DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 09-23-2007, 11:49 PM
Administrator

Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Be careful all. Tampa Bay is just getting warmed up. Two in a row and the defense is new and hungry.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:38 AM
Silver Member

Oh my! Patriots are too good! Brady cannot be stopped, and he will not be. No doubt the pats are winning the superbowl and going undefeated for the whole season. They should just spare the embarrassment of all the teams and save a couple months of playing and just hand them the ring right now. Just ridiculous.

And I am shell shocked about how the Packers beat the Chargers. Brett Favre played really well, tying marino for all time touchdown passes, in the same amount of games too, 240.

And I'm watching the Giants game, and the turnovers are killing them. Very very much. 2 ints with eli and i think they're just about to get a fumble in the red zone when they're down 7 in the fourth quarter. Not clutch.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:29 AM
Erik Lund

"And I am shell shocked about how the Packers beat the Chargers."

More shocking is the Norv-run offense that has kept LT at about 40 yards a game. All the fantasy guys must be going nuts...
Old 09-24-2007, 04:54 PM

How about them cowboys?!?!?!?!?! And they've done it without terry glenn, without greg ellis, without Jason Ferguson, and without a healthy terrence newman.....AND they beat the BEARS at HOME by 24 POINTS!!! God it's great to be a cowboys fan right now..but we're over do..its been over a decade since we have done anything notable....
Old 09-25-2007, 12:13 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
75 posts and no mention of the best team in the NFC??? The Bears repeat as NFC champs with little problem. There's no defense even close in the NFC. And I'm guessing Rex will be replaced by week 4, so that solves that problem. I look for them to whip the 'boys in Soldier Field Sunday night.
Uhhh....

WHAT????

NOT!!!!

The Bears are TERRIBLE!!

Apparantly there's something in the water in Crystal Lake, Buddy!!

'Cause you are hallucinating!! :-(

WOW...they are looking HORRIBLE!!
Old 09-25-2007, 12:15 AM
michael drums

Default Re: Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Lund View Post
"Guess when the dynasty is crumbling, ya gotta stoop to cheatin'"

Yeah, we looked real crumbled out there today... You wanna take back any of those silly rants, Michael? You probably don't, but I'll just assume you do, since you have to.

I thought the Chargers were supposed to be our competition this year? All the haters saying Randy wouldn't keep it up...ESPN had a vote and the majority of people said 8-10 TD's this year. He's already got 3...And 100+ yards again today.

Brady - 25-31 today. 3 TD's and a bunch more yards. His QB rating is off the charts. All the haters?...Whatever.

LT didn't even reach 50 yards today. He can *totally* shut his mouth now, thank you very much.

This is the best the AFC is gonna throw at the mighty Patriots?! Just give out the rings tomorrow and get it over with.
NEVER!!!

Stickin' with the Colts, Erik!! ;-)

Get those tissues ready, PAL!!
Old 09-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Guinness

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt986 View Post
How about them cowboys?!?!?!?!?! And they've done it without terry glenn, without greg ellis, without Jason Ferguson, and without a healthy terrence newman.....AND they beat the BEARS at HOME by 24 POINTS!!! God it's great to be a cowboys fan right now..but we're over do..its been over a decade since we have done anything notable....
Amen! It is good to be a Cowboys fan...especially today! Romo just got through exploiting the best defense in the league and we get the Rams next Sunday. Life is good...at least for another few weeks, then the Pats come to town and the real test begins. I think Jennifer Engle from the Star Telegram said it best today when she drew the analogy of the Cowboys being "the tallest midget" right now in football. The NFC is a much softer conference, but you got to admit this cowboys team has a punchers chance in any game the way they are playing right now.

How bout' them Cowboys?!
Old 09-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Silver Member

I'm gonna curb my enthusiasim with Tha Boyz unitl the big showdown with the mighty Patriots....who by the way I'm hearing talk of an undefeated season....

Moss vs Newman....
Romo vs the Pats linebackers pressure.....
TO goin across the middle with Rodney Harrison patrolling the field....

Ooooo football is sweet this year!
Old 09-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
And I'm guessing Rex will be replaced by week 4,
In the respect Bonzo was dead on, the Bears announced they're replacing him this week with some other guy, so michael drums we wasnt THAT off.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:03 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGroceryman View Post
In the respect Bonzo was dead on, the Bears announced they're replacing him this week with some other guy, so michael drums we wasnt THAT off.
Uhhh...

Apparantly you missed last Sunday nights game, Grocery!! Here, let me remind you...

