DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 09-10-2007, 07:50 AM
nhzoso

Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Yeah some pretty good games today, and a few stinkers...I feel for the Cleveland fans.. Oh and for those who have questions about why they wear pads...try reading the following story..
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3012007

I pray this guy is able to walk again..I hate to see this happen.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Guinness

How bout' them Cowboys? Tony Romo for president! Going to the show this year...that's my bravado.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Senior Consultant

Default Re: The O line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Lund View Post
The Pats have had a great O line every year since that first Super Bowl win. They had some injuries two years ago that made them a little less effective - but man - Those guys don't just protect - they push the D line around!

Randy looked pretty damned great didn't he? 51 yd TD, consecutive catches of 22 and then 33 yards... Bring on the Chokers. I mean, uh, the Chargers!

Norv is gonna take these guys to the Super Bowl?...
I'm not a Patriots fan but, man, did they look awesome yesterday. They made some great off-season moves and Tom is the best QB in the league.

When Randy Moss is on, he is unstoppable. I mean, even if the corner has him covered step-for-step he can still outjump pretty much anyone alive. The Jets secondary was hopelessly overmatched.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Erik Lund

Tom to Randy - 9/9 - only 1 for less than 10 yards. His QB rating was something like 144... I am not ridiculous, and don't expect that many yards every game for Moss, but hey, why not? : )

Green looked great on defense too. He had 2 or 3 sacks.

I am really excited about playing San Diego next week. Gonna be a great game.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Gold Member

I'm just hoping Delhomme can step up his performance this year. I don't ask for the Super-bowl but I'd love it. That last game turned out alright but I didn't get to see it. If anyone saw the Panthers game, how was Delhomme's game; any less ridiculous than last year?
Old 09-10-2007, 07:57 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Almeyda View Post
I'm not a Patriots fan but, man, did they look awesome yesterday. They made some great off-season moves and Tom is the best QB in the league.

When Randy Moss is on, he is unstoppable. I mean, even if the corner has him covered step-for-step he can still outjump pretty much anyone alive. The Jets secondary was hopelessly overmatched.
Hey Jeff!! ;-)

As much as I respect your views on "drumming", you may wanna "re-think" that comment about Brady being the best QB in the league! Though, he WAS the best a few years ago! NO DOUBT!! But there's a guy named Peyton Manning that you may have forgotten about!

Jeff...one game against THE JETS, is far from making too much of the Pats and Brady!! You may wanna check the roster of the New York Jets and their stats from last year. That would put it in a little more perspective about the Pats vs. the Jets!

At least the Saints went to NFC Championship game last year and had a "decent" team! And the Colts were REALLY dominating against them Thursday!

The Indianapolis Colts ARE the defending champions and Peyton Manning is the best QB in the league...proven last year in the AFC Championship game!!

...Play On! ;-)

Oh...and I'm not even a Colts fan!
Old 09-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
How bout' them Cowboys? Tony Romo for president! Going to the show this year...that's my bravado.
As happy as I am that We won there are some serious red flags.....
- Romo can't play that way every game
- The secondary is awful with or without Newman
- Fergie is out for the year which affects our run defense
- Terry Glenn is our only true deep threat and he could be out for the year....

I'm gonna be cautious and see how the next few games play out before crowning them a super contender....
Old 09-11-2007, 12:03 AM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael drums View Post
Hey Jeff!! ;-)

As much as I respect your views on "drumming", you may wanna "re-think" that comment about Brady being the best QB in the league! Though, he WAS the best a few years ago! NO DOUBT!! But there's a guy named Peyton Manning that you may have forgotten about!

Jeff...one game against THE JETS, is far from making too much of the Pats and Brady!! You may wanna check the roster of the New York Jets and their stats from last year. That would put it in a little more perspective about the Pats vs. the Jets!

At least the Saints went to NFC Championship game last year and had a "decent" team! And the Colts were REALLY dominating against them Thursday!

The Indianapolis Colts ARE the defending champions and Peyton Manning is the best QB in the league...proven last year in the AFC Championship game!!

...Play On! ;-)

How many rings does peyton have??? Probably atleast 2 less than he should with the talent he has had around him in the past and present. Brady has won 3 with players like Givens, Patton, T. brown, all of whom's stats don't add up to even one of Mannings Wr's..Manning was a 1st overall pick and Brady a 6th rd pick hmmmmm wonder who is above and beyond expectations?

