DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 07-09-2006, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Alex Riel here!

Hi Alex,

Just wanted to say thanks for the great drumming. You played on a CD that was very popular at the college I attended. It was the Jackie McLean and Dexter Gordon album called "The Source." We used to listen to that album all the time. J Mac was a teacher and a mentor to me and listening to that recording brings back a lot of fond memories. What I wouldn't give to play with him just one more time. Fire!!! Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for your music. :)
Old 07-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsweb
Hey Alex.

I'm from Denmark weee :) I just wont to say that you play on the drums is so fantastic.
You know how to play with feeling, and how to get the best sound out of the drums.

Are you soon gonna play live with NLD (Niels Lan Doky again? I would love
to see you live.

Keep up the nice drumming ;-)

Best Regards
Simon Duun
SimonsWeb.dk
Hi Simon,
Thank you for your kind words! As for the sound of my drums you're right it means a lot to me that my drums "talk" to me. Their sounds inspire me very much. I need to feel that I have some kind of conversation going on with them!

As for Niels Lan Doky I've actually been seeing him a lot recently. We played a great gig in Germany last month with bass player Pierre Boussaget and violinist Didier Lockwood. And then there was the project with Lisa Nilsson I mentioned in my previous post.

Also, two days ago (friday 7th) we both accompanied Pat Metheny who opened the Copenhagen Jazzfestival with a huge outdoor concert in Tivoli Gardens. That was one incredible gig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The line-up besides Doky and myself was: trumpet player Palle Mikkelborg, percussionist Marilyn Mazur (who both have played with Miles Davis), sax player Tomas Franck (great Coltrane-like player!!) and one of my favourite bassists Jesper Lundgaard.
It was of course a great privilege to play with such a fantastic musician as Pat Metheny whom I've always admired. And I'm proud to say that all of us - incl. Pat - really played our b*tts off in front of a ecstatic audience. It was indeed a night to remember!

Best wishes
Alex
Old 07-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnrusty
Hi Alex,

Just wanted to say thanks for the great drumming. You played on a CD that was very popular at the college I attended. It was the Jackie McLean and Dexter Gordon album called "The Source." We used to listen to that album all the time. J Mac was a teacher and a mentor to me and listening to that recording brings back a lot of fond memories. What I wouldn't give to play with him just one more time. Fire!!! Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for your music. :)
Hi there Capnrusty,
Thank you very much for reminding me of that record - and those days! Must have been something to have been taught by such a great and strong player as Jackie McLean!
I'm happy to hear that that particular recording with us has meant so much to you. It sure has meant a lot to me too to have had the chance to play with these guys. Thanks again!

Best wishes
Alex
Old 07-10-2006, 12:56 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Riel
Hi there Capnrusty,
Thank you very much for reminding me of that record - and those days! Must have been something to have been taught by such a great and strong player as Jackie McLean!
I'm happy to hear that that particular recording with us has meant so much to you. It sure has meant a lot to me too to have had the chance to play with these guys. Thanks again!

Best wishes
Alex
The Source! An absolute classic of both Jackie and Dex's discography, in my opinion.

Alex- what a Metheny concert!!!! I love Palle and Marilyn as well! That must have been a gas. What era were the tunes from?

Jealous I missed the show,
G
Old 07-11-2006, 08:42 AM
Silver Member

Hey ,Mr. Riel! I don't feel worthy to call you by your first name. I could never play a mean jazz like you! (I'm such a suck up! Sorry)

"Closed mindedness about music is the death of the musician." - me
Old 07-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgregg
The Source! An absolute classic of both Jackie and Dex's discography, in my opinion.

Alex- what a Metheny concert!!!! I love Palle and Marilyn as well! That must have been a gas. What era were the tunes from?

Jealous I missed the show,
G

Hey Gregg, yeah it was great!
The tunes we played were all originals by Pat, Palle, Marilyn, Tomas Franck and Lan Doky. All good stuff. I didn't even miss a straight ahead jazz standard in there. Too bad you couldn't be there!

Glad to hear you know and appreciate Palle and Marilyn. They both are very dear to me as we've spend A LOT of time together over the years. Ever heard of the "Riel-Mikkelborg Quintet"? I won't blame you if you haven't cos it's a loooooong time ago we won first prize at the Montreux Jazzfestival and played at Newport as well (must have been the late 60s). We also had a group called "V8" in the 70s. Well, we've worked together in so many constellations ... not least with the "Peter Herbolzheimer Rhythm Combination and Brass" ... very fun days!!
As for Marilyn I was in her all-female band (!!) called "Sirenes" and later we formed a band called "Six Winds" who played mostly her compositions.