Cowboys - 34

Bears - 10

I'd say you were way off! ;-)

...Play On!

Oh, btw...ask Bonzo what his prediction is NOW?! Dohhh.... :-)

Last edited by michael drums; 09-29-2007 at 02:37 AM.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Silver Member

Oh woops, i just realized I was ridiculously unclear in my post. I wasnt referencing Bonzo's prediction that the Bears are going to repeat as NFC champs, I was talking about his predicion that Grossman would get replaced by week 4, and he did... so sorry for being so unclear.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:46 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Oh woops, i just realized I was ridiculously unclear in my post. I wasnt referencing Bonzo's prediction that the Bears are going to repeat as NFC champs, I was talking about his predicion that Grossman would get replaced by week 4, and he did... so sorry for being so unclear.
Oh...OK.

No problem, Groceryman!

Then it WAS a very good prediction...

Play On! ;-)
Old 10-01-2007, 03:22 PM
nhzoso

Griese, Grossman, ehhh not much improvement. Perhaps the Bears should have been more aggressive in the off-season, Schaub, Garcia, hell even Culpepper would have been an improvement over those 2. I don't understand how you can get to the SB, with those QB's and think they you are going to be lucky and do it again. GM should be canned.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Erik Lund

Maybe Flutie Flakes can help the Bears...

This week has been so great!

We learn that the Chargers are actually awful and will probably fight for .500.
We learn that the Bears are actually awful and could try 12 QB's before this is over...
We learn that the Steelers actually aren't so iron clad
We learn that Favre is actually still pretty good. (Looking like ol' Tom Brady: same talent at WR TB used to have and still winning games!)

And tonight we will learn that the Bengals' weren't a threat to the Patriots. (although it's probably pretty well understood)

I want to predict a score, but with Cleveland putting up 51 against the Bengals with a 2nd string QB... 45-24 but I'll be way off I'm sure.

Go Pats!
Old 10-02-2007, 01:05 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Maybe Flutie Flakes can help the Bears...

This week has been so great!

We learn that the Chargers are actually awful and will probably fight for .500.
We learn that the Bears are actually awful and could try 12 QB's before this is over...
We learn that the Steelers actually aren't so iron clad
We learn that Favre is actually still pretty good. (Looking like ol' Tom Brady: same talent at WR TB used to have and still winning games!)

And tonight we will learn that the Bengals' weren't a threat to the Patriots. (although it's probably pretty well understood)

I want to predict a score, but with Cleveland putting up 51 against the Bengals with a 2nd string QB... 45-24 but I'll be way off I'm sure.

Go Pats!

And...OF COURSE you didn't mention the Colts and the Cowboys. No surprise!

Uhhh...they're BOTH undefeated, Erik! Hello!

That Peyton guy is pretty good.

That Tony guy is " " "

Look for a Bengals upset tonight. ;-)

Play On!

Last edited by michael drums; 10-02-2007 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:04 AM
Erik Lund

I didn't mention them because there was nothing great (for me) to mention about them. They both won. Cowboys had it easy with St. Louis, and while I'm always glad to see the Broncos lose, I wouldn't have minded either way.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:21 AM
michael drums

Quote:
I didn't mention them because there was nothing great (for me) to mention about them. They both won. Cowboys had it easy with St. Louis, and while I'm always glad to see the Broncos lose, I wouldn't have minded either way.
Uhhhh...

Erik...you like who you like.

And it's obvious it's NOT Indy or Dallas.

Nothing great????

So what your saying is the Pats haven't had it easy??

Are you serious??
Old 10-02-2007, 10:59 PM
michael drums

Well...

I'll have to give the Pats credit for last nights' game. Yes, I thought the Bengals could have upset them, especially at home, but it wasn't to be.

The Patriots "D" played a REALLY good game. The Bengals "D", on the other hand, was pretty lame. But that's not unusual for them, so far, this year. Just take a look at their defensive stats, and it reads like a horror story! Ughh...

I believe they're in last place, or near last place in, at least, 4 categories! So I'm not gonna give ALL the credit to the Patriots, but I was impressed with them, last night.

But let's see how they do against some formidable opponents, such as Indy, Dallas, or even Green Bay, though I don't think they play G.B. this year.

I'll give 'em their due, but they REALLY haven't played any competitive teams so far...

Play On! ;-)

Last edited by michael drums; 10-03-2007 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:58 AM
nhzoso

Problem is teams are considered competitive till after they get beat down by the Pats.

