DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 08-16-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Van Halen

Alex is coming back with a vengeance it looks like...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G8MLutk7ZY
Old 08-17-2007, 12:56 AM
fourstringdrums

Default Re: Van Halen

This won't last long.

It just figures that they finally do get Dave back in, and Michael leaves while Eddie's kid takes over on bass. I guess the fan's wanting to see a FULL VH reunion will never happen, and before anyone nitpicks about Michael, his backing vocals were part of the VH sound. So without him, something is missing.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:10 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringdrums View Post
and before anyone nitpicks about Michael, his backing vocals were part of the VH sound. So without him, something is missing.
Ya, I agree with that part.. but I am really curious to see what Wolf will bring to the rhythm section, vocal arrangements and the band in general. I'm really shocked that there is an actual attempt by Dave and Eddie to TRY to get along. Thats cool in my opinon. Hopefully, Michael will re-join at some point just for fun.

Off topic, I miss DLR's radio show that he briefly had. It was different and had some pizazz.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:56 AM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
Ya, I agree with that part.. but I am really curious to see what Wolf will bring to the rhythm section, vocal arrangements and the band in general. I'm really shocked that there is an actual attempt by Dave and Eddie to TRY to get along. Thats cool in my opinon. Hopefully, Michael will re-join at some point just for fun.

Off topic, I miss DLR's radio show that he briefly had. It was different and had some pizazz.
They probably realized that they're not making any more money off the band unless Dave joins, so they just have to suck it up and deal with it.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:45 AM
Pioneer Member

They keep trying to get along and bring back the band, maybe it'll happen all the way this time, but 15 years too late I say.

You're definitely right about Michael's backup vocals, I don't wanna see them without him. Another crappy reunion tour.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
They probably realized that they're not making any more money off the band unless Dave joins, so they just have to suck it up and deal with it.
"Deal with it" is an understatement. Dave will make you wanna pull your hair out.. lol. I wonder if he has ADHD.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
"Deal with it" is an understatement. Dave will make you wanna pull your hair out.. lol. I wonder if he has ADHD.
There's so many Diamond Dave loyalists out there too. Hagar could sing better and always had a better solo career. Eh, I like both Van Halen and Van Hagar.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:36 PM
fourstringdrums

From the Movie AirHeads:

When Van Halen split up, whose side did you take, Van Halen or Roth?

Um...Roth.

HE'S A COP!

Wait wait, I mean Roth!

GET OUT OF HERE!

Oh c'mon guys, they sold a lot of records after Dave left the group!
Old 08-17-2007, 10:37 PM
da cheese walks

im a fan of Dave....i think hes hilarious...i also like his solo stuff....

but i reckon hes an ass in person and to work with...seems like the original "Ortist"...wont work with anybody positively...

Van Halen back touring....its just like Ozzy,The Police, etc...all the older bands who had "Artistic Differences" joining back together and touring....money....nothing more....no artistic revalation.....we all know it...

they may release an album and totally sully the name Van halen forever....

i dont know...
Old 08-18-2007, 05:40 PM

You can see in the clip (hopefully anyway) David has toned it down for the sake of reuniting w/the V.H. brothers. I am interested to hear what the "new" band will sound like. After watching this clip last night, I had to break out "Fair Warning" on the way to work. With out a doubt one of their best albums. Alex is one of my top three influences and listening to V.H. will NEVER get old. It's plain and simple, They are one of the best rock bands ever.
The Dave/Sammy debate is like comparing Pizza to Cheeseburgers. Both are great and different at the same time. If I was hungry I would eat either one. The Pizza or Cheeseburger of course. David and Sammy both made an impact w/V.H. If I had to choose between their respective cd's, Both being good.................It would have to be DLR.

Mikey B
IM me on MSN @ mikeybbdrummin@hotmail.com
OR Email me @ mikeybbdrummin@yahoo.com
Old 08-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
This won't last long.
It just figures that they finally do get Dave back in, and Michael leaves while Eddie's kid takes over on bass. I guess the fan's wanting to see a FULL VH reunion will never happen, and before anyone nitpicks about Michael, his backing vocals were part of the VH sound. So without him, something is missing.
I totally agree with you, it's not the same w/o Michael. I'm not saying that Wolfgang isn't good because I'm sure he is (having his dad's DNA, he's probably phenomenal). But I think they even said in the press conference that it's not a "reunion".

I personally love the Van Hagar lineup, but there are a ton of Roth fans...and I liked him to a certain degree. I saw the press conference on VH1 and I don't know why all 4 of them had microphones because Roth answered most of the questions anyway or jumped in on the answers! We'll see how long it lasts and it should be interesting to hear some new stuff.

birch
Old 08-24-2007, 01:53 AM
Pioneer Member

So they didn't ask M.A. to go on tour with them. At least he's dealing with a positive attitude. I think it's funny they replaced his picture on the V.H. website but then switched back after everyone b*tched.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/156...an_halen.jhtml