DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 08-19-2007, 01:07 AM
Jusstickinaround

Default The Real Football Thread

Well, football season is once again upon us. I'm talking about the NFL, who's going to take it this year? I'm predicting the Colts are going to win it again, I'm not from there, but I think they still have the best team. Actually I'd love to see the Houston Texans win, but I'd also love to jam with Paul McCartney, what are the chances of that happening? Ha. Predictions my friends predictions.

Last edited by DogBreath; 09-12-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:50 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Its obvious that the Giants are going to take it all this year.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:21 AM
nhzoso

I am so looking forward to the season. If it was'nt for the NFL I don't know what I would do with the winters we get up here.

Being a Pats fan I think the Pats have a very good chance, All the experts are picking em too so I am not being a homer in that regard.

The Colts will be decent, especially while they play in that weak division (6 easy wins) but they lost quite a few defensive players and it will be tough to repeat when you are current champs.

Anyone playing fantasy football, I have a free team on espn but have not joined a league yet, maybe we could create a DW league.

GO PATS
Old 08-19-2007, 06:01 AM
Silver Member

The Lions are on the way to the top baby. I dream..

I'm also digging the dw fantasy league. If someone sets that up count me in.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Silver Member

I think It'll either be the Chargers (If they can win a dam playoff game!) or the Pats. The Colts wont win another one, they didnt gain much at all during the offseason, while the Pats gained a HUGE bunch of receivers, including Randy Moss. And the Chargers, I mean, they have LT, so that's enough said.

Oh and I'm all in for a DW league. That would be great! I would make it myself if I knew how....
Old 08-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Silver Member

I don't pay much attention to NFL football but I do pay attention to college football. I think that Alabama with our new coach ,Nick Saban, is going to do a lot better this year...anything is better than what we had with Mike Shula.

ROLL TIDE!!!

"Closed mindedness about music is the death of the musician." - me
Old 08-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Silver Member

I don't care if I sound boosterish, but the Patriots are looking darn good on paper. Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Washington, Caldwell, Brown, Childress.. if that isn't roster depth I don't know what is. Brady is going to have a field day passing the ball this year!
Old 08-20-2007, 03:03 AM

How bout them Cowboys???? Come on, show my guys some love...Here's why:

Offense: Flozell Adams, T.O, Terry Glenn, Patrick Crayton, Julius Jones, Tyson Thompson, and Jason Witten.

Defense: Roy Williams, Aaron Glenn, Terence Newman, Chris Canty, Marcus Spears, Demarcus Ware, Bobby Carpenter, Greg Ellis. Can you say BRICK WALL!!

I won't say they are going all the way, but they have a helluva shot and are probably one of the most underrated teams in football right now.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:28 AM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt986 View Post

Offense: Flozell Adams, T.O, Terry Glenn, Patrick Crayton, Julius Jones, Tyson Thompson, and Jason Witten.

Defense: Roy Williams, Aaron Glenn, Terence Newman, Chris Canty, Marcus Spears, Demarcus Ware, Bobby Carpenter, Greg Ellis. Can you say BRICK WALL!!

I won't say they are going all the way, but they have a helluva shot and are probably one of the most underrated teams in football right now.
Heres one you forgot to mention...COACH: Wade Phillips???

This prediction from a very good source sounds about right to me.

"The Cowboys get a “B” grade all around. This team is not sensational, but they are very good. They do everything pretty well. Get ready for a sophomore slump out of Tony Romo who catapulted to stardom and a Pro Bowl way to quickly as QB of America’s team. As long as the circus is in town (Terrell Owens) expect the Cowboys to come up short because of all of his distractions. The offense will likely experience some growing pains under first-year offensive coordinator Jason Garrett. We’ll see just how valuable the Big Tuna really was to this team this season. My guess is that he was worth a lot more than people gave him credit for."
Old 08-20-2007, 03:55 AM

The more I see of the Cowboys, the more I like them this season. It even looks like TO won't be as much of a distraction this year (I know, wishful thinking.)

