DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 06-15-2007, 03:38 AM
Platinum Member

Default New Gibraltar Products.....i think?

i was sitting in the library today at school, and there was an artical in a Canadian music magazine.....it was about the Gibraltar Catapult bass pedal, and the Ultra adjust high hat stand. i dont know if these are new but ive never seen them before, anyone have them? the bass pedal looks like a very creative idea
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2007, 04:01 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: New Gibraltar Products.....i think?

I think I saw the catapult on the forums a month or so back, and I saw the hi-hat stand recently in a drum shop. The Hi-hat stand doesn't impress me, because a cable hat would be much easier to position how you want IMO, and it only costs $40 more to get anywhere between 2 and 8 feet of cable.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:22 AM
Platinum Member

Yeah, Modern Drummer mentioned the Hi-Hat stand, what's the deal with the pedal? What does it do?
Old 06-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Platinum Member

its a good idea, instead of relying on shafts and axels and bearings to make it smooth, it just depends on the surface of the beaters arm

Old 06-17-2007, 12:30 AM

here;s your answer: http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/?fa...&sid=75&cid=26

also came out with a new "dome drum throne" here it is: http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/?fa...sid=363&cid=37
Old 06-17-2007, 02:03 AM
Pioneer Member

I've tried out both products. The pedal takes a while to get used to. It relys on the foot movement and doesn't use a chain. Kind of like a Direct Drive. The Hi hat stand is useless to me though.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:49 PM

throne looks like a chair I have for my desk:
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Silver Member

I only tried the hi hat stand and it was okay; I guess I'm just so used to using my Iron Cobra stand. I do think it's a great idea because I know I certainly would like to have my hats closer to me when using a double pedal...but I'd rather go with an actual cable hat if I was going to.

birch
Old 06-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member

The pedal is pretty much a 'toy'. It feels flimsy and the foot board height is NOT adjustable. I was afraid I would break it if I laid into it. The tension spring has limited adjustment value, I couldn't get it past 'mouse power' even when maxed out. The attachment where the beaters main 'stalk' meets the foot plate is feeble and I can see it failing here easily.... unless you play with the force of a small child. IMO the 'egonomic' bullsheet they use in the marketing jive is silly, the foot board goes up and down, the exact same motion as any pedal. My rating: Lame.

The HH is not that high quality either, the rod does not tighten (it spins freely) and the whole stand has a cheap feel about it and get this, it doesn't fold nicely for transport, you have to spend time (oh jesus!) taking it apart. le' cable doesn't come apart. My recomendation is do not buy either until you have tried them. You may find a use for the HH, though if your used to anything of quality, this will scare you away. The foot pedal is going to bomb, only a buy if you want a limited issue collectors item. I'll bet $ both won't see a second run.

Last edited by Les Ismore; 07-01-2007 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:08 PM

I just got the catapult pedal and i think its pretty damn awesome. it takes a LOT of getting used to and the adjustability might become an issue but the action is just so smooth. I play heel-toe and this pedal is a god send, cause its huge and its not got any heel plate. Finding longboards was an issue for me, cause i have big(ish) feet and heel toe was being a bugger to do, so i was playing eliminators, but they just wernt that good to be honest.

All in all an awesome product that has its drawbacks, just like any other pedal on the market.

To each his own i say :)

x