DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-29-2007, 04:20 AM
somedrummer's Avatar
somedrummer somedrummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern California...Chico
Posts: 1,491
Default My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Here they are, for everyone's enjoyment. Please, fire away with questions, etc. I've just posted them my facebook account, as their upload system is considerably faster. I also have a little commentary on each pic on there. Here's that URL:

http://csuchico.facebook.com/album.p...e9&id=29910722

Edit: More Pics, set up like Neil's Kit. See post 15, or just click here:

http://csuchico.facebook.com/album.p...98&id=29910722

Edit: Got all 4 kits set up at once and snapped a few pics. Here are those:

http://csuchico.facebook.com/album.p...5f&id=29910722

Last edited by somedrummer; 07-30-2007 at 06:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-29-2007, 04:52 AM
Jusstickinaround
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Neato.........................
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-29-2007, 05:06 AM
kung_f00's Avatar
kung_f00 kung_f00 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 528
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Be-autiful. I love your collection of vintage kits, all three of them look to be in great shape, but most of all I love your 11 piece ... probably the most uniquely impressive setup I've seen with that many drums.
__________________
When in doubt, bring the funk...

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-29-2007, 07:57 AM
The Ploughman's Avatar
The Ploughman The Ploughman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 353
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Nice stuff. great pix.
__________________
My Drums, Rogers USA, Ayotte Custom.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=26473
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-29-2007, 10:48 AM
thumper's Avatar
thumper thumper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: vancouver bc canada
Posts: 471
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Nice to see someone else who has a 22" K Ride... How you like it? (most versatile one out there IMO!!!)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-29-2007, 11:19 AM
fijjibo's Avatar
fijjibo fijjibo is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: MK, ENGLAND
Posts: 1,487
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Cosmic......


Thats one interesting collection - a massive monster Pearl - mixed with some sweet four pieces.
__________________
My site!!!


Im back (unofficialy) with Pro.Mark Drumsticks. (TX5ABW)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-29-2007, 12:08 PM
harryconway's Avatar
harryconway harryconway is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pasadena, California, U.S.A.
Posts: 9,110
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Love the vintage kits. I know it's a "to each their own" kinda thing, but I'd rather have 3 vintage kits over 1 new $5K set.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Drummer Karl's Avatar
Drummer Karl Drummer Karl is offline
KARL MEMBER
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,099
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Just beautiful!!! really nice collection buddy...I mean, two vintage kits and one Session. And some great cymbals...veeery neat.

Well, that`s it. Have fun with all that stuff. Yeah yeah, I guess you have!
edit: How is that Sizzle Ride??

Karl
__________________
Myspace.

Drummerworld Myspace.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Four Sticks's Avatar
Four Sticks Four Sticks is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 36
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Sweet stuff, great Slingys.

Last edited by Four Sticks; 07-29-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-29-2007, 03:26 PM
somedrummer's Avatar
somedrummer somedrummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern California...Chico
Posts: 1,491
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Nice to see someone else who has a 22" K Ride... How you like it? (most versatile one out there IMO!!!)
Yeah, I know there are a few members here who have that ride, all of us are very pleased with it. Yes, it is an incredibly versatile ride as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryconway View Post
Love the vintage kits. I know it's a "to each their own" kinda thing, but I'd rather have 3 vintage kits over 1 new $5K set.
I know. So many people I've been talking to about buying all these kits have been saying "do you really need another one??". I just feel like they're all individually cool in their own ways, and each and every one of them has a spot in my heart, and a place at my gigs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer Karl View Post
Just beautiful!!! really nice collection buddy...I mean, two vintage kits and one Session. And some great cymbals...veeery neat.

Well, that`s it. Have fun with all that stuff. Yeah yeah, I guess you have!
edit: How is that Sizzle Ride??

Karl
Thanks always, Karl. The sizzle ride is cool because it's a 19" and a medium weigh, so I can ride it in softer settings, with almost no stick definition, or I can crash it in a rock setting with great effect as well. It's also cool for me because I made it. ;)

Thanks for the comments everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Those are beautiful kits. Really beautiful and I bet they sound great as well. I'm eternally envious.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Maytridy's Avatar
Maytridy Maytridy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 236
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Wow. Thanks for posting those pictures. Sweeeet.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Trommur's Avatar
Trommur Trommur is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland
Posts: 481
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Those Drums are gorgeous man! Congratz. The way I see it, I didn't really anything wrong with them, and That K Ride looks awesome!!

Joe
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Ironcobra's Avatar
Ironcobra Ironcobra is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,209
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

those drums are awesome, the vintage kits are in great shape, never sell them
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-30-2007, 03:53 AM
somedrummer's Avatar
somedrummer somedrummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern California...Chico
Posts: 1,491
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Finally got the nerve to try to break down my setup of a few years now and try out something I've been meaning to do ever since I got my 18" floor tom: Set up like Neil Peart. For the most part the drum configuration is correct, the sizes of the toms are slightly different and I had to make some changes based on my equipment, but the basic premise is there. Also the cymbal setup was influenced by his, but by no means is anything near a direct copy.