I'm not sure they can compete with The Perennials (I mean Patriots,) but here's hoping from a good ole Texas boy.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:55 PM

I guess we'll see when the Pats and Cowboys play this year..should be a great game
Old 08-22-2007, 12:09 AM

I am a die hard Washington Redskins fan and it's hard. We've stunk it up for a good while now. Even with Joe Gibbs out of NASCAR and back to the 'Skins we still can't get it done.

I had big hopes for this year after getting London Fletcher to firm up our linebacking corps, but then the dumbest QB alive (next to Mike Vick) goes and bumps his knee in the last pre-season game. I can't handle another year of Mark Brunell!

Go Skins.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt986 View Post

Cowboys are the best, their new stadium looks amazing!
Old 08-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Guinness

Da' Boys are going to be contenders this year my friends. I'm exicted as hell. I'm going to try to make a home game this year. Even Randy Galloway seems to be in a stir...and that's unusual. Romo for president!!
Old 08-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Gold Member

I wanna say the Panthers will do well but I'm not sure... We'll just have to see, won't we?

Old 08-28-2007, 11:48 AM
nhzoso

So who wants to join a Fantasy league?? I have a free team that was given to me by espn for screwing up a baseball league.. I will create a league but not sure if we will have atleast 8, plus it will cost about $30 so remember that before you commit. Just PM me if your interested and we will go from there.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:07 PM
nhzoso

Ok time for predictions,

Superbowl

New England
vs
New Orleans

Of course the Pats win : )
Old 09-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Gold Member

No way, the Browns will take the super bowl
;)
right
Old 09-05-2007, 03:08 PM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pasquini View Post
No way, the Browns will take the super bowl
;)
right
Yeah sometime this century I am sure...but I meant this year : )
Old 09-05-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
Ok time for predictions,

Superbowl
Everyone else wusses out, and the Colts win.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:45 PM

I love watching the NFL, but I'll still take college over pro anyday. Go Devils!
Old 09-05-2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
Ok time for predictions,

Superbowl

New England
vs
New Orleans

Of course the Pats win : )
exactly

Old 09-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Erik Lund

Default Patriots

For anyone thinking that the Colts are going to win - I will remind them (the fools...) that the Patriots, despite completely imploding in the second half- were one pass away from still winning that game against the Colts - and Tom Brady (the BEST QB in the league) had absolutely no one to throw to ALL SEASON.

They just cut Caldwell the other day - and he led the team in receptions and yards- which goes to show you just how stacked they are in the WR area this year. Randy Moss will shut up all the Raider fans who think he's a bust - and even in the slight-chance case: if he is a problem with the team - the Patriots don't need him. They did well with NO ONE last year, so with the other WR's - Brady would still have more than enough people to throw to.

People don't seem to remember or realize he threw at one point - 13 TD's to 13 DIFFERENT PEOPLE! I could put a uniform on any of you guys and have Brady throw to you and he'd still win.

Almost everyone I know that has a fantasy team is using New England's defense - They are always in the top 5 and even without Harrison they are looking great. Merriweather and Thomas are gonna destroy.

And the Patriots also happen to be the best coached team in the NFL. You guys can say what you want, but once the Pats won a Super Bowl (for the first time in their franchise's history) everyone suddenly wanted to know what made Bill tick.

The Red Sox and Patriots have suddenly developed a lot of haters in the past few years, with the Sox winning in '04 and the Pats winning 3 of the last 6...I think it's 'cause there are so many wagon jumpers who don't know squat about the sports...They just like winners...And that makes the real fans look bad. I've been a fan since I was born, and it was tough getting killed all the time - and with the Pats getting killed in '96 by Green Bay... The best thing that ever happened to the Pats was that stank-arm QB (what's-his-face) getting injured and allowing the GREAT Tom Brady to shine.

Team of Destiny!

(Also - Tom's got a hot girlfriend again. I think part of the problem last year was that he didn't have some gorgeous girlfriend to go home to after the game. He had to slightly worry about his situation. No longer. Supermodel girlfriend "in tow")
Old 09-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Silver Member

Good to see the Cowboys being represented in this thread....
Romo is gonna take us to the promise land....