I agree Manning is a great great QB but I don't agree he is better than Brady. This could be argued for years and years and probably will with both sides having good points.

For my Money I will take Brady 10 out of 10 times..Especially after he gets his 4th ring this year., Oh and I am a Pats fan : )
Old 09-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Guinness

No doubt. Although, Newman should be back in the starting lineup within a few weeks. Rumor has it Greg Ellis is not to far after that. The nose guard position definitely has me a bit worried. In a 3-4 defense that is one of the most important positions and Ratcliff doesn't quite have the bulk to fill in on Ferguson's roll in that scheme. Wade Phillips is definitely going to have his work cut out for him trying to make an adjustment to that defense to accomodate all of those key injuries.

On another note..the offense looked great. I believe Romo is the real deal. He's going to have to carry this team for a while until they can get the D firing again, but if they can't get it going they can pretty much forget about advancing in the playoffs. If they played a team like New England or the Colts yesterday it would have been a completely different story.

Oh, and somebody needs to light a fire under Roy William's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearDrummer View Post
As happy as I am that We won there are some serious red flags.....
- Romo can't play that way every game
- The secondary is awful with or without Newman
- Fergie is out for the year which affects our run defense
- Terry Glenn is our only true deep threat and he could be out for the year....

I'm gonna be cautious and see how the next few games play out before crowning them a super contender....
Old 09-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
No doubt. Although, Newman should be back in the starting lineup within a few weeks. Rumor has it Greg Ellis is not to far after that. The nose guard position definitely has me a bit worried. In a 3-4 defense that is one of the most important positions and Ratcliff doesn't quite have the bulk to fill in on Ferguson's roll in that scheme. Wade Phillips is definitely going to have his work cut out for him trying to make an adjustment to that defense to accomodate all of those key injuries.

On another note..the offense looked great. I believe Romo is the real deal. He's going to have to carry this team for a while until they can get the D firing again, but if they can't get it going they can pretty much forget about advancing in the playoffs. If they played a team like New England or the Colts yesterday it would have been a completely different story.

Oh, and somebody needs to light a fire under Roy William's...
Co-sign....
We're gonna have to outscore opponents cause whether its Parcells vanilla 3-4 or Philips attacking 3-4 the secondary still has to cover and I don't think they can....

As for Williams it time to realize what he is - a hard hittin safety who gets attention cause everyone sees him on "Jacked-up" highlights on ESPN but he couldn't cover his mama if his life depended on it...

Romo plays out of this world and having Ware n Ellis (or Spencer) create havoc on QBs is pretty much the recipe for us to win this year.....
Old 09-11-2007, 04:02 AM
Senior Consultant

Quote:
Hey Jeff!! ;-)

...Play On! ;-)

Well, next week will tell us alot as the Chargers are going to New England next week. The Chargers are one of the top 3 teams in the NFL.

As far as Brady VS Manning, right now, Brady holds 3 rings and Peyton has 1. If I had to win one BIG game, I'd pick Tom. If I wanted to break the single season record for passing, I'd pick Peyton.

Brady is like Montana, Manning is like Marino (but with a ring). They're both going to the Hall but there's little doubt that Brady will retire with more rings than Manning.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:13 AM
Jusstickinaround

Quote:
Cowboys? How about them Texans? Yee Ha......I think they finally have a team that can win.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearDrummer View Post
Co-sign....
As for Williams it time to realize what he is - a hard hittin safety who gets attention cause everyone sees him on "Jacked-up" highlights on ESPN but he couldn't cover his mama if his life depended on it...
I agree with you on what Roy Williams is. I think he already knows that though. His entire career has been spent around the line of scrimmage, making plays in the running game and popping recievers across the middle. The Cowboys have always had him do that, and it worked well for him. Now, since the rest of the secondary is so awful, he's having to try and step out of his comfort zone and be the cover guy, and it's not working so well.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:45 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
How many rings does peyton have??? Probably atleast 2 less than he should with the talent he has had around him in the past and present. Brady has won 3 with players like Givens, Patton, T. brown, all of whom's stats don't add up to even one of Mannings Wr's..Manning was a 1st overall pick and Brady a 6th rd pick hmmmmm wonder who is above and beyond expectations?

I agree Manning is a great great QB but I don't agree he is better than Brady. This could be argued for years and years and probably will with both sides having good points.

