DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-14-2007, 03:34 PM
ZildjianMan1023's Avatar
ZildjianMan1023 ZildjianMan1023 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 771
Default Epiphanys

so there is this girl right whom plays the drums.. and she always feels superior to me in playing so we decided to have a drum off.. but outside of drums i guess you could say were friends i mean were cool and all.. so yesterday were talking and i just had an epiphany right then and there i was like.. hmm i dont have to prove anything
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-14-2007, 06:53 PM
brittc89's Avatar
brittc89 brittc89 is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,490
Default Re: Epiphanys

You are very right, music is not a competition, its a sharing of ideals. Its the international language yet so many people (including myself until recently) still feel like they need to treat like some football game where you have to be better than everyone else. Just do your own thing and the music will flow.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-14-2007, 06:54 PM
DestinationDrumming's Avatar
DestinationDrumming DestinationDrumming is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 367
Default Re: Epiphanys

Hey fella, If you like her just ask her out!

Lot less hassle than a drum off!
__________________
OK, OK It's back to rudiments for me! I'll be back in a few months
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-14-2007, 07:53 PM
ZildjianMan1023's Avatar
ZildjianMan1023 ZildjianMan1023 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 771
Default Re: Epiphanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationDrumming View Post
Hey fella, If you like her just ask her out!

Lot less hassle than a drum off!
hahaha.. no no no.. were just friends.. i just wish shed respect the fact that i dont suck
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-14-2007, 08:24 PM
baz's Avatar
baz baz is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 971
Default Re: Epiphanys

...don't have to prove anything...

She must have really kicked your butt.

barry
__________________
...if you can't keep it civil, at least make it funny.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-14-2007, 09:21 PM
tamadrummer132's Avatar
tamadrummer132 tamadrummer132 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 934
Default Re: Epiphanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz View Post
...don't have to prove anything...

She must have really kicked your butt.

barry

lmao


2020202020
__________________
CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY
muauahauha.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Michael G's Avatar
Michael G Michael G is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunbury, PA
Posts: 956
Default Re: Epiphanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZildjianMan1023 View Post
so there is this girl right whom plays the drums.. and she always feels superior to me in playing so we decided to have a drum off.. but outside of drums i guess you could say were friends i mean were cool and all.. so yesterday were talking and i just had an epiphany right then and there i was like.. hmm i dont have to prove anything
So who won the drum off?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-14-2007, 10:20 PM
That Guy's Avatar
That Guy That Guy is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,655
Default Re: Epiphanys

Did you throw down some good ole (payola) beats? *Just had and idea for a thread topic*
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-14-2007, 10:45 PM
DestinationDrumming's Avatar
DestinationDrumming DestinationDrumming is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 367
Default Re: Epiphanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZildjianMan1023 View Post
hahaha.. no no no.. were just friends.. i just wish shed respect the fact that i dont suck
She's probably insecure about her own playing and thinks that by criticising you it will put you off the scent! Or she's a big headed cow in which case she ain't worth bothering about!
__________________
OK, OK It's back to rudiments for me! I'll be back in a few months
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-14-2007, 10:53 PM
fourstringdrums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Epiphanys

You don't have to prove anything. I've always had the attitude of "You probably are better than me". I don't need to prove anything, and I could care less if someone is better than me or not.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-14-2007, 10:54 PM
ZildjianMan1023's Avatar
ZildjianMan1023 ZildjianMan1023 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 771
Default Re: Epiphanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationDrumming View Post
She's probably insecure about her own playing and thinks that by criticising you it will put you off the scent! Or she's a big headed cow in which case she ain't worth bothering about!

lmao.. the drum off never took place.. but i mean all of my bandmates and freinds consistently tell me that id kill her in a drum off and shes heard me play before so im thinking its insecurity.. its odd though when i was going to talk to her about the drum off she totally changed subject wowzas
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Michael G's Avatar
Michael G Michael G is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunbury, PA
Posts: 956
Default Re: Epiphanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZildjianMan1023 View Post
lmao.. the drum off never took place.. but i mean all of my bandmates and freinds consistently tell me that id kill her in a drum off and shes heard me play before so im thinking its insecurity.. its odd though when i was going to talk to her about the drum off she totally changed subject wowzas
That means you have the leverage.