D-Boyz 4 life!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 06:29 PM
nhzoso

Default Re: Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Lund View Post
For anyone thinking that the Colts are going to win - I will remind them (the fools...) that the Patriots, despite completely imploding in the second half- were one pass away from still winning that game against the Colts - and Tom Brady (the BEST QB in the league) had absolutely no one to throw to ALL SEASON.

They just cut Caldwell the other day - and he led the team in receptions and yards- which goes to show you just how stacked they are in the WR area this year. Randy Moss will shut up all the Raider fans who think he's a bust - and even in the slight-chance case: if he is a problem with the team - the Patriots don't need him. They did well with NO ONE last year, so with the other WR's - Brady would still have more than enough people to throw to.

People don't seem to remember or realize he threw at one point - 13 TD's to 13 DIFFERENT PEOPLE! I could put a uniform on any of you guys and have Brady throw to you and he'd still win.

Almost everyone I know that has a fantasy team is using New England's defense - They are always in the top 5 and even without Harrison they are looking great. Merriweather and Thomas are gonna destroy.

And the Patriots also happen to be the best coached team in the NFL. You guys can say what you want, but once the Pats won a Super Bowl (for the first time in their franchise's history) everyone suddenly wanted to know what made Bill tick.

The Red Sox and Patriots have suddenly developed a lot of haters in the past few years, with the Sox winning in '04 and the Pats winning 3 of the last 6...I think it's 'cause there are so many wagon jumpers who don't know squat about the sports...They just like winners...And that makes the real fans look bad. I've been a fan since I was born, and it was tough getting killed all the time - and with the Pats getting killed in '96 by Green Bay... The best thing that ever happened to the Pats was that stank-arm QB (what's-his-face) getting injured and allowing the GREAT Tom Brady to shine.

Team of Destiny!

(Also - Tom's got a hot girlfriend again. I think part of the problem last year was that he didn't have some gorgeous girlfriend to go home to after the game. He had to slightly worry about his situation. No longer. Supermodel girlfriend "in tow")
Good post, hard to make an argument against it even for non Pats fans.. Although I will warn you that they look good on paper but they still have to play the games.

I tried to draft the Pats def. in my league on espn's live draft and accidentally took San Diego's...argggghhhh, Oh well could have been worse I guess. I also like the Saints in the NFC but not by leaps and bounds..Hard to actually pick a team from the NFC..Which says alot about the state of the conference. I would say that the top 6-7 teams in the league are in the AFC.. Atleast by the last few years records. This year looks to be about the same but like I said..They still have to play the games. GO PATS
Old 09-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Erik Lund

Default Pats

The first few games might look ugly - especially with Randy not playing preseason due to that leg injury - but whether they go 15-1 or 11-5, they're in the playoffs and will look better as the season goes on. Not many teams can say that.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:47 PM
nhzoso

Default Re: Pats

Quote:
The first few games might look ugly - especially with Randy not playing preseason due to that leg injury - but whether they go 15-1 or 11-5, they're in the playoffs and will look better as the season goes on. Not many teams can say that.

True, this sundays vs Jets is gonna be a big test right out the gate. Then they play S.D. (damn) I would be happy with 1-1 after these 2 games..
Old 09-07-2007, 05:00 AM

I'm excited to see what Brady can do with a typically underrated reciever like Wes Welker. I got to watch him in college, and the guy can flat play. Now that he's on a team known for utilizing the 'underdog' players, I think Wes is in for a big year.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Senior Consultant

Man, did Reggie Bush look like he needed to spend more time practicing and less time partying with NBA players and doing commercials. He looked terrible and the Saints got waxed yesterday.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:53 PM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Almeyda View Post
Man, did Reggie Bush look like he needed to spend more time practicing and less time partying with NBA players and doing commercials. He looked terrible and the Saints got waxed yesterday.
Was a good game in the 1st half but then the Colts heated up and looked in mid season form by the end of the game....Did you hear how quiet that stadium got after the 1st play when Addai went down? The Saints will be fine, luckily they play in the NFC.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Guinness

