DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 07-13-2007, 04:35 AM

Default Hauling hardware.

I do not have an actual hardware (stands) kit bag, or case. I use a plastic container box, kind of like a tupperware, or Tucker brand with the lid, that is large enough, but when fully loaded, it's obviously very heavy and bulky.
I was wondering what the masses here use to handle this situation.
BTW, my car is a Neon, and I am able to get my entire kit into it, but the one item of difficulty is my hardware box. It all JUST fits.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:23 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Hauling hardware.

how and the heck you get it in a Neon?...do you have a jungle set?...jp. but what i use is n old suitcase and i reinforced it with a piece of plywood. but being a neon...that wont work...they make Hardware bags..........link: http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/pro...u=549688%2e778
and they make others too..that is just the cheapest one...so, hope it helped!

Alex
CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY
Old 07-13-2007, 05:40 AM

I use an EMS camping back pack everything but the hi hat stand fits in but I'm selling all my hardware for lighter flat base stands so everything shoud fit.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:08 AM

I use this. Cheap yet durable.

You can't get around the heaviness and bulkiness of a full hardware bag, though. I use a small hardware setup and use stands on the lighter side but it's still really heavy. I can only imagine the pain of gigging with a full rack and a bunch of cymbal holders.

Last edited by JIM_fear; 07-13-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:31 PM

yo i got a neon too. i bought it off my older brother when i turned 16. anyways i got a trunk at walmart and it fits all of my hardware and its got wheels. thats not why i got it but ive used it for it a couple of times. i only have 5 stands that i always use but im always adding things and that means more stands and it works. im going to buy an actual case soon so thats what id suggest.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

I use an old holdall bag to put my stands in. Break them down into sections and use the memory locks and it all fits in and reassembles with no fuss at all.

Here's a picture of the kind of car I have. I can get my five piece with everything PLUS my guitar setup in here.

Why you guys are complaining about fitting the drums into a Neon, I'll never know. I got my drums into this car quite easily the other day with the back seats down.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Platinum Member

I used my Air Force duffle bag for years to haul my hardware around in until i finally bought a hardware case with wheels.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member

I splashed out on a Protection Racket Hardware Case with wheels.

The best thing for hardware ever IMO.

Im back (unofficialy) with Pro.Mark Drumsticks. (TX5ABW)
Old 07-25-2007, 05:50 AM
Pioneer Member

I use the Protechtor stand case I bought about ten years ago (good investment) most of the time or I use some duffle bags. By the way, does anyone else here have to tell help-friendly people to not lift the cases by the straps?
I had one nimrod pick my stand up by the strap and the clasp broke! All the girls laughed at him.....glad nobody got hurt!

Mike

http://www.mikemccraw.com
http://www.dominoretroplate.com

http://www.youtube.com/drummermikemccraw
http://www.myspace.com/drummermikemccraw
Old 07-25-2007, 07:00 AM
Silver Member

When I first started (many moons ago before I could afford cases), I used to "roll" my hardware up in my carpet. The carpet had to be rolled anyway, so I'd just roll the stands up in it. Now I have TOO many cases.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Platinum Member

I recently found an old pizza delivery bag in my closet, which has since become my cymbal case. It can hold up to a 20" cymbal. Working very nice so far, and delivers my cymbals smoking hot.

MFB - It's all about the Tetris.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Hahaha... the bass player in the band I've somehow accidentally gotten into wrote 'Tetris' on the side of his car after taking all the guitars and amps to a gig once. I was taking the drums. He fitted a large Laney bass amp, a Marshall 100 Watt combo and a Marshall Half Stack Cabinet along with two basses and three guitars in the back of his car, which isn't any larger than mine. The PA had to go in a third car.

I got my drums into my car today and had no problems fitting it in. I don't understand how you WOULD have any issues getting things in, I had enough space to put my acoustic guitar in the back still!
Old 07-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ View Post
I recently found an old pizza delivery bag in my closet, which has since become my cymbal case. It can hold up to a 20" cymbal. Working very nice so far, and delivers my cymbals smoking hot.
HAHA!. Someone should come out with cymbal cases that look like other round things - CDs, LPs, pizzas, pizza boxes, tires, wheels, etc. etc.

As for hauling hardware, I use an SKB hardshell plastic case, originally designed for putting your golf bag into. It's heavy and bulky, but the wheels make it easy to transport. I It's big enough that I don't have to break down my stands extensively, saving me time.

When it comes to hauling drums, there is money, time and space. Spending more on one of them will allow you to spend less on the other two.