Loads of memories there as you can probably imagine ...

All the best
Alex
Old 07-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerchick435
Hey ,Mr. Riel! I don't feel worthy to call you by your first name. I could never play a mean jazz like you! (I'm such a suck up! Sorry)
I need a big smiley here!!!!

Thanks for writing Miss Chick .. and please call me Alex! Or Sir.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

By the way Gregg, you asked what era the tunes were from at the Pat Metheny gig ...

The Metheny originals we played were: "Ultimate Tears" (a solo piece .. though Palle joined him in the end), "Always And Forever" and "When We Were Free". I'm not sure which of his albums they are from though.

The others were tunes by Palle, Marilyn etc as I already mentioned.

Cheers
Alex
Old 07-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
I need a big smiley here!!!!

Thanks for writing Miss Chick .. and please call me Alex! Or Sir.
You're welcome ,Alex. Here's your big smiley: :)

Old 07-14-2006, 07:40 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Hey Gregg, yeah it was great!
The tunes we played were all originals by Pat, Palle, Marilyn, Tomas Franck and Lan Doky. All good stuff. I didn't even miss a straight ahead jazz standard in there. Too bad you couldn't be there!

Glad to hear you know and appreciate Palle and Marilyn. They both are very dear to me as we've spend A LOT of time together over the years. Ever heard of the "Riel-Mikkelborg Quintet"? I won't blame you if you haven't cos it's a loooooong time ago we won first prize at the Montreux Jazzfestival and played at Newport as well (must have been the late 60s). We also had a group called "V8" in the 70s. Well, we've worked together in so many constellations ... not least with the "Peter Herbolzheimer Rhythm Combination and Brass" ... very fun days!!
As for Marilyn I was in her all-female band (!!) called "Sirenes" and later we formed a band called "Six Winds" who played mostly her compositions.

Loads of memories there as you can probably imagine ...

All the best
Alex

Alex,
No I have NOT head of that Quintet! What have you got for me, LPs? Reel to reels? Old rehearsal tapes?! Don't tease me like that unless you've got something for me!

Strangely, I think I've heard of V8, not sure how/where/why...

Regarding Marylin's band, do I even want to ask how/why you were in an all girl band (which of course, during your tenure was quite obviously not all-girl...)?

Thanks from all of us again for your time, thought and insight making this a frequently updated thread because of you.

G
Old 07-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

Hi Gregg,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgregg
Alex,
No I have NOT head of that Quintet! What have you got for me, LPs? Reel to reels? Old rehearsal tapes?! Don't tease me like that unless you've got something for me!
I'm afraid we never recorded anything .. or at least we never released anything.
I might have a little something somewhere though (I'll get back to you if I find it).

Quote:
Strangely, I think I've heard of V8, not sure how/where/why...
Well, we did make a studio recording once ... but it never got released! So I can't really say how you may have heard of us. Great band though. We were two drummers: Kasper Winding and me. What a lot of nice noise!!!

Quote:
Regarding Marylin's band, do I even want to ask how/why you were in an all girl band (which of course, during your tenure was quite obviously not all-girl...)?
Take a look at the pic in my international driver's license from back then .. and you'll know how and why!!! http://www.alexriel.dk/media/private/driversl.jpg

Quote:
Thanks from all of us again for your time, thought and insight making this a frequently updated thread because of you.
Aw, you are too kind. It's certainly my pleasure to pop in here from time to time and see what you guys have been writing. Thanks again for your interrest!

Best wishes
Alex
Old 07-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Hi Gregg,

I'm afraid we never recorded anything .. or at least we never released anything.
I might have a little something somewhere though (I'll get back to you if I find it).

Well, we did make a studio recording once ... but it never got released! So I can't really say how you may have heard of us. Great band though. We were two drummers: Kasper Winding and me. What a lot of nice noise!!!

Take a look at the pic in my international driver's license from back then .. and you'll know how and why!!! http://www.alexriel.dk/media/private/driversl.jpg

Aw, you are too kind. It's certainly my pleasure to pop in here from time to time and see what you guys have been writing. Thanks again for your interrest!

Best wishes
Alex

Alex,
Well, if you can find some recordings of that group, I'd keep my mouth shut about them and pay shipping....(I'm not certain, but I might have some old Montmartre bootlegs of you with various people too, speaking of rarities!)