As a rabid Pats fan I must honestly say that I am more worried about Playing Cleveland this weekend then I am about Dallas. I know the Pats will be up for that game but they may rest on their laurels (spelling) against the Browns.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:27 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
Problem is teams are considered competitive till after they get beat down by the Pats.

As a rabid Pats fan I must honestly say that I am more worried about Playing Cleveland this weekend then I am about Dallas. I know the Pats will be up for that game but they may rest on their laurels (spelling) against the Browns.
I wouldn't worry too much, nhzoso.

As much as I like Derek Anderson, who I wish had never been kicked outta Baltimore(for Kyle Boller, no less), I don't think the Browns' offense can establish any momentum and/or cohesion against the Pats defense.

Not to mention the Browns' suspect defense against the Pats' impressive offense...

Play On! ;-)
Old 10-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
Exactly.. I'm hearing more and more, "well NE has only played mediocre teams so far," which is true of two of the four they've played (obviously the Jets and Bills) while the other two were supposedly serious contenders. Obviously they've proved to be otherwise, but that doesn't mean the Pats have gone into every game thus far expecting some 21 point or more blowout.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:20 AM
Silver Member

Hmmm.... what game to comment on first, hmm.

I think i'll talk about the jets, giants game. I was really surprised that the giants won, their defense really surprised me. Jets had absolutely no running game at all, and they shut down pennington second half pretty well. So props to the giants D! But, i have to say eli really hasnt improved that much, a pretty mediocre performance from him in my opinion.

Other notable performances, umm, Tom Brady of course another amazing performance. If he keeps up this pace, he'll beat Peyton for the single season touchdown record at 49 TD's, which is kinda ridiculous because thats averaging more than 3 TD's a game...

CHARGERS! Yea! Finally, they look like that dominating team they were last year! They win 41-3 against the Broncos! Yes! I hope they can keep it up, i hate to see such a talented team struggle.

Thats about all i can remember at the moment, im pretty tired. RIght now I'm watching the Packers dominate the Bears, ah man Brett Favre is a beast.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:28 PM
michael drums

Yea...

And the Colts look pretty good too, Groceryman!

You seemed to be "too tired" to remember them winning big yesterday, against the Bucs. ;-)

And YES! The Chargers broke outta their slump in a HUGE way, using the Broncos like a punching bag! I wonder what the Norv Turner bashers have to say, now?

How 'bout them Packers? Oops! How'd that happen? My guess is the lack-luster 1st half they had, and all the turnovers throughout the game! Yea, they were up 17-7 at halftime. But they REALLY didn't look like an undefeated team with their offense. Seemed a little confused with what they were tryin' to do offensively. And I think it carried over to the second half...scoring ONLY 3 POINTS! Ughh...

Anyway, enjoy tonights' game ---> Cowboys @ The Bills...

might be a better game than you think! ;-)

Last edited by michael drums; 10-08-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Erik Lund

"How 'bout them Packers? Oops! How'd that happen? My guess is the lack-luster 1st half they had, and all the turnovers throught the game! Yea, they were up 17-7 at halftime. But they REALLY didn't look like an undefeated team with their offense. Seemed a little confused with what they were tryin' to do offensively. And I think it carried over to the second half...scoring ONLY 3 POINTS! Ughh... "

Not sure how you could call is lack-luster...Favre had almost 300 yards at half-time...

Tony Romo better have a good game tonight. Because next week he's going to experience first-hand what Peyton had to go through for years + Randy Moss/Donte Stallworth/Wes Welker ie a crushing blow to the ego.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:10 PM
michael drums

Quote:
"How 'bout them Packers? Oops! How'd that happen? My guess is the lack-luster 1st half they had, and all the turnovers throught the game! Yea, they were up 17-7 at halftime. But they REALLY didn't look like an undefeated team with their offense. Seemed a little confused with what they were tryin' to do offensively. And I think it carried over to the second half...scoring ONLY 3 POINTS! Ughh... "

Not sure how you could call is lack-luster...Favre had almost 300 yards at half-time...

Tony Romo better have a good game tonight. Because next week he's going to experience first-hand what Peyton had to go through for years + Randy Moss/Donte Stallworth/Wes Welker ie a crushing blow to the ego.
Yea...

300 yds, and NOT enough P O I N T S!! The score matters, Erik. Not the passing yds. As proved, most definitely, by the G.B. Packers last night.

If your not scoring points, what does the yds. passing give ya??

