DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 12-10-2006, 06:19 PM

Default pearl eliminators

I was curious what pedals drummers like Joey J. and Flo M. use in their music. They have incredible speed and control with their bass technique. I found they use pearl eliminators! To me, it seems like an intermediate pedal because of its price and look ( I have never played one though), yet these professionals play them. Is there something I'm missing about this pedal?
Old 12-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: pearl eliminators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash Drummer View Post
I was curious what pedals drummers like Joey J. and Flo M. use in their music. They have incredible speed and control with their bass technique. I found they use pearl eliminators! To me, it seems like an intermediate pedal because of its price and look ( I have never played one though), yet these professionals play them. Is there something I'm missing about this pedal?
first off, make sure yu search before you post. 2nd, Joey Jordinson uses Sonor. Not sure what Flo uses though...... But you really do need to use the search button, : )
Peace
AGR
Old 12-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama Player View Post
first off, make sure yu search before you post. 2nd, Joey Jordinson uses Sonor. Not sure what Flo uses though...... But you really do need to use the search button.
Joey does not play on Sonor drums. I don't know were you got that information but Joey is a Pearl endorser, just like Flo.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Synthetik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum-Head View Post
Joey does not play on Sonor drums. I don't know were you got that information but Joey is a Pearl endorser, just like Flo.

That would go a long way in explaining this:

And this:
Old 12-10-2006, 08:26 PM

I have to say that you need to go to a local Guitar Center and try the pedals side by side and see for your self, who cares what someone else uses its what feels good for you. I just bought a pearl power shifter Eliminator pedal and i originaly went to buy a DW 9000 and after i tried both pedals i walked out with a pearl, and saved 130 bucks to !!!

Last edited by yzf125; 12-10-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Silver Member

Sorry for being such a freak correcting everybody, but it's a Power Shifter Eliminator, the Power Stroke is a Remo product.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetik View Post
That would go a long way in explaining this
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

*has a stroke*
Old 12-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Synthetik

Quote:
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

*has a stroke*
What? you mean you don't want one right now? Don't you want to build a shrine to Joey Jordinson and invite friends over to see how cool a room with nothing but black stuff and goofy symbols in it looks? :P

Did you have a regular stroke or a power stroke? :D
Old 12-11-2006, 11:04 PM

Quote:

i felt the same way about these... i went into Guitar Center looking at DW's and possibly an Iron Cobra. after a short while i "eliminated" (no pun intended) the cobra. i have nothing against it, i just wasnt a fan of the beaters or the actual platforms. it was then that i was between the DW and -what suprised me at the time- the pearl. I made my choice and i have to say, pearl was the right one. but pedals of any kind are really a touchy-feely type thing. price or "proffesionality" have nothing to do with it, in my opinion. just get out there and try them out as if they didnt have names on them, whatever you like is best.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzf125 View Post
I have to say that you need to go to a local Guitar Center and try the pedals side by side and see for your self, who cares what someone else uses its what feels good for you. I just bought a pearl power shifter Eliminator pedal and i originaly went to buy a DW 9000 and after i tried both pedals i walked out with a pearl, and saved 130 bucks to !!!
Good choice, for a not top-line pedal for a company, i think the power shifter is great, but i think it wouldve been a little more worth it if you bought the DW 5000 for price. Unless you really liked the powershifter that much.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:07 AM
Gold Member

I love the Pearl pedals. I like the feel of them over my Trick Pro1 V pedals. And they have a three year warrenty. They also have a spiffy carry case.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:30 AM

Joey is a pearl drummer He does not use the eliminators though, he uses iron cobras. And I am pretty sure he has never used sonor.I have never heard anything about him using sonor until I read this.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:36 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
let explain, he uses sonor PEDALS. Sorry, i really need to be more spacific, ; )
Old 12-12-2006, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdrummer View Post
Joey is a pearl drummer He does not use the eliminators though, he uses iron cobras. And I am pretty sure he has never used sonor.I have never heard anything about him using sonor until I read this.
As far as I'm aware Joey uses eliminators actually - he used to use cobras and then came onboard with the eliminators as well a few months ago I thought.