Regarding the 'all girl' band, yeah, I can see that! So you were in disguise (as a woman) then...

Oh, and uh, remember when I asked you what cymbals you were playing on all the Steeplechase stuff, and remember you answered me? Could you answer that same question again, as I seemed to have forgotton where it was I asked you and can't find the reply!
Thanks again,
G

Last edited by jazzgregg; 07-30-2006 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

Hi Gregg,

Quote:
Oh, and uh, remember when I asked you what cymbals you were playing on all the Steeplechase stuff, and remember you answered me? Could you answer that same question again, as I seemed to have forgotton where it was I asked you and can't find the reply!
Thanks again,
G
I found it for ya. It's from an email you send me some time ago! You asked me some other interesting questions there as well so I thought I'd post them all in case anyone else could be interested :) ...

I have what may be a silly question to start: what does DSB Kino
mean? I know that Kino is the German word for Cinema
and there's a screen on the front of the album. I
guess what I'm asking is, if that's the right
definition, what's the DSB?

You're right, Kino does mean cinema. The DSB stands for the "Danske Stats Baner" (!) which is the Danish Rail company. When I was a kid in the 40s-50s there was a cinema called DSB KINO at the main railway station in Copenhagen, Denmark. I used to go there a lot to watch these old movie clips with Frank Sinatra singing in front of a big band. I noticed a crisp sounding trumpet that made a great impression on me. Then years later I was playing as the house drummer in the jazzhouse Montmartre in Copenhagen where a lot of American musicans performed during the 60's and 70s. One night I was accompanying this trumpet player ... and recognized exactly THAT sound!!!! I asked him (Harry Sweets Edison) if he'd ever played with Sinatra which he had of course. But I still didn't get it, cos all the members of the big band I had seen with Sinatra were white, and Sweets was black? He then told me that back then black musicians were not allowed to be seen in the movies. So while the music heard was played by black musicians (incl. Sweets) the musicians seen on the screen would be white!!! Of course that made a deep impression on a young Dane like me who were not used to racial segregation. And that's why it meant a lot to me to include that story in the cd.

What cymbals were you using on the Steeplechase stuff?
Do I hear the same cymbals on most of it?

I can't remember too well, but - except for one Ziljian Avedis 22" ride with lots of rivets (that I put there myself) - they were all PAISTE.
I recall a 22" ride Formula 602, and a 20" flat ride Formula 602 which I'm still using. The hi-hat was always a 14" .. but various types (from Paiste as well).

What do you want from the cymbals you use, I know you
tend to like sizzle cymbals and flat rides, but any
other particulars?

I tend to like a dark sound that somehow can form a "foundation" for the whole sound of the group ... like a carpet of sound underneath it all (My god, this is hard to express in English for me!). Some sizzle cymbals can do just that. It's also important to me that the cymbal has a distinct "stick-sound" ... that you can hear what's being played.
You know, the original Zildjian K cymbals that were made in Tyrkey are generally too thin to play for me. But I've been fortunate to find a few that were thicker, and those were just GREAT. They had that dark and distinct sound I like .. and helped the stick to bounce. I once played Tony William's K cymbal (the one he played with Miles on several recordings) and that cymbal had it all!
The 20" Paiste 602 flat ride w. rivets - even though it has a quite light sound - is especially great behind bass solos. Niels-Henning always wanted me to play just that! (for some reason this particular cymbal sound has always reminded me of ice crystals!)
But you know how it is ... I'll always be looking out for new cymbals, but tend to go back to the "old" ones I know and love the most.

Btw these are the cymbals I'm playing today (and have been playing for a while):
- Paiste 14" Dimension light hi-hat.
- 20" flat ride w. rivets, Paiste Formula 602
- 22" ride, Paiste prototype (not in production)
- 20" ride/crash from China (I believe this type is called "Cobra" today ...the quality varies a lot. THIS one is excellent though!)
- plus another 20" ride Paiste prototype, the "decorated" one in the videoclip with me (Bernhard's cymbal!)

How did you approach playing with Dexter? My old
teacher Joe Hunt played with him once and said it
required a lot of concentration since Dexter laid back
so much? How about Bill Evans?

