DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Mdrummer's Avatar
Mdrummer Mdrummer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 118
Default Joey Castillo

Hi,
I couldn't find any thread about this (for me) incredible drummer, so i started one.
I really like his hard hitting, simple playing with QOTSA!
So what do you guys think about him?
Please send as many as you can pictures of him!!
Thnx!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Johnny from the block's Avatar
Johnny from the block Johnny from the block is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 208
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Queens is without doubt my favortite band, and has been for over 3 years, since I first got to know them.
Frankly, I find Joey really fits the band. And he certainly has the looks of a mean mexican kick ass drummer too. The one thing that bothers me, in his - apart from that perfect playing - is that he always seems to speed up songs. (check over the years and through the woods if you don't believe mee) This sometimes seems to make it difficult for josh to put up a decent solo or vocal line. But I noticed he only does this with the songs he didn't wrote himself. For instance: go with the flow, no one knows (indeed especially the songs for the deaf songs). I saw queens live at the Werchter festival about a week ago and they played very tight there. Castillo didn't speed up too much, and not even a bit with the Era Vulgaris songs.
So I guess Castillo is a very good drummer, who has written some great rythms (lullabies to paralyze, or e.g. Run, Pig, Run on the new Era Vulgaris. He is one of my favorite drummers for sure. But after hearing queens with Dave... Who could ever want something else.

Apart from queens I know that Joey also played with Danzig for a while. I don't know for how long (anybody?), but I think he was there on I.Lucifer. [wicked pussycat,...] Great band too, especially the classics like Mother and She Rides the Night, if you haven't heard of them, than certainly check them out.

cheers.
__________________
The Kit
The Band

|| Mosquito ||

Last edited by Johnny from the block; 07-11-2007 at 11:39 AM. Reason: spelling mistake :p
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Mdrummer's Avatar
Mdrummer Mdrummer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 118
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny from the block View Post
Queens is without doubt my favortite band, and has been for over 3 years, since I first got to know them.
Frankly, I find Joey really fits the band. And he certainly has the looks of a mean mexican kick ass drummer too. The one thing that bothers me, in his - apart from that perfect playing - is that he always seems to speed up songs. (check over the years and through the woods if you don't believe mee) This sometimes seems to make it difficult for josh to put up a decent solo or vocal line. But I noticed he only does this with the songs he didn't wrote himself. For instance: go with the flow, no one knows (indeed especially the songs for the deaf songs). I saw queens live at the Werchter festival about a week ago and they played very tight there. Castillo didn't speed up too much, and not even a bit with the Era Vulgaris songs.
So I guess Castillo is a very good drummer, who has written some great rythms (lullabies to paralyze, or e.g. Run, Pig, Run on the new Era Vulgaris. He is one of my favorite drummers for sure. But after hearing queens with Dave... Who could ever want something else.

Apart from queens I know that Joey also played with Danzig for a while. I don't know for how long (anybody?), but I think he was there on I.Lucifer. [wicked pussycat,...] Great band too, especially the classics like Mother and She Rides the Night, if you haven't heard of them, than certainly check them out.

cheers.
Thank you for informations, I didn't know about his speed ups, I never see QOTSA live, but I like his simple and hard playing.
I'm a huge fan of Danzig, but only fan of early work with Chuck Biscuits on drums.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Johnny from the block's Avatar
Johnny from the block Johnny from the block is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 208
Default Re: Joey Castillo

No problem, here, I got you some vids:
Regular No One Knows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mobUJVX3UCQ
Castillo's version: (btw sweet live-version) BUT: faster! checkit out yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haWVIaslEOs

