DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 08-12-2007, 03:48 PM

Default My New Kit (Mapex)

This came on friday.
The cymbal set is just a Meinl MCS performance set, as ive not been playing a very long time (almost a year now). My cymbal collection will improve and expand soon.
I'm looking at getting a Wuhan china within the next few months, and i'd love a Meinl extra dry Byzance ride. Also, im quite keen on getting a set of Bosphorus Antique hats.

But anyways:

Mapex M Birch in Honey Amber (i could stare at the kit for hours! the finish is amazing)

Kit:
22" Bass drum
8", 10", 12" and 14" toms
14" Snare
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: My New Kit (Mapex)

I'm staring too. stunning finish n great kit!! Now go grab some sticks! : )
Old 08-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Platinum Member

That is a fantastic finish. As I'm sure you'll hear soon from Fijjibo and others, the M Birch is apparently an excellent kit for the price.

I akways like seeing real pictures of Mapex kits because all I normally see are the computer-generated kits in their ads, which don't look too attractive. The real deal looks great, though, definitely. Oh, and a driver's seat pic would be appreciated, even though it looks like you're packed into that corner.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
I'm staring too. stunning finish n great kit!! Now go grab some sticks! : )
Oh i have many pairs, half of them are on a shelf out of view, the rest are up in the house with my Roland kit. For the record i have a pair of Zildjian DIP sticks, Omar Hakim signature Vic Firth sticks, Danny Carey signature Vic Firth sticks, and 3 or four cheap pairs for practise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youenjoy00myself View Post
That is a fantastic finish. As I'm sure you'll hear soon from Fijjibo and others, the M Birch is apparently an excellent kit for the price.

I akways like seeing real pictures of Mapex kits because all I normally see are the computer-generated kits in their ads, which don't look too attractive. The real deal looks great, though, definitely. Oh, and a driver's seat pic would be appreciated, even though it looks like you're packed into that corner.
I tried taking a driver's seat pic but trying to look at the camera screen while its pressed up against my chest ended up make me go light headed, and my eyes started to hurt. I did get one thats not bad which i'll post for you. And ye its a pretty tight fit, but its cosy.

Unfortunately the pics not great, and i couldn't get the whole kit in, (also im still messing around with the positioning, so by now it will have changed ever so slightly):
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2007, 06:34 PM

Nice kit, I love the finish, and as stated above, this is one of the of Mapex kits I have really thought look great, especially for not having to be the "top of the line" kit.

I was going to comment too on being so tucked away in a corner. I can see that you don't have a ton of room to move out from the wall but may I suggest turning you kit to face the other way. Unless you have band practices at your house where, obviously, you need to look out to the rest of the band, you try turning it around. I can see potential for some bad habits occuring with the lack of elbow room for the floor tom and ride. I had the same problem when I first started but fortunately I was able to just put my kit in a better spot with a little furniture relocation.

Enjoy the new kit, looks great.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youenjoy00myself View Post
Damn straight....

lol

Yes - they are, and I would recommend them to anyone - even Steve Gadd.

I also think this particular Amber finish is very nice, similar to the red colour in that it looks like candy....

Im back (unofficialy) with Pro.Mark Drumsticks. (TX5ABW)
Old 08-12-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer30 View Post
Nice kit, I love the finish, and as stated above, this is one of the of Mapex kits I have really thought look great, especially for not having to be the "top of the line" kit.

I was going to comment too on being so tucked away in a corner. I can see that you don't have a ton of room to move out from the wall but may I suggest turning you kit to face the other way. Unless you have band practices at your house where, obviously, you need to look out to the rest of the band, you try turning it around. I can see potential for some bad habits occuring with the lack of elbow room for the floor tom and ride. I had the same problem when I first started but fortunately I was able to just put my kit in a better spot with a little furniture relocation.

Enjoy the new kit, looks great.
Ye i think i will do, thanks for the suggestion =] Even though it doesn't look it there is quite a bit of room there, i mean i can walk out of the corner between the hats and the wall, granted in incredibly skinny, but you're right, need more room.

Thanks for the kind words about the kit everyone
Old 08-12-2007, 08:43 PM

Awesome finish!!! Absolutely killer and great tom sizes to.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:56 PM

Looks awesome man.
Bet it sounds great too.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:25 AM

Awesome kit man, I really like the finish. I recently got a Mapex too (Saturn) and it is real quality. I've heard the same thing about the M Birch's.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:32 AM
Silver Member

Mapex M Birch kits are great kits. You cant beat them for the money and they sound great too. Your set looks great...enjoy it! Your finish looks killer. That is the one thing that probably stuck me the most when I went to pick up my kit, was the finish. Mapex is doing a great job.