For my Money I will take Brady 10 out of 10 times..Especially after he gets his 4th ring this year., Oh and I am a Pats fan : )
Niiiiice...

Spoken by a TRUE Pats fan... ;-)

Hee...hee...

Play On!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:58 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Almeyda View Post
Well, next week will tell us alot as the Chargers are going to New England next week. The Chargers are one of the top 3 teams in the NFL.

As far as Brady VS Manning, right now, Brady holds 3 rings and Peyton has 1. If I had to win one BIG game, I'd pick Tom. If I wanted to break the single season record for passing, I'd pick Peyton.

Brady is like Montana, Manning is like Marino (but with a ring). They're both going to the Hall but there's little doubt that Brady will retire with more rings than Manning.
Well...

Jeff! Barring any injury...history will be against your position on Peyton Manning! He will, AT LEAST, win as many rings as Tom Brady. Probably more!

Umm...you seem to forget about the quality of the Miami teams, or lack thereof, that Marino played on. Yes, he had GREAT receivers during his career...but THAT'S IT!! Great for stats, but NOT for championships!

How can you even compare Manning & Marino? That's ridiculous, my friend! Marino threw for TONS of yardage. Manning is an Offensive General. If anything, Manning is much like Montana! As you will see by the end of his career, and all his rings.

Let's face it, Brady WAS great! And still is a VERY capable QB! But he has passed the torch to Peyton Manning, who WILL eclipse the Brady legacy...

...Play On! ;-)

P.S. Good Luck to ALL...and have fun!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Erik Lund

Tom Brady had absolutely no one to throw to last year - and if his receivers didn't drop those two passes and if SOMEBODY (...not gonna say his name) ran the correct route, the Patriots win last year's game and win another ring (like the NFC is gonna do anything) Payton *did* make an impressive effort and got the win, but it was the receivers on the Pats who lost that game.

Guess Michael didn't read this earlier:

"People don't seem to remember or realize he threw at one point - 13 TD's to 13 DIFFERENT PEOPLE!"

That would be "Tom" and that would be an "NFL record". Must be nice for Payton having Marvin Harrison all these years to throw to. Oh wait - the Pats just picked up a Moss with something to prove...hhmmm... And a bunch of other top-tier WRs....hhmmm...

I'm with Nhzoso - I'll take Tom 10 out of 10 times, and I don't look back. Until that loss, I don't think Brady had lost in a dome. He can flat out play anywhere and if it goes to NE in the winter...well, good luck Domies.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:22 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Lund View Post
Tom Brady had absolutely no one to throw to last year - and if his receivers didn't drop those two passes and if SOMEBODY (...not gonna say his name) ran the correct route, the Patriots win last year's game and win another ring (like the NFC is gonna do anything) Payton *did* make an impressive effort and got the win, but it was the receivers on the Pats who lost that game.

Guess Michael didn't read this earlier:

"People don't seem to remember or realize he threw at one point - 13 TD's to 13 DIFFERENT PEOPLE!"

That would be "Tom" and that would be an "NFL record". Must be nice for Payton having Marvin Harrison all these years to throw to. Oh wait - the Pats just picked up a Moss with something to prove...hhmmm... And a bunch of other top-tier WRs....hhmmm...

I'm with Nhzoso - I'll take Tom 10 out of 10 times, and I don't look back. Until that loss, I don't think Brady had lost in a dome. He can flat out play anywhere and if it goes to NE in the winter...well, good luck Domies.
Well...

Erik, you're just another (can't get outta the past) armchair Pats fan who's settin' himself up for a RUDE awakening!!

I take NOTHING away from TB! Matter of fact, I was pulling for him in EVERY Super Bowl he played in! Ohhh...bet you weren't expecting that, Huh? But you Pats fans need to "live in the present!"

Peyton is the new sheriff in town! And he will lay down the law again this year with his 2nd Championship in a row!! PERIOD!!

And remember...I'm NOT A COLTS FAN!

Peace out...Play On! ;-)
Old 09-12-2007, 01:32 AM
nhzoso

Ahhh christ...Now I have to change my avatar because the Pats have are really causing me alot of anguish with this stupid video taping crap. I work with a bunch of jets fans and it was actually getting close to violence today with a few of these morons.