(especially listen to: I realise your mine... (you see how josh has to concentrate to sing faster here...))
__________________
The Kit
The Band

|| Mosquito ||
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-11-2007, 05:27 PM
drum.lad's Avatar
drum.lad drum.lad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Limerick ireland
Posts: 291
Default Re: Joey Castillo

ya i love the guy his drumming is so simple and he is just as good if not better than dave grohl(and i worship dave) also his drums are beautiful on stage
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-13-2007, 12:46 AM
Johnny from the block's Avatar
Johnny from the block Johnny from the block is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 208
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drum.lad View Post
ya i love the guy his drumming is so simple and he is just as good if not better than dave grohl(and i worship dave) also his drums are beautiful on stage
ho ho ho... you can say a lot about joey, I fully respect him and like his playing, but no mather how you turn it, he is NOT better than dave man... no one is. His playing just isn't as brilliantly invented as daves. proof = compare Songs for The Deaf to Era Vulgaris. Joey always plays straightforward and on the beat, but some of the drumpieces of era vulgaris are a bit too simple I think. Groovy indeed... but it may have been a little more imo. Allthough I find run, pig, run (one of the best songs on the album) a great drumbeat and I love to play it to. anyway... this is Joeys thread so .. :)
__________________
The Kit
The Band

|| Mosquito ||
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-14-2007, 03:56 AM
TopCat's Avatar
TopCat TopCat is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Up river
Posts: 1,294
Default Re: Joey Castillo

He's moved over to Zildjian from Paiste now. Weird.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-14-2007, 08:48 AM
Mdrummer's Avatar
Mdrummer Mdrummer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 118
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
He's moved over to Zildjian from Paiste now. Weird.
Yes, and as I see he uses all K series, including new 24" K Light Ride,
awesome change from Paiste to Zildjian (at least fot me)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-14-2007, 11:36 AM
ghuyuiq ghuyuiq is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 69
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drum.lad View Post
his drums are beautiful on stage
I'll try to find a picture of a recent performance I saw, where he play acrylic drums...
His set looked so nice!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-14-2007, 01:45 PM
TopCat's Avatar
TopCat TopCat is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Up river
Posts: 1,294
Default Re: Joey Castillo

yeah, he recorded with them as well, according to some of their youtube updates before the album release. I wonder what brand they are, I'm pretty sure DW don't do acrylics, do they?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-15-2007, 03:44 AM
Ozzy Biz's Avatar
Ozzy Biz Ozzy Biz is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Behind you...
Posts: 1,464
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
yeah, he recorded with them as well, according to some of their youtube updates before the album release. I wonder what brand they are, I'm pretty sure DW don't do acrylics, do they?
No, they don't so acrylic kits. They did whip one up using someone else's shells for Tommy Lee for that Rockstar Supernova thing though.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-31-2007, 06:32 PM
ghuyuiq ghuyuiq is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 69
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Joey with his acrylic drums and zildjians:




(Sorry for the crappy quality but I couldn't save the video, so I had to take pictures of my screen...)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-31-2007, 06:46 PM
TopCat's Avatar
TopCat TopCat is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Up river
Posts: 1,294
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Just got the new rhythm today. There's an interview with him in there. The acrylics are OCDP shells with DW everything else.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-01-2007, 03:22 AM
Ozzy Biz's Avatar
Ozzy Biz Ozzy Biz is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Behind you...
Posts: 1,464
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
Just got the new rhythm today. There's an interview with him in there. The acrylics are OCDP shells with DW everything else.
Just as I suspected.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-01-2007, 04:03 AM
ZildjianMan1023's Avatar
ZildjianMan1023 ZildjianMan1023 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 771
Default Re: Joey Castillo

one of my influences hands down
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-02-2007, 05:52 PM
drum.lad's Avatar
drum.lad drum.lad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Limerick ireland
Posts: 291
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny from the block View Post
ho ho ho... you can say a lot about joey, I fully respect him and like his playing, but no mather how you turn it, he is NOT better than dave man... no one is. His playing just isn't as brilliantly invented as daves. proof = compare Songs for The Deaf to Era Vulgaris. Joey always plays straightforward and on the beat, but some of the drumpieces of era vulgaris are a bit too simple I think. Groovy indeed... but it may have been a little more imo. Allthough I find run, pig, run (one of the best songs on the album) a great drumbeat and I love to play it to. anyway... this is Joeys thread so .. :)
hey man i know he will never be better than dave i said he is just as good not better dave is still the better of the two and i am a huge fan of dave (going to see foos again this august).and i saw queens recently and those drums are amazing there miced so wel the bass could litreally restart your heart if it failed
__________________
WE'VE DONE FOUR ALREADY BUT NOW WERE STEADY AND THEN THEY WENT 1 2 3 4
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-09-2007, 07:20 PM
DWfan20005's Avatar
DWfan20005 DWfan20005 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Moncton,N.B,Canada
Posts: 159
Default Re: Joey Castillo

