DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 03-18-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Budgie

so, how about that crazy left leg and tribal tom approach?
Budgie, of Siouxsie and the Banshees.
Or, the Creatures- that's some tasty percussion-driven material.
A real standout in his genre~
anyone else a fan?

budgie article:
http://www.vamp.org/Siouxsie/Text/drummer.html
Old 03-18-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Budgie

My first drum hero...such original patterns like 'Happy House', 'Melt', 'Lands End' - you could go on and on. Great work in the Creatures, too.

A hugely underrated drummer!
Old 03-18-2007, 05:41 PM

I'm hoping he'll be on the new Siouxsie album in production, but I haven't heard confirmation yet- it's being billed more like a solo album for her.

I want more Budgie! The Dreamshow DVD was pretty incredible, from a percussion perspective
Old 05-18-2007, 06:37 AM
fixmejesus

Budgie is THE MOST UNDERATED drummer out there. The patterns he plays and invents are incredible. Happy House, Cities in Dust, Cristine......

His Drums always sound good too. I think he uses Pork Pies now days.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:32 AM

The Humming Wires....It's the Latest News...

Ode to Budgie - we all miss him. He recently divorced from Siouxsie, however word has it this Banshee/Creatures heartbeat is keeping busy in Berlin. In fact, the latest news is that he did some recording with Toby Dammit (Jessie Evans) for the first time.

There is no credit to Budgie on the new Siouxsie solo album 'Mantaray' - there were songs that were in the works, prior to the Creatures release of 'Hai' though I don't think we'll be able to hear them anytime soon. 2004 saw him tour with Leonard Eto (Kodo) in the US as "An Evening with Siouxsie" and the end of that year climaxed into the UK 'Dreamshow' tour.

Budgie is the most underated drummer in the world! If you can get your hands on these, I recommend these as an ode to him...

1) Hai! (NAMA) - This is the raw recordings of 'Hai!' as they were being conceived between Budgie and Leonard Eto (Kodo) during that one magical night in the outskirts of Tokyo...(2003)

2) 'Sunless' b-side to 'The Last Beat of My Heart' (Siouxsie and ther Banshhes) - The Creatures moment within the Banshees...(1988)

3) 'I Promise' b-side to 'Dazzle' (Siouxsie and the Banshees) - His soft poms and crashes gives the song it's fatal heartbeat...(1984)

4) 'Sky Train' and 'A Strutting Rooster' - From The Creatures album entitled 'Feast' - These songs really illuminates the versatile drummer and percussionist that he is and reflective of the holiday that he and Siouxsie took to record the 'Feast' album...(1983)

5) 'Follow the Sun' - another fantastic b-side of 'Spellbound' sounding like a Creature being born (SATB)...(1981)

6) 'Umbrella' - a great b-side that Budgie created with the aid of guitarist - John Valentine Carruthers and a fine Siouxsie poem (SATB).... (1985)

7) 'Shooting Sun' - This is a signature Budgie reverb and my favorite Banshee b-side to 'This Wheel's On Fire'...(1987)

Enjoy and I am sure we will see him emerge soon! Fingers crossed...