That's right, Dexter played very laid back but the rest of us kept the tempo .. and that tension made it sound so good I think. He once asked me what I was listening to, when I listened to records, and I couldn't really answer him. Then he replied to me "I can hear that!". And so he told me how important it was for me to listen to what the pianist was playing in certain parts of the tune. I should follow that with my left hand. When I started doing just that my drumming took a major step forward, and I realised that this was what Philly Joe and the other guys were doing!
Dexter was very kind to teach me stuff. Once in Stockholm we did two weeks at the Golden Circle club and one late night he called me up and kept me on the phone for hours teaching me. He wanted me to learn how to go from the A part (two-beat played on the hi-hat) of "Shiny Stockings" to the bridge (ride cymbal, full rhythm 4/4) and back. I tended to go up in tempo during the bridge! I can clearly recall his deep voice on phone .... singing "Shiny Stockings" repeatedly that night!"
He taught me so much about playing drums!
Bill Evans was in some way completely opposite to Dexter. He was up there on the beat all the time. And since I tend to be up there myself I sometimes got the feeling I was rushing. That worried me, so I asked him about it. I remember he told me "don't worry about keeping the tempo...just go where the music takes you. Follow the music!" That's how HE played. He (we) would rush sometimes (I wouldn't reallly notice till I heard it on tape) ... but the music was so great!!! He was the one who introduced me to poly-rhytmics by the way. Wow, what a shock that was!!!
Bill Evans was a very, very sweet and helpful guy, and one of my biggest influences. I can't even begin to describe how much playing with him and Eddie Gomez meant to me. After having toured with them in Europe in the mid 60s he actually asked me to come live in the States and join his trio permanently! I couldn't leave Denmark at that time. But what an opportunity!

I know you're a fan of playing in trios (as am I),
what draws you to them in particular?

Well, my experience with Bill Evans and Gomez definately meant that I came to love the piano trio. And I've really enjoyed other trio formats as well, for instance the "tenorsax-bass-drums" with Bergonzi/Lundgaard.
I guess to a drummer like me who likes (or at least tries!) to play very "melodic" the trio is a great place to both be heard and be quiet!

Who do you consider to be your biggest drumming
influences?

Of the "old" ones it would definately be Big Sid Catlett!!! Also guys like Zutty Singleton, Gene Krupa, George Wettling, Osie Johnson, Gus Johnsen, Alvin Stoller, Philly Joe, Roy Haynes etc. When Tony Williams came along I was of course blown away by his new "style" and he inspired me a lot. But besides Big Sid Catlett noone has meant as much to me as ELVIN JONES did!!!!

Best wishes and tons of triplets
Alex
Old 08-30-2006, 09:32 AM
Pioneer Member

Alex,
I caught this thing on tv here in Canada, with Gary Peacock Niels Lan Doky and you! Man, Those were some RIPPING tunes, you guys all sounded great. For those who don't know (which at this point is likely everyone but Alex and I), it was recorded in 1989 for Doky's album 'Close Encounter'. VERY good footage of everyone, especially Alex. Very nice shots of your 602 flat with rivets and you Sound Control (or 602) Dark Ride and flatride. MAN, they sounded nice! Few people can get away, to me, with using 2 flats, but man, they sound so distinct and with the rivetsyou make it work. You must clean your cymbals, right? They were so shiny and in great shape, especially if that 602 flat is the same one you used with Dex!

But I must pass on a few funny bits of information. First, my wife (who's had years of Jazz education from moi and has seen as many live shows as most people I know) says 'who's that guy, he looks like a happy drummer. He plays like it too'. I say Man, that is ALEX!! lol She's not always fond of my wierd stuff, but man, she LOVED your stuff! lol

The other thing was, I was trying to, based on how old Gary looked and what cymbals you were using, figure out when it was recorded. I came up with 'late 80's'.

Anyway, I don't have the album but I'm going to pick it up. Any info/stories to relate? How was Gary? He's a legend. I'm so lucky to have seen it!

G
Old 09-07-2006, 01:41 PM
OZjazzer

Alex. I finally got the Lisa Nilsson DVD and CD. Fantastic! Good to see Toots, Johnny Griffin, Tootie Heath and, what a nice bass player Mads Vinding is. And Didier Lockwood .. wow what a talent. Loved it all, but Lisa kind of stole the show for me.

Surely someone has to get her to record some jazz CD's now? Did they record the concerts you did with her recently?

Anyway thank you for pointing me towards that DVD, at least a few more people now know how good she is.

By the way we are enjoying those early Bill Evans videos with you and Gomez as well.

Thanks again.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Pioneer Member

OZ has also pointed me to where he got his and my copy is also in the mail, Alex. Looking forward to it!