[quote=Mdrummer;334093]Hi,
I couldn't find any thread about this (for me) incredible drummer, so i started one.
I really like his hard hitting, simple playing with QOTSA!
So what do you guys think about him?
Please send as many as you can pictures of him!!
Thnx!!![/QUOTE

He'll never the same as Dave but he's just as good, imo. He can play just as loud as John Bonham and still make it groove. His drums sound, simply put, tough. He ranks up as one of my favorites but I won't mention the others since this topic is Joey Castillo.
__________________
Joey Jordison doesn't have to be mentioned in every drum thread, we know he's good.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-09-2007, 07:43 PM
driver's Avatar
driver driver is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sidcup UK
Posts: 752
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Yeah I really like Joey. He does play songs fast live but judging Josh's attitude to music and his band im sure if he wanted him to play slower he would make it very clear to him.

I was shocked about his change to Zildjian. They sound nice the crashes aren't as good as his Paiste!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-09-2007, 10:38 PM
bonzolead's Avatar
bonzolead bonzolead is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clarkston,MI.
Posts: 2,211
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
He's moved over to Zildjian from Paiste now. Weird.
not weird but WISE.

Bonzolead
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-09-2007, 10:41 PM
bonzolead's Avatar
bonzolead bonzolead is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clarkston,MI.
Posts: 2,211
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Hey is Joey related to the late Randy Castillo from OZZY?

Bonzolead
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-09-2007, 11:34 PM
drum.lad's Avatar
drum.lad drum.lad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Limerick ireland
Posts: 291
Default Re: Joey Castillo

i dodnt belive he is related to him.i have seen the queens recently and his drums are amazing the kick he has could kill sosmething and his 24inch k ride is amazing im goin to have to get one of those
__________________
WE'VE DONE FOUR ALREADY BUT NOW WERE STEADY AND THEN THEY WENT 1 2 3 4
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-10-2007, 02:35 AM
TopCat's Avatar
TopCat TopCat is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Up river
Posts: 1,294
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzolead View Post
not weird but WISE.

Bonzolead
I'm sure it's pretty subjective, hell, completely subjective..

It's weird because he's been with Paiste for such a long while.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-12-2007, 01:48 PM
DWfan20005's Avatar
DWfan20005 DWfan20005 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Moncton,N.B,Canada
Posts: 159
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver View Post
Yeah I really like Joey. He does play songs fast live but judging Josh's attitude to music and his band im sure if he wanted him to play slower he would make it very clear to him.

I was shocked about his change to Zildjian. They sound nice the crashes aren't as good as his Paiste!
Yeah people always mention that he plays too fast live but that's what makes Joey different. Anyways, Paiste cymbals are amazing even though I'm a Sabian fan. I was shocked too when he moved over to the Zildjian camp.
__________________
Joey Jordison doesn't have to be mentioned in every drum thread, we know he's good.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-08-2007, 09:28 PM
BrynnerAgassi's Avatar
BrynnerAgassi BrynnerAgassi is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA.
Posts: 73
Default Re: Joey Castillo

I like Joey. I think he is a real good rock drummer. I have only seen him play live once, and of course that was with Queens, but his playing was real intense. He really plays his heart out and bashes the ***** out of the drums. He is real good and solid. And a good drummer to watch live, you can see how much he loves to play just by looking at him.
__________________
www.BrynnerAgassi.com
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-09-2007, 12:27 AM
ULTIMATEDRUMMER's Avatar
ULTIMATEDRUMMER ULTIMATEDRUMMER is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: U.S.
Posts: 142
Default Re: Joey Castillo

yeah,
I belive joeys plays well for his style and I do like his band as well.
__________________
DW drums- "it's a drummer's world"
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Breadmonkey Breadmonkey is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 161
Default Re: Joey Castillo

I've gotta say, I'm really digging Joey's playing these days. The more I listen, the more i like.
I'm really sick of the "dave is better" bs, people are entitled to opinions but this borderline idolatry is tiresome and seems narrow minded. Dave is different. Great , sure, but if Joey's good enough for Josh and all then he is most definitely good enough for me.