Here it is on the Facebook:

http://csuchico.facebook.com/album.p...98&id=29910722
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-30-2007, 05:36 AM
Michael G's Avatar
Michael G Michael G is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunbury, PA
Posts: 956
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

For the vintage kits, you might want to find the 60's rail mounts and matching rims so they look classier. The rims and the stand holding them up, just does not fit.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-30-2007, 05:45 AM
harryconway's Avatar
harryconway harryconway is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pasadena, California, U.S.A.
Posts: 9,110
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedrummer View Post

I know. So many people I've been talking to about buying all these kits have been saying "do you really need another one??". I just feel like they're all individually cool in their own ways, and each and every one of them has a spot in my heart, and a place at my gigs.


The cat who's showing me so much about vintage gear has 13 (at last count) vintage kits. So you can never have too many drum sets.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-30-2007, 06:25 AM
somedrummer's Avatar
somedrummer somedrummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern California...Chico
Posts: 1,491
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothJazz View Post
For the vintage kits, you might want to find the 60's rail mounts and matching rims so they look classier. The rims and the stand holding them up, just does not fit.
Which ones exactly are we talking about? For the Slingerlands, I have the rail mount, but chose not to use it, and for the blue Ludwigs, I was supposed to get it from the guy I bought it from, but he seems to want to be screwing me out of it.

In any case, I like the freedom that mounting off a stand gives me. If I really need to do a gig where I am supposed to look like I'm from that period, I would probably put on the rail mounts, but the RIMS off a stand is so much easier at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryconway View Post
The cat who's showing me so much about vintage gear has 13 (at last count) vintage kits. So you can never have too many drum sets.
I'll drink to that, Harry.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-05-2007, 01:08 AM
somedrummer's Avatar
somedrummer somedrummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern California...Chico
Posts: 1,491
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Well last night I was surfing the 'Bay and found a deal that was too good to pass up, $700 for a set of mid-50's Radio Kings in WMP. Similar to the ones I've got now, but older. Pics will be up when they arrive.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-05-2007, 02:02 AM
Michael G's Avatar
Michael G Michael G is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunbury, PA
Posts: 956
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedrummer View Post
Well last night I was surfing the 'Bay and found a deal that was too good to pass up, $700 for a set of mid-50's Radio Kings in WMP. Similar to the ones I've got now, but older. Pics will be up when they arrive.
How can you afford kits at will every time you see one you like?

Eventually all the kits you are buying are just going to end up stacked.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-05-2007, 06:10 AM
caprisun3484's Avatar
caprisun3484 caprisun3484 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 244
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

awesome collection


accept Jay's friend request so we can be facebook buddies :)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-06-2007, 02:54 AM
somedrummer's Avatar
somedrummer somedrummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern California...Chico
Posts: 1,491
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothJazz View Post
How can you afford kits at will every time you see one you like?

Eventually all the kits you are buying are just going to end up stacked.
Thanks again for the optimism. The reason I'm able to afford them is because I have a job that I am currently working 40 hours a week at, and I'm living at home, so I have no bills. This is what I do for fun. Hey, I could be out buying drugs, but I choose to spend my money on drums instead. I think it's far more enjoyable, and, in the long run, most of these kits are only going up in value, so if I need to resell them (God forbid) at a later date, I will be making money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprisun3484 View Post
awesome collection


accept Jay's friend request so we can be facebook buddies :)
Thanks for the comment, and I did accept the request.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-06-2007, 03:40 AM
BrokenGlass's Avatar
BrokenGlass BrokenGlass is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 356
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

I was going to ask why you dont just spend more money on your main kit instead of buying alot of older ones.......but then I saw your pearl and I dont think that it is possible to add anything else!!!!!! hahaha

Nice kits. I'm really looking to get some alternate kits as well once I get my custom kit thats being built in.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-06-2007, 02:32 PM
somedrummer's Avatar
somedrummer somedrummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern California...Chico
Posts: 1,491
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Thanks, Brokenglass. Yeah, I've pretty much bought every possible tom diameter that goes with that kit, I haven't bothered with all the different depths and don't think I will. I've also kept it at one bass drum for the sole reason that I don't ever use double bass and would have no use for another bass drum.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-06-2007, 03:11 PM
WarrenM WarrenM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Apex, NC, USA
Posts: 30
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Quote:
Thanks again for the optimism. The reason I'm able to afford them is because I have a job that I am currently working 40 hours a week at, and I'm living at home, so I have no bills. This is what I do for fun. Hey, I could be out buying drugs, but I choose to spend my money on drums instead. I think it's far more enjoyable, and, in the long run, most of these kits are only going up in value, so if I need to resell them (God forbid) at a later date, I will be making money.
If you're ever planning on moving out of your parents house, you might want to put some money to work elsewhere as opposing to "investing" in drum kits,

But that's another discussion... heh.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-18-2007, 04:53 AM
somedrummer's Avatar
somedrummer somedrummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern California...Chico
Posts: 1,491
Default Re: My Vintage Sets and "Drum room".

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenM View Post
If you're ever planning on moving out of your parents house, you might want to put some money to work elsewhere as opposing to "investing" in drum kits,

But that's another discussion... heh.
Yes, I'm squaring with that fact now. Fortunately I know that I can probably keep them where they are, and I don't plan on moving far away if/when I do move out, so they'll always be close. And I am saving a good bit of money too.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com