I still don't know what great advantage is gained by it but maybe I am just too stupid. Whats to prevent a team from giving some poor sap (like me) season tickets if you just make sure you video tape the opposing teams coaches??? How can they really stop it?

Anyway's I do recognize that it is a rule and they most likely broke it so they should be punished but to what degree who knows.

Some idiots at work were actually saying they should forfeit all 3 SB victory's..LOL or even forfeit the jets game?? How ridiculous is that.

Thanks Bellichick from Pats fans everywhere that have to listen to all the idiots for the next 6 months.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:00 PM
michael drums

Yea...

Guess when the dynasty is crumbling, ya gotta stoop to cheatin'! Just like the ole story 'bout Humpty Dumpty, huh!!

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall! All the kings horses, and so on...

And I expect all the Pats fans to rally around them and make excuses like, "Well, everybody cheats!" Or, "It's not as bad as the steriod use in baseball!" Or, "Any way you can find to win is ok!" Geeesssshhhhh...

WTF was Belichick thinking??

:-(
Old 09-12-2007, 07:07 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Ahhh christ...Now I have to change my avatar because the Pats have are really causing me alot of anguish with this stupid video taping crap. I work with a bunch of jets fans and it was actually getting close to violence today with a few of these morons.

I still don't know what great advantage is gained by it but maybe I am just too stupid. Whats to prevent a team from giving some poor sap (like me) season tickets if you just make sure you video tape the opposing teams coaches??? How can they really stop it?

Anyway's I do recognize that it is a rule and they most likely broke it so they should be punished but to what degree who knows.

Some idiots at work were actually saying they should forfeit all 3 SB victory's..LOL or even forfeit the jets game?? How ridiculous is that.

Thanks Bellichick from Pats fans everywhere that have to listen to all the idiots for the next 6 months.
Idiots??

It ALL starts with Bellichick!! HE'S THE IDIOT!

Ummm...They SHOULD forfeit the Jets' game!! The cheating...THAT'S RIDICULOUS!!

Listen to yourself, nhzoso!! Now I'M LMAO!!

See...settin' yourself up for RUDE awakening, like I said in a previous post! Well...Here's the RUDE AWAKENING!! ;-)

Wow! Hee...hee...
Old 09-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Guinness

Stealing signals has been going on since the beginning of baseball, football...you name it. I don't consider it cheating, because everyone does it...the Pats just got caught. The same reason why about half of the coaches call plays with the play sheet covering their lips. You don't think that about every team has a lip reader somewhere in the crowd just looking for some kind of competetive advantage? Football is BIG MONEY. Get as much information and break the code. Bill is a hell of a coach..old stone face. He doesn't offer any emotion and hardly any information for a reason, he doesn't give any team the tinniest insight into what he's got up his sleeve. I guess the spy's are going to have to be a bit more discreet for now on..but I promise you there will be a guy somewhere in the crowd watching. That's for sure.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:14 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Stealing signals has been going on since the beginning of baseball, football...you name it. I don't consider it cheating, because everyone does it...the Pats just got caught. The same reason why about half of the coaches call plays with the play sheet covering their lips. You don't think that about every team has a lip reader somewhere in the crowd just looking for some kind of competetive advantage? Football is BIG MONEY. Get as much information and break the code. Bill is a hell of a coach..old stone face. He doesn't offer any emotion and hardly any information for a reason, he doesn't give any team the tinniest insight into what he's got up his sleeve. I guess the spy's are going to have to be a bit more discreet for now on..but I promise you there will be a guy somewhere in the crowd watching. That's for sure.
Oh...Ok, everybody does it! Then that makes it right... :-(

I totally disagree, Guinness! Unless, of course, you're an "expert" in the daily goings on of any AND ALL NFL teams!

Look...if Bill Belichick is a "he__ of a coach", as you say...does he NEED to cheat??

Kinda sounds contridictory to me!

"Everybody does it", is NOT a "green light" for cheating! OR a legitimate reason to do so!

Money or no money...Play On!
Old 09-13-2007, 12:17 AM
nhzoso

Quote:
True but this kind of sensible logic spoils it for guys like michaeldrums. He would rather live in fantasy land and suddenly get on a high moral ground, although how you do that and be a cowboys fan I will never know but it is funny to listen too.

I agree they broke a rule but lets not get carried away here. it's not like it helped them in that game so how can they forfeit it??

