as he had last week and he still managed to fight thru it to a victory. It is definitely going to be a good game, I just hope my heart can take it. Go Cowboys!
Old 10-14-2007, 01:08 AM
Erik Lund

I haven't seen too many Cowboy games, so I'm wondering how Romo performs after getting whacked a few times. 'Cuz the Patriots will most definately get to him. I don't see the D-line for the Cowboys getting to Brady. The Pats have the best O-line in the Enneffell. Brady has had all sorts of time this year.

Countdown!
Old 10-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Senior Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Lund View Post
I haven't seen too many Cowboy games, so I'm wondering how Romo performs after getting whacked a few times. 'Cuz the Patriots will most definately get to him. I don't see the D-line for the Cowboys getting to Brady. The Pats have the best O-line in the Enneffell. Brady has had all sorts of time this year.

Countdown!
The nonsense ends today. The Cowboys are going to be manhandled in a few hours. The Pats will show everyone that the only team that can possibly beat them is Indy.

I'm actually a Giant fan. I HATE the Cowboys and respect the Pats. It's gonna be great!
Old 10-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Silver Member

Hmm... I'm watching the Dallas Pats game right now, its in the 2nd quarter and i'm pretty disappointed in Dallas, Brady already has 2 TD's in the first quarter... and its 14-3 right now... Jeff I think your prediction might be valid once this game is over, I'm really looking forward to what the Colts can bring the Pats in a few weeks' time.

Other than that, not many surprises so far in the games that have finished, nothing to really mention i dont think.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:40 AM
Silver Member

Well, Junior Seau just sealed the fate of that match. A pretty good game all around..
Old 10-15-2007, 02:14 AM
Gold Member

Heh, did you see the Panthers MURDER the cardinals in the last quarter? That was great!

Yay panthers!

Old 10-15-2007, 03:08 AM
Silver Member

Oh my, Tom Brady is a fricken monster. 5 TD's!!! WOW! He's on pace for beating Mannings single season TD record, damn. I have to say the game was a good one at the half, but I guess Brady was too much.

Oh and now we learn that the chargers are finally back. Now they're looking like the team we saw last year. LT is his old self again racking up 198 yards and 4 TD's!

And now I'm watching the Saints and Seahawks game and I'm very satisfied that the saints are winning, it hurts to see them struggle.

Oh and if anyone didnt realize i'm not really a fan of a particular NFL team, i just like watching football : ).

P.S. Mr. Pasquini, how did you do that panther thing?
Old 10-15-2007, 03:42 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Oh my, Tom Brady is a fricken monster. 5 TD's!!! WOW! He's on pace for beating Mannings single season TD record, damn. I have to say the game was a good one at the half, but I guess Brady was too much.

Oh and now we learn that the chargers are finally back. Now they're looking like the team we saw last year. LT is his old self again racking up 198 yards and 4 TD's!

And now I'm watching the Saints and Seahawks game and I'm very satisfied that the saints are winning, it hurts to see them struggle.

Oh and if anyone didnt realize i'm not really a fan of a particular NFL team, i just like watching football : ).

Use the IMG code with a random picture from the internet. There's a box that looks like a mountain at the top of the box or it's [IMG](image URL (no parenthesis))[/IMG]
Old 10-15-2007, 05:28 AM
Erik Lund

Pats are going undefeated this year. Sorry, Old Dolphin Guys...
Old 10-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Senior Consultant

Right now, Tom Brady is playing as well as anyone has ever played this position. He has no appreciable weaknesses. Great football mind, confidence and poise, great arm...

Here's Tom Brady: The Cowboys take the lead in the 2nd half and the place is going nuts. Tom marches the Pats down the field and scores a TD, shuts everyone the hell up and proceeds to rack up like 17 unanswered points. Just incredible.

We will tell people 20 years from now about how great Brady was this season.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Erik Lund

I was watching the game with 3 buddies, all Patriot-haters. One of them played football in high school and college and kept saying that Tom Brady is overrated. Said he had an average arm and the only good thing about him is his smarts.

Even after the game today - with all those great passes and the ability to score whenever they need it, he kept the same position on Brady... The haters love to hate.

If Moss had kept that TD pass I would have pooped my pants...he normally comes down with those...
Old 10-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Erik Lund

and Michael conveniently absent... It's okay Michael. Come back.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Senior Consultant

Quote:
Yeah, C'mon Mike. At least you're not a Met fan.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearDrummer View Post
I had a dream - Cowboyz 41 Patriots 3....
Just slept like a pussycat :P
Was that 41 total yards and N.E. 3 touchdowns in the first half??
Old 10-17-2007, 12:45 AM
nhzoso

Was a good game, I was worried for about 10 seconds then I saw Brady walking on the field dripping confidence and I was reassured.