Anyway, the eliminators are top line pedals - I didn't think there was any confusion over that? They're way more adjustable than any others, they feel great and they're the best pedals I've used - much preferred to DW 5 or 9 thousands, IC's and thing. The only others I'd like to try are the sonors, but they're more expensive anyway so why bother when I'm happy with my elims.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:42 AM

I'll have to look in to that I haven't heard about him switching from the cobras
Old 12-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama Player View Post
let explain, he uses sonor PEDALS. Sorry, i really need to be more spacific, ; )
I don't know where you got that info either - there is no history (that I know of or found) of him using Sonor pedals. From what is on the net has been using Eliminators since he switched to Pearl.

I agree with Sesh; the particularity of the Elims. is that they are very adjustable pedals. If you fiddle around, you can get nearly whatever feel you want out of them.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A Drummer View Post
Good choice, for a not top-line pedal for a company, i think the power shifter is great, but i think it wouldve been a little more worth it if you bought the DW 5000 for price. Unless you really liked the powershifter that much.
Do you actually read what you post?

How is it not a top line pedal? To my knowledge its the top of the line pedal that Pearl make.

And yes the Eliminator powershifter is great..I have owned one for over a year now and am still adjusting it :)
Old 12-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
I don't know where you got that info either - there is no history (that I know of or found) of him using Sonor pedals. From what is on the net has been using Eliminators since he switched to Pearl.

I agree with Sesh; the particularity of the Elims. is that they are very adjustable pedals. If you fiddle around, you can get nearly whatever feel you want out of them.
This what i have heard, cant say im absolutley sure either. But anyway, about the pedal, they are pretty much infinitley adjustable, in fact i almost bought a pair yesterday ( i bought the Tama HP200 instead) but its really stable too, you can give it hell and it will last a very long time. ( with proper care)
Old 06-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Silver Member

Go for it, man! They're my second favorite bass drum pedal. Of course, nothing can top my Axis, but still, it's worth a try ... :P
Old 06-29-2007, 03:43 AM

I'm switching from Iron Cobras to the Pearl Eliminators. To me, they are much more smooth. Thats just my opinion though.

** And for the record, Joey used iron cobras, but then went to the eliminators for their vol. 3 subliminal messages cd.**
Old 06-29-2007, 11:57 PM

I checked out the DWs, Iron Cobras, Yammies 9410, Speed King and found the Pearl to be the most stable. I can't comment on the smoothness because I felt the Iron Cobra, and Yammie was just as smooth as was the DW. However the Iron Cobra felt top heavy to me. When I started to lean on it, it wanted to wobble. Sing it with me...Higher center of gravity. To me, that should be one of the important design criterea when designing a pedal...Drop that centriod as much as you can. Aside from the tech jargen, it was an immediate turnoff.

The Pearl did not do this at all, nor did the Yammie, but the Yammie suffers from a design flaw ( you cannot adjust the beater to all heights ). I'm not impressed with DW - sorry. There stuff looks good and weighs a ton. However, weight isn't always a reflection of how strong a product is and my DW7000 began to squeeck almost immediately after I purchased it. That makes the operating cost higher and something else to worry about. I don't have time for that.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:40 AM

For those in dout to what equipement Joey uses, this should settle all of it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Jo...mset_Standards
Old 07-28-2007, 07:56 PM

http://drummerworld.com/Videos/joeyj...oundcheck.html

I believe these are Pearl Eliminators
Old 07-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
They have incredible speed and control with their bass technique. I found they use pearl eliminators! ( I have never played one though) Is there something I'm missing about this pedal?
What you're missing is "you've never played one", first-off. Second, these cats could get on 30 year old Camco pedals and shred. Having a Trick or Axis or DW9000 in and off itself is not gonna make you a double-pedal god. Get a pedal that feels good "to you", that's what's important. And then practice, practice, practice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dea View Post

but the Yammie suffers from a design flaw ( you cannot adjust the beater to all heights ).
I played a 20, a 22, a 24, a 26 and a 28 inch kick drum with my Yamaha FDDD single pedal, And use it on a Roland KD-7 kick trigger wothout using an inverted beater. How much more beater height adjustment do you require?