DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 08-09-2007, 01:19 AM
Jusstickinaround

Default Premier Yamaha

Ok so I found two more kits a 60's Premier in Black Diamond Pearl, 13,16 22, and a Yamaha in 12,16,22. He said he thought the Yamaha was a Recording Custom, I don't think it is, can anyone help? Anyone know anything about the Premiers? Thanks.

Last edited by Jusstickinaround; 08-09-2007 at 04:57 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Premier Yamaha

Not 100 % sure but I think the Yamaha set might be the OLD Tour custom or Turbo Tour Custom.?.? The badges and lugs kind of look like the same as a kit that a friend of mine has. Do the spurs look like the current ones on the upper line models?

Both sets are nice.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:03 AM
Jusstickinaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW Drums View Post
Not 100 % sure but I think the Yamaha set might be the OLD Tour custom or Turbo Tour Custom.?.? The badges and lugs kind of look like the same as a kit that a friend of mine has. Do the spurs look like the current ones on the upper line models?

Both sets are nice.
The spurs are like the current upper line. I think the Premier is from the early eighties, but I'm not sure of what kind of wood they are made from.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:36 AM

My friend's kit has the same spurs. Not sure, but I believe the black kit that Larry Mullen Jr played live (Joshua Tree era) is the same series drums.?.? Anyway,it looks like it from the pictures I've seen. Yamaha makes great drums-you wouldn't go wrong with them or the Premier. Just a matter of what you like best. Let us know what you decide.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Jusstickinaround

Are there any Yamaha guys that know if this is a Recording custom or Tour custom? I heard that possibly the first Recording customs had lugs like this one. If not is $650 too high for a Tour custom? Thanks.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:52 AM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusstickinaround View Post
Are there any Yamaha guys that know if this is a Recording custom or Tour custom? I heard that possibly the first Recording customs had lugs like this one. If not is $650 too high for a Tour custom? Thanks.
I believe that's a Tour Custom. I've never seen Recording Customs with split lugs. If there are, then that would make the kit to be late 70's I believe and this kit doesn't look that old.

It doesn't say on the badge?
Old 08-11-2007, 12:55 AM
fourstringdrums

Actually I believe these may be called Tour 9000 Series Recording Custom, at least according to an Ebay auction I was once watching;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=009

He wound up selling this kit, with some dings and scratches and two broken lug screws for $639, so $650 is a great deal.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:01 AM

Its not a recording cutom for sure.. I can recognize those lugs from a mile away.