I read that they are discussing possibly having a superbowl overseas in England or something??? Thats just downright sacriledge (spelling), I would be so pissed if my team made the superbowl and I had to go to frickin England to see it live?? Whats up with the NFL wanting to play games overseas? Is'nt the money here in the States enough?

They are even playing a reg. season game in london I thin this year or next?

They charge us reg. season prices for pre-season games and then take a reg. season game and play it in london?? Greed may be the downfall of the greatest league in the country.

GO PATS!
Old 10-17-2007, 03:00 AM
Silver Member

I think the reasoning behind the overseas game thing is to try to make football a unviversal game. They want Europe or England or whatever to see how cool this game is! So they can stop playing their "football" that only use the feet.

So... how bout them Giants huh? Their defense is really doing pretty dam well. And Eli didnt do THAT bad... But I guess you cant really say much against a horrible team like the falcons... lets see what they bring to the plate next week...
Old 10-17-2007, 03:03 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Well Erik...

As usual, you have spoken, again, without thinking that, maybe, I might have been outta town, since last Thursday, and haven't had a chance to respond until now.

But that's "par for the course", with you! ;-)

Anyway...

Yes, the Pats looked strong against the Cowboys. I give credit where credit is due. Congrats to them, though...

I thought that "running up the score", with less than two minutes to go and up by 2 touchdowns, was absolutely class-less! :-(

Belichick should be ashamed of himself, AGAIN, for showing total lack of sportsmanship!

Mark my words...that's gonna come back to him and the Patriots, ten fold!

Count on it.

Ugh...
Old 10-17-2007, 03:12 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Pats are going undefeated this year. Sorry, Old Dolphin Guys...
That's what I've been saying and I'm not a Pats fan. They are just playing really well. They're playing like they have something to prove, and they are definitely proving it.

Who do you think will be the first team to beat the Pats? Place your bets, folks. I'm rooting for Pats against Indy.

'72 Dolphins and '08 Patriots
Old 10-17-2007, 03:29 AM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael drums View Post

Yes, the Pats looked strong against the Cowboys. I give credit where credit is due. Congrats to them, though...

I thought that "running up the score", with less than two minutes to go and up by 2 touchdowns, was absolutely class-less! :-(

Belichick should be ashamed of himself, AGAIN, for showing total lack of sportsmanship!

Mark my words...that's gonna come back to him and the Patriots, ten fold!

Count on it.

Ugh...

LOL, yeah thats a pretty typical response when the Pats beat a team nowadays. LT cried about celebration last year, Cleveland cried about a late hit at the end of the game last week when clearly Vrabel was pushed onto him, and now this popular boo hoo hurt feeling. Hey if they dont like it then stop it. It was Eckels 1st NFL TD so why not give it to him.

It's not like they did a trick play, they gave it to him and he ran right up the middle! Please there is no room for whining in football : )
Old 10-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Erik Lund

And it was 4th down too.

I love Bill Simmons:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...tonblog/071015

So now I speak without thinking Michael? Or have I spoken once again while you were out of town since a Thursday and I was supposed to know? I mean, I've let your condescending attitude go for a while, but I don't need your little winking punctuation faces along with your insults.

I am so glad the rest of the world hates my Patriots. And I am so glad they are actually doing something about it: i.e. "Crushing Every Team" Not only because it distracts me enough from my horrendous Red Sox (seriously, how do we NOT have Elisbury starting? and can we please kidnap Gagne until 2010?) but because they're just so much fun to watch. I was jumping up and down saying "Go for it!" and there they were - going for it. Dallas can't stop a 4th string back, and I had to put up with 2 weeks of hearing how they were gonna beat the Pats? The 90's were last decade. The Pats own this decade.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:46 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
LOL, yeah thats a pretty typical response when the Pats beat a team nowadays. LT cried about celebration last year, Cleveland cried about a late hit at the end of the game last week when clearly Vrabel was pushed onto him, and now this popular boo hoo hurt feeling. Hey if they dont like it then stop it. It was Eckels 1st NFL TD so why not give it to him.

It's not like they did a trick play, they gave it to him and he ran right up the middle! Please there is no room for whining in football : )
Yea!

Nor any room for sportsmanship!
Old 10-17-2007, 01:54 PM
michael drums

Quote:
And it was 4th down too.

I love Bill Simmons:

So now I speak without thinking Michael? Or have I spoken once again while you were out of town since a Thursday and I was supposed to know? I mean, I've let your condescending attitude go for a while, but I don't need your little winking punctuation faces along with your insults.