I started Reggie Bush last night in my fantasy league and was more than disappointed. I have never seen an offense look that terrible in a long time. Luckily I have a few other studs to carry me through this weekend....I hope.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Silver Member

I'm a Falcon's fan....TOO BAD FOR ME! Atlanta's sports teams are still in the crapper.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Silver Member

To be honest, I think the Colts played a near-perfect game. The only imperfection that i saw was that fumble early in the game that scored a touchdown for the saints. Other than that, their defense was ridiculously dominating and FAST! Exactly like the defense that led them to the superbowl and eventually won it. On the offensive side, I mean Manning threw for 3 TD's NO interceptions, and I think 288 yards? And Addai had a fantastic game with 23 rushes and 118 yards. I mean everything was clicking for them that game. And the Saints are not a bad team anymore. If the Colts keep on playing like this, no one can beat them, they'll go on to win the superbowl.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:54 AM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGroceryman View Post
To be honest, I think the Colts played a near-perfect game. The only imperfection that i saw was that fumble early in the game that scored a touchdown for the saints. Other than that, their defense was ridiculously dominating and FAST! Exactly like the defense that led them to the superbowl and eventually won it. On the offensive side, I mean Manning threw for 3 TD's NO interceptions, and I think 288 yards? And Addai had a fantastic game with 23 rushes and 118 yards. I mean everything was clicking for them that game. And the Saints are not a bad team anymore. If the Colts keep on playing like this, no one can beat them, they'll go on to win the superbowl.

True, but it's a long, long season. If they do that to the Pats, Ravens or Chargers then I will agree 100%.. Saints are good but I don't think their Offense is anywhere near clicking like it should be yet. It should have been a shootout, I am not buying Indy's def. is that good....Yet!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:54 AM
michael drums

Remember this prediction...

Indianapolis Colts WIN their 2nd Super Bowl in a row!!

The 2008 Super Bowl Champions!!

...and hold me to it...Play On! ;-)
Old 09-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Erik Lund

Default Prediction

Michael - I will gladly remember your prediction come playoffs. If the Pats beat them - I want you to go out and buy 10 Joe McPhee albums.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:30 PM
michael drums

Default Re: Prediction

Quote:
Michael - I will gladly remember your prediction come playoffs. If the Pats beat them - I want you to go out and buy 10 Joe McPhee albums.
You got it, Erik!! ;-)

Peace...Play On! :-)
Old 09-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Silver Member

I just watched the Pats beat up on the Jets. I thought the Patriots played well, their defense was ridiculously effective against the run. But I think the most important thing about the Patriots that make them so good is their offensive line. I mean sometimes they gave Brady literally like 5 seconds+ in the pocket. With that kind of protection, someone has got to get open, right?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:47 AM
Erik Lund

Default The O line!

The Pats have had a great O line every year since that first Super Bowl win. They had some injuries two years ago that made them a little less effective - but man - Those guys don't just protect - they push the D line around!

Randy looked pretty damned great didn't he? 51 yd TD, consecutive catches of 22 and then 33 yards... Bring on the Chokers. I mean, uh, the Chargers!

Norv is gonna take these guys to the Super Bowl?...
Old 09-10-2007, 06:45 AM
michael drums

Hey...

The Cowboys looked GREAT tonight! Ummm...but, they have SERIOUS holes in their defensive secondary, special teams, and their tackling is just horendous!! UGHHH....

Their running game looks strong, Jones and Barber! Romo looked brilliant, at times, and held it together throughout the game! And the receivers had a REALLY GOOD game, ie...Whitten(TE), TO and Byrd!

Hope they can fill the gaps in their defense and special teams! Or it's gonna catch up to them, eventually!! :-(

The Giants didn't play too bad offensively, as Eli Manning looked better that I've EVER seen him! Too bad they lost the game as Eli played his heart out!! He deserves A LOT of credit for his effort...bein' he got hurt and STILL went out their and threw a TD pass to Plexico! Tough loss for them...

Play On! ;-)