Really good sense of groove about him and one of the main reasons he was hired in the first place, Josh Homme is quoted as saying, was his interaction between bass and snare. Perfect example is the jam they go into here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haWVIaslEOs
Mezmerizing stuff.

Another new addiction of mine is the brilliantly simple yet undeniably cool "sick, sick, sick" from the new album. Have yet to hear the album as a whole but if it continues in the same vein then i think Joey has made a name for himself.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-06-2007, 05:18 PM
greenshirt77
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Hello fellow drummers.
New to this forum, but not new at all to drumming.
I was actually doing a search on Queens/Joey, and stumbled upon a link to this thread.
I know this thread is old, but wanted to contribute some info on Joey's drums.
Many are still not aware that RCI (Romano Cotone International) is making most of the new acrylics available recently. Romano began manufacturing acrylic drums for the new Vistalites, and now has contracts to manufacture shells for numerous drum companies.
DW, Premier, GMS, Chop Shop, OCDP- to name just a few.
I saw Supernova earlier this year and loved Tommy's acrylics. I immediately researched, and found out that his DW shells are made by RCI. I then found out that RCI will make custom ordered drums complete. I found a dealer, Acrylic Drums Heaven, that worked with me on my order and I now have a custom RCI Starlite Red acrylic kit.
Here's a link to my testimonial and pics on the ADH website.
http://www.acrylicdrumsheaven.com/testimonials.html
These drums are incredible.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-19-2007, 07:35 PM
KarlCrafton's Avatar
KarlCrafton KarlCrafton is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 4,513
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Yeah, I dig Joey with Queens. I think he's a pretty cool drummer. His kits have looked cool too.
One of my friends met him briefly and said he was a prety cool cat.

The stuff Dave came up with on SFTD was really cool and well thought out, but sounded really spur of the moment for how they record.

On the live DVD with Troy and Alan more involved, and Nick gone, Joey seemed to 'fit' the band well, like Matt Sorum 'fit' better when Guns added the back-up singers and Teddy Andreas (sp?).

I really dig watching that live DVD, and the extra "in the studio" DVD's that came with the last few albums too.

I get what you mean about No one Knows being faster, but that could have been just that night too...
You know how it is, you come off a good set, and come back on and you're loose and feeling good..and it's just a little faster.

Hey, that's rock....
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-19-2007, 09:34 PM
chopsy's Avatar
chopsy chopsy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 63
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlCrafton View Post
I get what you mean about No one Knows being faster, but that could have been just that night too...
You know how it is, you come off a good set, and come back on and you're loose and feeling good..and it's just a little faster.

Hey, that's rock....
I really think it's a serial trait of his though. Saw them Wednesday night and he was faster on every single song, even ones off the new album that he wrote. They tore through Run Pig Run so fast. I'm definitely not saying it's a bad thing, but it's not just a fluke/one song thing.

They played Songs for the Dead, one of my favorites, and the beginning was so rushed it lost a lot of the swing that Grohl gave it.

for comparison:
with Grohl, 2002 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7tCTQkOSi8

Castillo, 2007 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7k4EI6wL_k
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-19-2007, 10:15 PM
KarlCrafton's Avatar
KarlCrafton KarlCrafton is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 4,513
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsy View Post
I really think it's a serial trait of his though. Saw them Wednesday night and he was faster on every single song, even ones off the new album that he wrote. They tore through Run Pig Run so fast. I'm definitely not saying it's a bad thing, but it's not just a fluke/one song thing.

They played Songs for the Dead, one of my favorites, and the beginning was so rushed it lost a lot of the swing that Grohl gave it.
If it's been like that for a while, then one would guess the band (Josh) thinks it's OK, or they like it that way...or.....maybe he should play along to his own cds a couple of times....???...:P

Yeah, something is definetly lost if a song that needs to feel a certain way is rushed.
That's a bummer at a show and you can't get in the groove of your favorite tunes.
The one thing I miss, is Joey not doing the fast snare to tom fill in No one Knows on the DVD. That fill is real cool, and fits well in there. I know there's a few others, but THAT one is definetly cool.