I hope all Pats fans wear a "if you aint cheatin you aint trying" Bright tee shirts just to rub it in the face of all the whiners (IE Tomlinson) hahahahahahahaha

Ya still have to beat us on the field and if you don't then i am sure this issue will come up again...LOL
Old 09-13-2007, 12:24 AM
michael drums

Yea, ok...

I guess having TB and RM isn't good enough, huh? Oh, and what about the Pats defense? Not good enough, either?

Whatever, Pats fans...

Let's PLAY BALL!!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:22 AM
Guinness

Ha! I have to admit, if we make it to the show it will be the Pats lined up in front of us. I honestly do think the Patriots are going to win it again this year. The AFC is just to strong of a conference. I am a Cowboys fan...always have been, but I'm also a realist. I can only pray that we can advance in the playoffs this year, because these defensive problems aren't giving me a lot of hope right now at the moment. I just hope we can win at least 11 or 12 games this season..then we'll give em' hell next year, but you know what they say. "Any given Sunday"

It's a crap shoot.

Quote:
True but this kind of sensible logic spoils it for guys like michaeldrums. He would rather live in fantasy land and suddenly get on a high moral ground, although how you do that and be a cowboys fan I will never know but it is funny to listen too.

I agree they broke a rule but lets not get carried away here. it's not like it helped them in that game so how can they forfeit it??

I hope all Pats fans wear a "if you aint cheatin you aint trying" Bright tee shirts just to rub it in the face of all the whiners (IE Tomlinson) hahahahahahahaha

Ya still have to beat us on the field and if you don't then i am sure this issue will come up again...LOL
Old 09-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Guinness

Wow! The league came down hard on Bill. They stuck him with a $500,000 personal fine and threw in another $250,000 for the team and if that wasn't enough, if they make the playoffs they lose a first round draft pick. If they don't make the playoffs it's going to cost them a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

That's harsh, man!
Old 09-15-2007, 12:34 AM
nhzoso

The fine was as expected with all the players crying about the commish being a management guy if he did'nt place a stiff fine it was pretty inevitable.

Good ol Mangini selling out the ex coach...The ol saying goes...no honor among thieves. This may actually hurt Mangini too.

As far as the 1st rd pick, well they only lose their own 1st rd pick which will probably be 32 anyway and they still get the 49ers 1st rd pick which will probably be top 20, so no big deal really.

mike I can see saying he cheated and got caught and should be fined or even suspended for a game but to say they should forfeit? Come on man I don't think you really believe that.

I just hope that they kick the snot out of the big mouth chokers this sunday night..Should be a great game.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:32 AM
Silver Member

All I have to say to my team is: why?

Week 1 vs the Jets-------- W 38-14
Week 2 vs the Chargers- W 38-14

For the love of God I hope we keep putting up numbers like this so we can shut up those who want to question our record from recent AND in years past. While they have legitimate beef over us cheating, it's silly to think we all need to go back and revise the record books.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:14 AM
Erik Lund

Default Whatever...

"Guess when the dynasty is crumbling, ya gotta stoop to cheatin'"

Yeah, we looked real crumbled out there today... You wanna take back any of those silly rants, Michael? You probably don't, but I'll just assume you do, since you have to.

I thought the Chargers were supposed to be our competition this year? All the haters saying Randy wouldn't keep it up...ESPN had a vote and the majority of people said 8-10 TD's this year. He's already got 3...And 100+ yards again today.

Brady - 25-31 today. 3 TD's and a bunch more yards. His QB rating is off the charts. All the haters?...Whatever.

LT didn't even reach 50 yards today. He can *totally* shut his mouth now, thank you very much.

This is the best the AFC is gonna throw at the mighty Patriots?! Just give out the rings tomorrow and get it over with.

Last edited by Erik Lund; 09-17-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:28 AM
Silver Member

^ Sounds good to me!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Senior Consultant

Quote:
Well...

Jeff! Barring any injury...history will be against your position on Peyton Manning! He will, AT LEAST, win as many rings as Tom Brady. Probably more!

Umm...you seem to forget about the quality of the Miami teams, or lack thereof, that Marino played on. Yes, he had GREAT receivers during his career...but THAT'S IT!! Great for stats, but NOT for championships!

How can you even compare Manning & Marino? That's ridiculous, my friend! Marino threw for TONS of yardage. Manning is an Offensive General. If anything, Manning is much like Montana! As you will see by the end of his career, and all his rings.