Uhhh...a defeat of 27-20 at the end of 60 minutes of football. That's what! ;-)

And I wouldn't count your chickens yet, Erik! The Pats could actually fall to the Cowboys. It's gonna be their toughest test yet, this year. So be careful you don't get over confident with the Pats. You know what happened last year...

Go Boys... :-)
Old 10-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Silver Member

Regarding the Pats and Cowboys game, does anyone have any stats on the Cowboys defense? Cause it wont matter how good Romo plays because if its gonna be a shootout then Brady will definately win. But I really dont think the Cowboys can win, I mean the Pats dominate on both sides of the ball, Brady has like a perfect QB rating with a huge arsenel of WR's and their defense can stop the run really well.

And I guess I spoke too soon Michael, Greenbay suffered a disappointing loss :(. I guess i should've predicted they would lose after all those turnovers that I witnessed in the first half.

EDIT: COOL! i made a smiley face! :)

EDIT #2: Or a frowny face i guess you would call it.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:10 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Regarding the Pats and Cowboys game, does anyone have any stats on the Cowboys defense? Cause it wont matter how good Romo plays because if its gonna be a shootout then Brady will definately win. But I really dont think the Cowboys can win, I mean the Pats dominate on both sides of the ball, Brady has like a perfect QB rating with a huge arsenel of WR's and their defense can stop the run really well.

And I guess I spoke too soon Michael, Greenbay suffered a disappointing loss :(. I guess i should've predicted they would lose after all those turnovers that I witnessed in the first half.

EDIT: COOL! i made a smiley face! :)

EDIT #2: Or a frowny face i guess you would call it.
Whatever, Dude...

Geessshhh. What are you...2?

So I guess I CAN toot my own horn about my prediction that the Bills/Cowboys game might be better than you think.

You're Welcome...

SMHIUD
Old 10-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Erik Lund

The Packers didn't score because of a few turnovers NOT by Favre (for a change) - that doesn't mean he didn't look great in the first half. I'm just saying "lack-luster" is the wrong choice of words...

Now the 2nd half was another story. That could be called any number of negative things...But the game is about adjustments, and GB didn't adjust.

Not that I care (again). Just commenting on what I saw.

And no - I'm 100% confident in the Pats against the Cowpokes...Cowboys needed a miracle to beat the Bills... Forgive me for not being too cautious with my optimism. Romo looked absolutely horrible and I don't think facing the best team (and possibly one of the best of all time when things are said and done this year) on 5-days-rest is gonna be the recipe to "bounce back".

Only reason Tom and the Pats lost to the Colts last year is 'cause Tom was single and unsure if he was gonna take a supermodel home each night... Now that's he's got a permanent one, there are no worries in Patsland.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Senior Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael drums View Post
Yea...

300 yds, and NOT enough P O I N T S!! The score matters, Erik. Not the passing yds. As proved, most definitely, by the G.B. Packers last night.

If your not scoring points, what does the yds. passing give ya??

Uhhh...a defeat of 27-20 at the end of 60 minutes of football. That's what! ;-)

And I wouldn't count your chickens yet, Erik! The Pats could actually fall to the Cowboys. It's gonna be their toughest test yet, this year. So be careful you don't get over confident with the Pats. You know what happened last year...

Go Boys... :-)
I hate the Pats but I hate the Cowboys more. We need both The Pats and the Colts to be undefeated before their epic match-up because it's becoming obvious that these two teams are heads and shoulders above the rest of the league.

It will be the best game of the year, can't wait the few weeks!
Old 10-09-2007, 05:08 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Almeyda View Post
I hate the Pats but I hate the Cowboys more. We need both The Pats and the Colts to be undefeated before their epic match-up because it's becoming obvious that these two teams are heads and shoulders above the rest of the league.

It will be the best game of the year, can't wait the few weeks!
I can't disagree with you here, Jeff.

Though, I still believe the Cowboys (at home) are gonna give the Pats a run for their $$.

But if Dallas is gonna win, they better play a different game then they did last night, against the Bills. Ughh...

Romo did NOT look good until the last few minutes of the game. 5 picks and a fumble? Are you kidding me? :-(

However, he was resilient in the second half and on the last drive to get them within field-goal range(BARELY)

And a fantastic kick by the rookie, Nick Folk...Twice! To clinch the victory. Wow!

But will it be enough momentum, to beat the Pats in Texas Stadium?

We shall see in 5 days...

Play On! ;-)

Last edited by michael drums; 10-09-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:28 PM

So what's up with this last second timeout thing on FG's?