I've had to stay really concious of not speeding up some of the songs in one of my bands.
A few of them need to be just right, & once I was aware of what I was doing in spots, and got ahold of what the sections should 'feel' like it's been all good.

I havent seen Queens live yet, even though I dig em' and they've been through Detroit a few times.
I seem to spend all my money on drums.....
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-04-2007, 12:00 AM
DaveyBoy DaveyBoy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 112
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Does any one know what his old Paiste setup was?

Dave
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-07-2007, 02:17 AM
Cypriss's Avatar
Cypriss Cypriss is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Posts: 204
Default Re: Joey Castillo

[

(especially listen to: I realise your mine... (you see how josh has to concentrate to sing faster here...))[/quote]

the cords in the chorus are more difficult thats wy he's concentrating
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-07-2007, 02:46 AM
Cypriss's Avatar
Cypriss Cypriss is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Auckland New Zealand
Posts: 204
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
Does any one know what his old Paiste setup was?

Dave
http://www.paiste.com/news/pdffiles/2002brochure_e.pdf

his cymbal set up is here all 2002's
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-02-2007, 07:48 PM
jim jim is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6
Default Re: Joey Castillo

saw queens live last night in a relatively small venue and they just killed it, that simple,
Castillo was on the money the whole set, really inspired me if I'm honest, although 'song for the dead' was faster than the album version it was fully rocking and the triplets at the end were pretty mind bending.
Joeys clear DW set looked quite desirable to say the least.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-02-2007, 07:57 PM
TopCat's Avatar
TopCat TopCat is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Up river
Posts: 1,294
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
saw queens live last night in a relatively small venue and they just killed it, that simple,
Castillo was on the money the whole set, really inspired me if I'm honest, although 'song for the dead' was faster than the album version it was fully rocking and the triplets at the end were pretty mind bending.
Joeys clear DW set looked quite desirable to say the least.
I was there too, and I completely agree.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-20-2008, 12:25 AM
DionT's Avatar
DionT DionT is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 8
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Joey's a great rock drummer, and a really nice guy to boot. Dave's playing on SFTD is great but I didn't like how Queens was thought of as "DG's new band" which couldn't have been farther from the truth. Even though Joey does play WAY too fast live I think his style fits Queens perfectly.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-24-2008, 05:12 AM
jacqui_crack jacqui_crack is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10
Default Re: Joey Castillo

i love his playing. The Blood is Love off of Lullabies is my favourite - how they start in 3/4 then switch to 4/4 and his drumming in it is so good. Dave is REALLY cool but i reckon Joey fits in with the band better. Turning on the Screw is fantastic, you know... i like the fact that he keeps the beat with the tamborine and it really changes up the sound. He does play rather fast, but whatever, as said - if josh had a problem with it joey would be gone. Plus when you're a little intoxicated and playing it makes everything different (does for me..)
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-18-2009, 05:51 AM
chewaz chewaz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4
Default Re: Joey Castillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzolead View Post
not weird but WISE.

Bonzolead
wise if you talk about money, but retarded if you talk about high quality cymbals, it obvious zildjian paid him tons of money.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Jesus lizard Jesus lizard is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: leicester
Posts: 2
Default Joey Castillo Rules!!

Joey castillo rules, Bin a fan since he was in Wasted youth. Him, Bonham, moon are the best drummers around. His DW Set up is sweet!! Planning on seeing QOTSA with E.O.D.M supporting their tour this year. Gunna b awesume!!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-26-2009, 10:40 AM
drum.lad's Avatar
drum.lad drum.lad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Limerick ireland
Posts: 291
Default Re: Joey Castillo

I have seen him three times once with Queens and twice with EODM.The last eodm gig i saw was last night and me and my friend got there early and met the whole band and i was talking to joey for a while hes so cool and nows alot about drums.I got a stick at the end.Was quite the epic day

Got a pic with him and some friends at the end of the gig.Im the guy with jesus on my shirt.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/ph...6047942&ref=nf
__________________
WE'VE DONE FOUR ALREADY BUT NOW WERE STEADY AND THEN THEY WENT 1 2 3 4

Last edited by drum.lad; 08-26-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com