G
Old 11-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

Hey Gregg, OZjazzer and whoever is out there

I truly appologize for being so slow to reply this time. Too much stuff to do lately ... you know how it is!
Anyways, thank you – again – for your posts and interest. I’ll try to catch up with it all now!

Gregg!
The Doky/Peacock recording ... aah yes, that was fun! I haven’t seen it for ages actually. Good to know they filmed the cymbals (the camera guy must have been a drummer!!!)
Thank you for the kind words about flatrides/me. Recently I’ve actually been playing a 602 flat ride instead of my usual bell ride .. and it works perfectly.

Had to smile about your wife’s comments. What a compliment!
As for being a “happy drummer”... well, she’s right. I really try to only say yes to things/gigs I WANT to do... ya know ... and say no to things I have a bad feeling about. Sometimes I actually surprise myself in these choises.
Of course it doesn’t always work. There’s always a risk of ending up in a situation you dislike because of how the music turns out, the sound, the atmosphere etc. But then I try to find something enjoyable and focus on that; even if it’s playing for the ONE person in the second row who seem to listen! That way you almost always end up having a good time after all. At least you know you’ve have tried to give your best in spite of the circumstances. There’s just nothing worse than watching/playing with musicians who are in a bad mood for some reason – and show it. That’s just so unprofessional imo and certainly not fair to either your colleagues or your audience.
If you on the other hand show and share your enthusiasm about being up there on stage playing then you’ll find it comes back to you and motivates you even more. Nothing’s more motivating than looking down at an excited audience who obviously enjoy what they see and hear. It makes you wanna play even better ..

Ok, back to the “Close Encounter” session. Lan Doky tells me it was released as vol 1 & 2 (two cd’s) on the Danish label “Storyville”. Besides there’s this video/dvd (same sound as vol 1). The year was 1989.

Peacock .. well, Gary’s a great guy!! He used to live for a period of time in a flat on top of the jazz club Montmartre in Copenhagen back in the 60s or 70s. So I saw him a lot back then. He used to come down and sit in with us. Many years later we played together again at the Kongsberg jazz festival in Norway and then we did these recordings with Lan. There was a gig at the North Sea Festival as well!

As for my cymbals – no, I never clean them except for dusting them off. But I’m always very careful with them and try to treat them with “respect” .... they are my buddies ya know .. lol.

By the way, Gregg, there’s a couple of cd copies on their way to you (The Riel-Mikkelborg group etc). I found them!

OZjazzer!
So glad you got and like the “Between a smile and a tear” dvd. Yes, I agree, Lisa steels the picture there. She’s simply a wonderful singer and a very charming person as well (which Johnny Griffin obviously thought too!!!). I know that Lisa recently did a recording with Brasilian music after spending several months over there. I haven’t heard it yet though.
You ask if they recorded the concert I played with her. Well, it may have been recorded for television but I’m not sure.

Reminds me, I'm playing a gig on the New Morning club in Paris with Doky and Didier Lockwood (who are both in the film) on Dec 4th. The bass player will be Pierre Boussaget. Should be fun! Don't worry, I don't expect to see either you or Gregg there ... unless you plan to pop by Europe to do some Christmas shopping!?

And yes, Mads Vinding is a fantastic bass player. I’ve always enjoyed playing with him. We’ve actually been gigging together quite a bit recently as we have this trio with a Danish pianist called Carsten Dahl. Great stuff. We might do a recording with this constellation soon btw.

As for the early videos that are now online (both here and on Youtube) I’m enjoying them too! I just wathced a clip with Freddie Hubbard (and me) on Youtube. Bad picture quality but what a sound!!! Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lglmw1izZ9k
It’s fun to see all that stuff again – and to have been a part of the whole thing.

Best wishes
Alex
Old 11-06-2006, 02:10 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Hey Gregg, OZjazzer and whoever is out there

I truly appologize for being so slow to reply this time. Too much stuff to do lately ... you know how it is!
Anyways, thank you – again – for your posts and interest. I’ll try to catch up with it all now!

Gregg!
The Doky/Peacock recording ... aah yes, that was fun! I haven’t seen it for ages actually. Good to know they filmed the cymbals (the camera guy must have been a drummer!!!)
Thank you for the kind words about flatrides/me. Recently I’ve actually been playing a 602 flat ride instead of my usual bell ride .. and it works perfectly.