I've followed the NFL for at least 30 years and I've never seen that tactic used, now it's happened 3 times this year. First time - it was like, OK, Shanahan's a crafty guy, 2nd time, you gotta give the Chargers credit for learning the lesson from getting beat the week before, now the 3rd time - it's starting to get old... don't you think?

Maybe it'll stop when teams start getting burned by it - if the kicker misses the 1st attempt and then nails the 2nd one - then it'll be more like, 'thanks for the mulligan'.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:35 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnw60 View Post
So what's up with this last second timeout thing on FG's?

I've followed the NFL for at least 30 years and I've never seen that tactic used, now it's happened 3 times this year. First time - it was like, OK, Shanahan's a crafty guy, 2nd time, you gotta give the Chargers credit for learning the lesson from getting beat the week before, now the 3rd time - it's starting to get old... don't you think?

Maybe it'll stop when teams start getting burned by it - if the kicker misses the 1st attempt and then nails the 2nd one - then it'll be more like, 'thanks for the mulligan'.
Yes, cnw60!

That's exactly what Mike Greenberg said this morning on Mike & Mike. What if the kicker "misses" the 1st attempted field-goal after that "slick" time-out?

Good call there, cnw60.

And that's why I think the rule should be changed ASAP...

Peace...
Old 10-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Erik Lund

"Though, I still believe the Cowboys (at home) are gonna give the Pats a run for their $$."

Yeah, well you were spot-on about the Pats-Bengals...
Old 10-09-2007, 06:31 PM
michael drums

Yea Erik...

I get it right, sometimes. ;-)

And I'll be honest with you. It wouldn't hurt me much (actually...at all) to see the Pats fall to the Cowboys.

Ya see...I'm actually a Cowboys fan! And have been for 30+ years...

Ooops, you got it outta me! :-(

How'd that happen?

Ok, guys...don't beat me up TOO much, ok?

Gulp...
Old 10-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Erik Lund

We all have our mistakes, Michael.

I just dragged a song into the wrong playlist...see? We're all human.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:12 AM
michael drums

Quote:
We all have our mistakes, Michael.

I just dragged a song into the wrong playlist...see? We're all human.
Yep, Erik.

You're the example... ;-)

Hee...hee...

Enjoy the Pats & Cowboys!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:26 AM

The cowboys actually looked good against the Bills in my opinion. Here's why.

The Bills offense only scored three points. That fewer than any other game so far this year for the cowboys.
(two touchdowns were interception returns by the bills defense and the other was a kickoff return.)

The offensive line looked pretty good all things considered.

The kicker was AWESOME. This kid is a diamond in the rough.

Most importantly, have any of you ever see a QB throw five interceptions and fumble the ball once and THEN lead his team downfield twice in the 4th quater to win the game?

Furthermore, how about the fact that he led them to 9 points in 20 seconds?

I cant think of another quaterback in the leage that could come back from 6 turnovers and STILL win the game. That takes a hell of a quaterback. I know you guys will say Brady could do it, but I guess we'll never know since Brady has never been in that kind of a position before.

The dallas new england game should be the best of the season, and possibly a Super Bowl preview. It should be a great game and I hope both teams leave with healthy rosters.

Last edited by matt986; 10-10-2007 at 01:27 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 10-10-2007, 06:04 AM
michael drums

Well matt...

Brady and Manning coulda' done it WITHOUT having 5 interceptions AND a fumble! That's the difference.

But don't get me wrong, matt. I really like Romo! It's just the fact that he's gonna have to get "knocked down" a bit, before he can "rise up" to be the QB everybody says he can be.

It's still the Manning/Brady show now. But Romo will get to the top, in due time. Barring any injury, of course!

And as far as the Cowboys/Pats game, this Sunday, being a SB preview...NAH. That's countin' your chickens...

though it "should" be a good game.

Play On! ;-)
Old 10-11-2007, 01:23 AM
Silver Member

If the Cowboys arnt getting to the superbowl then who is... The NFC is a pretty junky conference, the boys are clearly the best team in the conference. I mean the Bears, Lions, and Packers are pretty good but with the lions getting crushed by the skins, the Bears looking pretty unpredictable with quarterback issues, and Favre probably not going to be able to put up good numbers throughout the whole season singlehandedly, the Cowboys seem the most stable. But it wont matter who gets in the superbowl in the NFC because we all know this league is AFC-dominant. :P
Old 10-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Silver Member

I had a dream - Cowboyz 41 Patriots 3....
Just slept like a pussycat :P