Let's face it, Brady WAS great! And still is a VERY capable QB! But he has passed the torch to Peyton Manning, who WILL eclipse the Brady legacy...

...Play On! ;-)

P.S. Good Luck to ALL...and have fun!
After last night, you may wish to change your stance on Brady being "very capable". He IS the best player in the NFL. I'm picking him to start for my team every time.

The Patriot team that I've seen these last two weeks is head and shoulders above anyone else in the league. Jesus, they DISMANTLED the Chargers. LT got nothing all day.

The Colts look good but the Pats look unstoppable.

Alas, my poor Giants look horrible. Go Yanks!
Old 09-17-2007, 02:36 PM
Erik Lund

Default Colts

"The Colts look good but the Pats look unstoppable"

I thought the Colts looked shakey this week, no?

Adam Vinatieri looked downright weak...
Old 09-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Silver Member

The Colts did look somewhat shaky yesterday, and for that I think you gotta give the Titans a lot of credit. They seem to know how to get under Indy's skin, and games between those two always end up being close matches.

Indy plays Houston next week, and while I want to say they should be able to trounce those guys, it must be said that the Texans have put up wins as convincing as the Pats these past two weeks, so I wouldn't put it past them to give Peyton et al a good, solid run for their money.

And yes, Vinateri did look shaky. Surprisingly or not, I got blasted by some of my fellow Pats fans for even suggesting that V. was playing less than perfect, as if he were still here in New England. Go figure!
Old 09-18-2007, 03:16 AM
Silver Member

Yea I agree with Jeff I really think the Patriots are unstopable. If Brady keeps playing the way he does, I see no way anyone can beat them looking at their schedule. Besides from the colts game and MAYBE the cowboys game, I wouldnt be surprised if they go15-1 or even 16-0. I mean their defense dominated the chargers front 7 that L.T. couldnt get above 50 yards.

As for the Giants, they're so unpredictable. Their defense is an abomination. Horrible. My prediction is they dont win more than 4 games. Just pitiful; and disappointing!
Old 09-20-2007, 04:50 PM
nhzoso

I think it's funny as hell that ravens head Coach accused manweiny of cheating this weekend..LOL Hope this is not a trend with all the coaches coming up with reasons why they lost other than they just sukk.

pretty sure it's just some backlash for what he did to Bellichick
Old 09-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Pioneer Member

75 posts and no mention of the best team in the NFC??? The Bears repeat as NFC champs with little problem. There's no defense even close in the NFC. And I'm guessing Rex will be replaced by week 4, so that solves that problem. I look for them to whip the 'boys in Soldier Field Sunday night.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:26 PM

GO BEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 01:27 AM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
75 posts and no mention of the best team in the NFC??? The Bears repeat as NFC champs with little problem. There's no defense even close in the NFC. And I'm guessing Rex will be replaced by week 4, so that solves that problem. I look for them to whip the 'boys in Soldier Field Sunday night.
LOL, solves that problem??? Hows that, who's the back up John Elway?? I agree the NFC is weak and even a team with Grossman has a shot but dont fool yourself bro... griese sucks too.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Erik Lund

Quote:
I think it's funny as hell that ravens head Coach accused manweiny of cheating this weekend..LOL Hope this is not a trend with all the coaches coming up with reasons why they lost other than they just sukk.

pretty sure it's just some backlash for what he did to Bellichick

Well, the Ravens actually won that game and pretty handidly, so there goes that theory (come on man! I need smart color commentary from fellow Pats fans with all the controversey!)

The Pats will destroy the Bills. Maybe Brady can sit out the second half or at least the 4th quarter. Let's get 50 pts early and rest his little arm. No need to risk injury when you're up 5 TDs...I'm guessing a lot of bench guys get to shine tomorrow!

Hope the Packers can win tomorrow. not that I really care - but it would be nice. Also - Houston will put up a good fight tomorrow against the Colts. They might be able to squeak out a W what with the Colts not quite gelling yet.

Rex and McNabb might be playing some of their last halves of football...Chicago will rejoice if they are getting whooped at half-time. Philly fans will cry, and move on.

But back to the team here: Seriously - who is gonna stop Mr. Moss? What defense out there thinks they have the secret? 'Cause then we'll just start using Stallworth...

GO PATS!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Erik Lund

This just in:

Tom Brady continues to be ridiculous. Look at that QB rating!