Had to smile about your wife’s comments. What a compliment!
As for being a “happy drummer”... well, she’s right. I really try to only say yes to things/gigs I WANT to do... ya know ... and say no to things I have a bad feeling about. Sometimes I actually surprise myself in these choises.
Of course it doesn’t always work. There’s always a risk of ending up in a situation you dislike because of how the music turns out, the sound, the atmosphere etc. But then I try to find something enjoyable and focus on that; even if it’s playing for the ONE person in the second row who seem to listen! That way you almost always end up having a good time after all. At least you know you’ve have tried to give your best in spite of the circumstances. There’s just nothing worse than watching/playing with musicians who are in a bad mood for some reason – and show it. That’s just so unprofessional imo and certainly not fair to either your colleagues or your audience.
If you on the other hand show and share your enthusiasm about being up there on stage playing then you’ll find it comes back to you and motivates you even more. Nothing’s more motivating than looking down at an excited audience who obviously enjoy what they see and hear. It makes you wanna play even better ..

Ok, back to the “Close Encounter” session. Lan Doky tells me it was released as vol 1 & 2 (two cd’s) on the Danish label “Storyville”. Besides there’s this video/dvd (same sound as vol 1). The year was 1989.

Peacock .. well, Gary’s a great guy!! He used to live for a period of time in a flat on top of the jazz club Montmartre in Copenhagen back in the 60s or 70s. So I saw him a lot back then. He used to come down and sit in with us. Many years later we played together again at the Kongsberg jazz festival in Norway and then we did these recordings with Lan. There was a gig at the North Sea Festival as well!

As for my cymbals – no, I never clean them except for dusting them off. But I’m always very careful with them and try to treat them with “respect” .... they are my buddies ya know .. lol.

By the way, Gregg, there’s a couple of cd copies on their way to you (The Riel-Mikkelborg group etc). I found them!

OZjazzer!
So glad you got and like the “Between a smile and a tear” dvd. Yes, I agree, Lisa steels the picture there. She’s simply a wonderful singer and a very charming person as well (which Johnny Griffin obviously thought too!!!). I know that Lisa recently did a recording with Brasilian music after spending several months over there. I haven’t heard it yet though.
You ask if they recorded the concert I played with her. Well, it may have been recorded for television but I’m not sure.

Reminds me, I'm playing a gig on the New Morning club in Paris with Doky and Didier Lockwood (who are both in the film) on Dec 4th. The bass player will be Pierre Boussaget. Should be fun! Don't worry, I don't expect to see either you or Gregg there ... unless you plan to pop by Europe to do some Christmas shopping!?

And yes, Mads Vinding is a fantastic bass player. I’ve always enjoyed playing with him. We’ve actually been gigging together quite a bit recently as we have this trio with a Danish pianist called Carsten Dahl. Great stuff. We might do a recording with this constellation soon btw.

As for the early videos that are now online (both here and on Youtube) I’m enjoying them too! I just wathced a clip with Freddie Hubbard (and me) on Youtube. Bad picture quality but what a sound!!! Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lglmw1izZ9k
It’s fun to see all that stuff again – and to have been a part of the whole thing.

Best wishes
Alex

Alex!

I forgot to mention, I also got a copy of the Lisa DVD and loved it. So warm and touching in so many ways, not least the music. Thanks for turning us on to it. If I may ask, where were you during filming?! You were the house guy at Montmartre for years (did I juet tell YOU that?=)

Thanks so much for the kind words and thoughts with regards to your feelings about taking gigs. It really makes such a difference in what you put into it, for sure. If only all musicians shared your devotion and enthusiasm.

I'll look for the CD's of Doky Gary and you for sure, I wasn't aware there were 2 of them. 1989! What I Paiste nerd I am, I was pretty damn close with my hypothesis...

I was pretty sure you weren't a 'cymbal cleaner', but they were in such magnificent shape. Then I realized you were probably the first owner! Anything you want to sell, let me know, my deal with Paiste isn't set up yet=)

Thanks so much for sending the CDs, I'm looking forward to them! As far as Christmas shopping in Europe, well, not this year, but maybe not too far from now I'll be not too far from there (I think I owe you a beer, no? And I want some lessons!).

Thanks again Alex, I'll email you when I get and hear that stuff you sent!