I am so glad the rest of the world hates my Patriots. And I am so glad they are actually doing something about it: i.e. "Crushing Every Team" Not only because it distracts me enough from my horrendous Red Sox (seriously, how do we NOT have Elisbury starting? and can we please kidnap Gagne until 2010?) but because they're just so much fun to watch. I was jumping up and down saying "Go for it!" and there they were - going for it. Dallas can't stop a 4th string back, and I had to put up with 2 weeks of hearing how they were gonna beat the Pats? The 90's were last decade. The Pats own this decade.
Yea...

and apparantly you didn't catch that smiley wink right next to what I said, to indicate what I said was not to be taken too seriously.

Erik, you take what I say out of context. Then again, that's not any different than what you say to others when you mis-understand them, also.

And you just hang-on to that Patriots wagon, Pal! The same one the Red Sox are on...

Geeessshhh...
Old 10-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Erik Lund

"and apparantly you didn't catch that smiley wink right next to what I said, to indicate what I said was not to be taken too seriously."

Read this again:

"I mean, I've let your condescending attitude go for a while, but I don't need your little winking punctuation faces along with your insults."
Old 10-17-2007, 05:40 PM
michael drums

Quote:
"and apparantly you didn't catch that smiley wink right next to what I said, to indicate what I said was not to be taken too seriously."

Read this again:

"I mean, I've let your condescending attitude go for a while, but I don't need your little winking punctuation faces along with your insults."
Awwww...

You can dish it but can't take it, huh?

Condescending attitude???? :-|

Just 'cause I'm right, doesn't mean you go fishing for adjectives, Erik...

wow!

btw...try to stay on topic.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael drums View Post
I thought that "running up the score", with less than two minutes to go and up by 2 touchdowns, was absolutely class-less!
On the surface I'd agree with you that it was totally unnecessary. But one look at the situation should make you realize that they didn't have much of a choice. Here's what happened:

---Pats' Gostowski kicks the field goal with 3:59 left, putting them up 41-27
---on Dallas' next drive, Romo gets intercepted on the very first play. 3:45 left. Dallas' time of possession: 14 seconds
---Pats now have 3:45 to advance a whopping 20 yards to the end zone
---2:00 left, Pats are 1st and goal on the 9-yd line after Welker makes an 11-yd catch on third and 10
---Two plays later backup fullback Kyle Eckel scores on a 1-yard TD run
---Dallas gets the ball with 0:19 left

OVERALL: 7 PLAYS, 20 YDS, 3:26 TIME OF POSSESSION

Now short of expecting the Pats to go three-and-out on that series in the name of pity, I really don't know what other choices they had besides just working their way down the field as they did. Once again: 7 plays, 20 yards, 3:26... that's an average of less than 3 yards per play. Perhaps they could've been a bit more gracious in eating up the gameclock (realistically when would that ever happen??), but they didn't step onto that field with the intent of scoring quick with some flashy passing to Moss and rubbing it in Dallas' faces; rather they did the exact opposite and kept things as low-key as possible.

And come on, 20 yards to advance with 3:45 on the clock and a pliable Dallas defense (all those third down conversions!) -- who besides Miami or Saint Louis isn't going to make it into paydirt under those kind of circumstances? And it's not like Brady can start kneeling down with over three minutes left!

LASTLY, here's some insight into why they put Eckel in on that last TD run:
Quote:
"Bill Belichick wasn't paying back Wade Phillips or sending a message to the Cowboys when the Patriots celebrated their last touchdown with 19 seconds to go. Rookie backup fullback Kyle Eckel is a Navy product. Belichick's father, Steve, who died two years ago, was an assistant coach at Navy for 33 years. The touchdown -- Eckel's first in the NFL -- was to honor Steve Belichick, not rub the Cowboys' noses in the loss."
Source: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/...ry/269663.html

Last edited by KzSgDrummer; 10-18-2007 at 03:15 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:11 AM

As I diehard cowboys fan, I have to say that the Patriots deserved every bit if that win. The cowboys didn't bring their A game, and against a team like the pats, if you dont bring your a game, you might as well not bother getting off the bus. New England won, fair and square, no way around it. Rememer, its not teams like dallas that new england has to worry about. Its the sleeper teams that shouldnt have a chance against them. The serious underdogs that will eventually get the pats. If they go undefeated, power to them.

As football fans we have to quit whining and recognize a phenominal team when its due. The Pats have had something special this past 5 or 6 years and no one should try to take that away from them.