Drum off! Film it and put it on youtube.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-15-2007, 02:13 AM
ZildjianMan1023's Avatar
ZildjianMan1023 ZildjianMan1023 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 771
Default Re: Epiphanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothJazz View Post
That means you have the leverage.

Drum off! Film it and put it on youtube.

are you kidding me ppl will be placing bets and what not.. haha it should happen and then ill post it on youtube guys =)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-15-2007, 06:36 AM
stasz's Avatar
stasz stasz is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Illinois, US
Posts: 2,187
Default Re: Epiphanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationDrumming View Post
Hey fella, If you like her just ask her out!

Lot less hassle than a drum off!
I beg to differ...

YEM
__________________
"If you think you're more important than the drums, you've got another thing coming." -Tony Williams
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-16-2007, 03:16 AM
ZildjianMan1023's Avatar
ZildjianMan1023 ZildjianMan1023 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 771
Default Re: Epiphanys

yem? im horrible with acryonyms
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-16-2007, 06:04 AM
stasz's Avatar
stasz stasz is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Illinois, US
Posts: 2,187
Default Re: Epiphanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZildjianMan1023 View Post
yem? im horrible with acryonyms
That's my screename, I saw your thread about acronyms, actually.

Acronyms can get annoying... IMHO.

YEM

(lol)
__________________
"If you think you're more important than the drums, you've got another thing coming." -Tony Williams
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-17-2007, 02:22 AM
ZildjianMan1023's Avatar
ZildjianMan1023 ZildjianMan1023 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 771
Default Re: Epiphanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by youenjoy00myself View Post
That's my screename, I saw your thread about acronyms, actually.

Acronyms can get annoying... IMHO.

YEM

(lol)
hardy har har .. why does it have to be twenty characters anyway?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-17-2007, 05:28 AM
stasz's Avatar
stasz stasz is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Illinois, US
Posts: 2,187
Default Re: Epiphanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZildjianMan1023 View Post
hardy har har .. why does it have to be twenty characters anyway?
I wouldn't know... I guess so you don't go around having one-syllable replies, but you'd have to ask someone with a little more knowledge about the history of DW.

It has really become a staple of the forum to fill up the twenty characters though. I want to meet the member that's never done it.

Come to think of it, I've never seen DrummerKarl say it...

YEM
__________________
"If you think you're more important than the drums, you've got another thing coming." -Tony Williams
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-17-2007, 03:07 PM
jonescrusher's Avatar
jonescrusher jonescrusher is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 2,176
Default Re: Epiphanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by youenjoy00myself View Post

It has really become a staple of the forum to fill up the twenty characters though. I want to meet the member that's never done it.

YEM

No, not a staple, it's become a curse of this forum. There are only certain members that have so little to say. OK, there may be the odd occasion where a single word answer will do, but the majority of these 20 character jobs are totally pointless. At least think of something educational or amusin, a favourite saying or line of poetry for example....
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-17-2007, 04:12 PM
stasz's Avatar
stasz stasz is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Illinois, US
Posts: 2,187
Default Re: Epiphanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescrusher View Post
No, not a staple, it's become a curse of this forum. There are only certain members that have so little to say. OK, there may be the odd occasion where a single word answer will do, but the majority of these 20 character jobs are totally pointless. At least think of something educational or amusin, a favourite saying or line of poetry for example....
It's a staple.

There once was a man from Peru who dreamt he was eating his shoe. He woke with a fright in the middle of the night to find that his dream had come true.
__________________
"If you think you're more important than the drums, you've got another thing coming." -Tony Williams
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-17-2007, 05:54 PM
Big_Philly
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Epiphanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothJazz View Post
Drum off! Film it and put it on youtube.
Don't! I think you would lose her as friend if you'd humiliate her if she's so insecure.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-17-2007, 11:33 PM
ZildjianMan1023's Avatar
ZildjianMan1023 ZildjianMan1023 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 771
Default Re: Epiphanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Philly View Post
Don't! I think you would lose her as friend if you'd humiliate her if she's so insecure.
you might be right man.. she might be so insecure about her playing that shell throw away her drums and hate me.. i dont want that now do i?.. haha nope i dont
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-18-2007, 12:18 AM
harryconway's Avatar
harryconway harryconway is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pasadena, California, U.S.A.
Posts: 9,110
Default Re: Epiphanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZildjianMan1023 View Post
drum off.... hmm i dont have to prove anything
Congrats. There are only 2 things anyone can teach you. What to do and what not to do.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com