G
Old 11-30-2006, 03:15 AM

hey alex

ive seen and heard a fair amount of such a huge amount of recordings uve done....im a college student and wanted to play green dolphin street for my jazz forum the way you played it with dexter gordan...i loved the switch between funk and swing u did. Keep doin ur thing.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Silver Member

Hey ,sir! ;) Remember me? I'm back on your thread again. Sorry I haven't talked to you in a long time. My parents put a timer thingy on the computer.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Senior Administrator

hi alex

i'm asking all the pros this question. i think the answers could be very instructive to many of us.
let's say there was a totally new drum rudiment that was suddenly discovered and was so totally applicable that any drummer worth their salt would quickly try to learn it, master it and use it in recordings and gigs. this hypothetical new rudiment is quite hard to play and totally unrelated to any other rudiment. it is so good that you know that the next time you sit in on a session the writer is probably going to ask you to use it somewhere in their song.
my question is: starting from scratch what would be your way of learning it?

thanks
j

http://youtu.be/fBQeCcBVUCw
Old 01-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Senior Administrator

hi alex

sorry to load you up with questions when you get back on the forum but here's another one...

in the August 1992 issue of modern drummer there was a great and useful article titled: THE 25 GREATEST DRUM RECORDS. because of it i bought steely dan's AJA in a time when i was almost exclusively addicted to AC/DC.
they wrote this article by researching across the industry but in particular they asked some of the top guys for their top ten selections. i'm hoping to do a similar thing here on DW and post the reults in a separate thread eventually.
So if you would be so kind please give us a list of your own top ten (perhaps your current top 10) records/albums. it would be helpful if you identified your favourite out of those and dropped in a line why it is so...but this is not totally necessary. think of it like if you were going to be locked in a remote log cabin for a whole winter, which 10 albums would you take, if 10 were all you could take?

thanks
j

http://youtu.be/fBQeCcBVUCw
Old 05-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUTHA JASON View Post
hi alex

i'm asking all the pros this question. i think the answers could be very instructive to many of us.
let's say there was a totally new drum rudiment that was suddenly discovered and was so totally applicable that any drummer worth their salt would quickly try to learn it, master it and use it in recordings and gigs. this hypothetical new rudiment is quite hard to play and totally unrelated to any other rudiment. it is so good that you know that the next time you sit in on a session the writer is probably going to ask you to use it somewhere in their song.
my question is: starting from scratch what would be your way of learning it?

thanks
j
Hi there!
Let me appologize – once again – for taking so long to reply to this thread! Thanks for your inputs.

As for your rudiment question, Jason .. well, this is where I have to admit I’m a very slow learner! Over the years I’ve struggled more than you can imagine with learning rudiments etc. Mostly due to the fact that I simply can’t remember how they go! Often it'll take me ages to learn things that far less experienced drummers than me would pick up in a second. And you wouldn’t believe how much time it took for me to just play a proper drum roll! So, this is definately NOT where my talent lies. I guess what has made me become a decent drummer after all, has been my will and eagerness to learn these things in spite of whatever difficulties I may have with the learning process. It’s definately the musical aspect of drumming more than tecnique that has been driving me all these years ... I’ve NEEDED the tecnique to express my musicality, and therefore I’ve stuck with the rudiments after all, lol. On the bright side you could say that the satisfaction of finally getting it right is perhaps greater for me than for so many other pros. Also, even though I truly admire the technical skills of drummers like Buddy Rich, Weckl etc I’ve personally always felt more inspired by and attracted to the musicality of say Big Sid Catlett and Elvin Jones.

So, to answer your question .. I would start by spending half a year remembering which hand to start with, lol (that’s closer to the truth than you think!)

I guess for me it’s always been a question of “feeling” the rudiment. Get it into your body so it becomes a natural part of your body-drumming-language (sorry, that sounded corny!). There’re some rudiments I’ve learned and can play, but they still don’t feel right to me and so I rarely use them. Then there’s a couple of things that I KNOW I’ll feel great using because they speak to me musically, but I still haven’t learned them well enough to incorporate them just yet. Give me a couple of years more ;o) ..

One more thing I’d like to add about using rudiments. My playing is very much depending on the musicians I play with. Some musicians play in a way where incorporating rudiments just doesn’t feel right for me at all. Others inspire me to pull out rudiments all the time! That would be guys like e.g. John Scofield and Kenny Werner who’s timing and tecnique and musicality instinctly challenges me and makes me want to challenge them back, you know. That’s when you start taking chances - and the real fun begins!!! And that’s when you are grateful that you DID spend all those hours practising after all.

