DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 08-13-2007, 11:54 PM

Default My Brand new Ddrums Diods, with OC snare

So recently I sold my Yamaha set, which were 3 up 1 down. I got comfortable at playing with toms in that order. Then recently I heard this DDrum, and was amazed! Although it was 1 up 2 down with sizes 14,16,18. I never thought acrylics could sound so nice. For the price, I defiantly didnít think I could get a set that sounded so good. It's tight, and VERY loud. I donít think the standard diodes come with a 26in bass drum. I then decided to get a snare with a crack that could pierce the sound of the loud deep drums. I went with this OC snare, and put an Aquarian power house snare head, which gives me the feel like back in my drum line days. Finally I found these paiste cymbals that are so bright it contrasts very well with the set. Iím still working on some more drums and cymbals to add, but need to pay this stuff off first. Tell me what you guys think?

Old 08-14-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: My Brand new Ddrums Diods, with OC snare

i think "why the hell is your bass drum not on the set?" i was going to get this exact same kit off ebay for 999.99 and the snare, but i dont have 999.99. i really dig that snare even though im not a fan of white on white. but hell it looks cool with the black head. and if i were you i'd put a 24" k lite ride and play barker every day but thats just me. nice kit, i love it
Old 08-14-2007, 01:31 AM
Silver Member

oh that is so beautiful...its perfect....I'm very envious bro, just the look I'd want!!
Old 08-14-2007, 01:36 AM

thanks man, i accually like to play alot of groove stuff. I change my style around almost everyday. I love playing to some carlos santana/dave matthews band/slipknot. Even though this set doesn't really look like the type to change from all those styles it really does.

Here's a lil of the metal i play:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...e-09eeaeadcf3c

Also, the bass was in that room for tuning purposes.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:46 AM
Silver Member

Not quite my thing bro, but very well performed!! Glad ya got away from the monkeys and bears!!
I always love acrylic kits, sadly they're associated with JB so some ppl think you're copying!! But with an unusual colouring like yours, you get away from that!!
I was looking at RCI Vistalite kits [theres one guy in England thats a dealer] but couldnt justify the £££/$$$ for a kit that I use at home exclusively! So Rolands....
But rest assured bro; when I sit behind my 1up 2down TD3s next....I will close my eyes and be transported to behind those green diodes!!
Clean them regularly, and let us know when you get some recording done on them!!!
Old 08-14-2007, 02:51 AM

thanks alot man, i'm happy you like them. As for copying; my style is nothing like JB. I don't really listen to him. I also really don't like that style of music. I'm not a metal head by no means. The only thing i like about metal is the drumline style playing that comes with it. What's funny about me is; after practice me and one of our guitarist get together and jam out to some john mayer every so often. As for the recording on that myspace, it's done on an old old yamaha rock tour costume.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:03 AM
Platinum Member

you didn't record this metal did you? is this your band?

Old 08-14-2007, 03:32 AM

here's the thread man:

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29110
Old 08-14-2007, 04:04 AM
Platinum Member

well your band is awesome, it's hard to get a good opinion on here because most people don't like the heavy stuff, but man that was sweet playing and your whole band is going somewhere where the S's are spelled "$"

and how does this drumkit compare to the one you recorded with, i see a lot of cymbals but not as many as here.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:20 AM

thanks a ton man. Again metal isn't really my thing, but jason and derrick are such good guitarist i dont mind playing. It was recorded on this yamaha tour custom. Zildjian Zs, As, and old school rock crash's. Although recently i found a better bass player where i live. He plays more my style, so right now im kinda split. But thanks for the appreciation

Old 08-14-2007, 04:24 AM
Platinum Member

I got to see and here the Ddrum Diode several years ago, at a NAMM show. Yngwie J. Malmsteen's drummer was playin' a red kit, and it sounded awesome. Same sizes you have.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:37 AM
Gold Member

That's sick, I like yall's tunes. Song 1 was amazing. Really tight playing! Friended.

On to the drums. Pretty stuff. I dig the big BD.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:25 PM

yeah man i was thinking some green christmas lights would look hot around the toms. A cool feature on this set is; on the rims thier is a small glow in the dark strip. Pretty cool.