Even if they were caught cheating ;-)

Anyhow, the pats played really well and Dallas didn't. that's the bottom line. Hopefully they play better against the vikings next week.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:16 AM
nhzoso

Well I thought the Cowboys played a good game, they just don't have the talent yet to match up with the Pats. They did'nt have any bad turnovers or blown coverages like the Bills game they were just outmatched.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:05 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
Was that 41 total yards and N.E. 3 touchdowns in the first half??
Yeah Yeah....
So just when we started to believe we could hang we got pimped slapped in the fourth quarter....I still think we are the team to beat atleast in the NFC....

The Vikings scare me...Adrian peterson looks like the reincarnation of Eric Dickerson....I saw the replay of the Viking-Bear game last night and he was a BEAST!
He ran over, ran around and shaked n baked defenders like he was on Madden 07 playstation....

And Brady is not the best QB in the league...I'll take Peyton and Farvre ahead of him anytime...thats right I'm hatin....can't stand the Pats.....
Old 10-19-2007, 02:12 AM
da cheese walks

the real football thread??

*cough*
Old 10-19-2007, 02:37 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
the real football thread??

*cough*
Whats that supposed to mean?
Old 10-19-2007, 03:23 AM
Gold Member

Quote:

You seem like you keep up with a lot of teams, what do you think of the Panthers' performance this past week? Do you think this momentum will carry through or was it all just a fluke? I tend to think they may have just caught their groove, everything was so well streamlined, what do you think?
Old 10-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Erik Lund

Brady is easily the best QB in the Enneffell. Anyone who has seen him in the past 7 years, and watches what he's doing THIS year and *still* feels the need to dismiss it is just plain hatin'...Screw Marino, screw Montana, screw Young and everyone else...Brady is already ahead of all of them. And after 7 years he *finally* has his team in place to win it all. Manning is a putz and always has been. He's so lucky he came out last year: he had been WHOOPED every year before...If anyone remembers, here's how great the Pats and Tom Brady had been: In the year they beat the Eagles, Brady had to face Pittsburg, the best defense - the Pats put up a ton of points. Next they faced the Colts, and, against the best offense in the Enneffell, the Pats held them to 3 pts while putting up 20 (OR SO)

then they smacked the Eagles around just enough to win...they didn't need to prove anything after that post-season....

This year, they didn't even need a running game to dismantle the CowBOYs. They are still the hated team of the Enneffell, so whatever but:

Old 10-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
You seem like you keep up with a lot of teams, what do you think of the Panthers' performance this past week? Do you think this momentum will carry through or was it all just a fluke? I tend to think they may have just caught their groove, everything was so well streamlined, what do you think?
Heh, well with a 44 year old quarterback carrying your team, you cant really expect much. I was really surprised testaverde won that game... I mean i kind of think it was a fluke since he only had like 4 days to get comfortable with the offense. And with the Colts coming up in two weeks things dont look that good... Do you know if testaverde is going to start again or is the other quarterback going to be healthy?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:55 AM
Erik Lund

Just another day at the office.

Randy Moss is ridiculous. Anyone else see that one handed catch? (or course you did)
Old 10-22-2007, 03:41 AM
Senior Consultant

Quote:
Just another day at the office.

Randy Moss is ridiculous. Anyone else see that one handed catch? (or course you did)
This team is terrifying. Where are their weak spots?

I have a feeling that they are going to whip the Colts in a couple of weeks. We'll see...
Old 10-22-2007, 12:56 PM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Almeyda View Post
This team is terrifying. Where are their weak spots?

I have a feeling that they are going to whip the Colts in a couple of weeks. We'll see...
Well the defense is not quite where they want to be yet. They are giving up alot of big runs, maybe being up 42-7 in the 2nd qtr will do that but I know with Seymour coming back hopefully next week they will start to buckle down on def.

Colts have a tough game tonight, should be fun...And Hey......HOW ABOUT THEM RED SOX? YEsssssssssssss
Old 10-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Erik Lund

All is right with my sports teams. Won a bunch of money on my Red Sox, and the Patriots look invincible. I expect them to totally whup the Colts, and after that, for the rest of the world to realize no team can handle them.

The defense is still very good - in the top 10 in most categories, and I'm pretty sure it's because they haven't needed to step it up. In the past they had to just to stay in the game, but this year it's almost an afterthought.

The Patriots' D is a bunch of proud guys, and they haven't needed a big stop really - but I am confident that they can still come up with it. The Humble Pie is probably mostly defense these days...
Old 10-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Silver Member

Umm i have to say the 21 offensive points given up to a really bad team isnt that good for the Patriots. But it really doesnt matter since the offense can put up like 40+ points with ease...
Old 10-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
The real football thread??

*cough* ?

Quote:
Whats that supposed to mean?
Probably a silly Rugby fan who doesn't think you need pads to play.....