Best wishes and tons of triplets ..
Alex
Old 05-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUTHA JASON View Post
hi alex

sorry to load you up with questions when you get back on the forum but here's another one...

in the August 1992 issue of modern drummer there was a great and useful article titled: THE 25 GREATEST DRUM RECORDS. because of it i bought steely dan's AJA in a time when i was almost exclusively addicted to AC/DC.
they wrote this article by researching across the industry but in particular they asked some of the top guys for their top ten selections. i'm hoping to do a similar thing here on DW and post the reults in a separate thread eventually.
So if you would be so kind please give us a list of your own top ten (perhaps your current top 10) records/albums. it would be helpful if you identified your favourite out of those and dropped in a line why it is so...but this is not totally necessary. think of it like if you were going to be locked in a remote log cabin for a whole winter, which 10 albums would you take, if 10 were all you could take?

thanks
j
Here's a bunch of favourites:

John Coltrane "Africa/Brass" (Elvin)
Sonny Rollins "A Night At The Village Vanguard" (early Elvin)
Miles Davis "Milestones" (Philly Joe Jones)
Count Basie "The Atomic Basie" (Sonny Payne)
Ralph Towner "Solstice" (Jon Christensen)
Tommy Flanagan Trio in Stockholm, 1957 (Elvin playing brushes!)
Ella in Berlin "Mack The Knife" (Gus Johnson)
Wayne Shorter "Speak No Evil" (Elvin)
Clifford Brown with strings (Max Roach)
Rolling Stones, "Got Live If You Want It" (Charlie Watts)
Fats Waller "Ain't Misbehavin" (Zutty Singleton)
Krupa and Rich (!!)
Thelonious Monk "Misterioso" (Roy Haynes)
Toots Thielemans "Slow Motion" (well, that's me on drums .. but it's a brilliant record nevertheless!!)
Armstrong with Big Sid Catlett!!!

All the best,
Alex

Last edited by Alex Riel; 05-30-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:29 PM

Alex, Im asking all the pro drummers on the board this. Who, in our opinion, is the best drummer ever?
Old 05-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnysimmo View Post
Alex, Im asking all the pro drummers on the board this. Who, in our opinion, is the best drummer ever?

Big Sid Catlett & Elvin Jones !!
Old 07-04-2007, 11:15 PM

Hey Alex,
Who have you been listening to lately?
Old 07-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballdrummer34 View Post
Hey Alex,
Who have you been listening to lately?
Hi there,
Well, to be honest I've been quite busy gigging so I haven't had much time to go to other concerts. Plus when I'm off duty I tend to prefer NO music at all, lol.

I did however have the great pleasure to attend a couple of Genesis concerts recently that really impressed me. In my book Chester Thompson and Phil Collins are both excellent drummers. The whole show was amazing .. and very inspiring.

Other than that I've been listening to a few cd's with, well .. different stuff, from Jaco and Herbie to Ray Brown, Pierre Boussaget and Clark Terry ...

By the way, my website has been laying still for quite a while. But it is in the process of being updated now. The whole site should be done by the end of July. Also, I've just released a new CD with my trio .. here's a bit of info (more coming) www.alexriel.dk/disc_trio.htm

Best wishes,
Alex
Old 07-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Riel View Post
Hi there,
Well, to be honest I've been quite busy gigging so I haven't had much time to go to other concerts. Plus when I'm off duty I tend to prefer NO music at all, lol.

I did however have the great pleasure to attend a couple of Genesis concerts recently that really impressed me. In my book Chester Thompson and Phil Collins are both excellent drummers. The whole show was amazing .. and very inspiring.

Other than that I've been listening to a few cd's with, well .. different stuff, from Jaco and Herbie to Ray Brown, Pierre Boussaget and Clark Terry ...

By the way, my website has been laying still for quite a while. But it is in the process of being updated now. The whole site should be done by the end of July. Also, I've just released a new CD with my trio .. here's a bit of info (more coming)

Best wishes,
Alex
Great news Alex, plus, long time no talk!

Where are we going to be able to buy this new album (or can we already and I just missed it?)? Looks great and the first album from that trio is fantastic. I expect this one to be equally as good a least, right?=)

I picked up the Bill Evans DVD too, great stuff- once again lots of great brush playing. I was never the biggest fan of Eddie with Bill though, but it all sounds good. Highly recommended all around for those reading.

So what's the deal with this Niels Lan Doky album? It looks like a great concept and I will be looking for this one too! He's such a great player and I'm happy to see you two working together again! No Gary Peacock this time though?! I have to admit, I don't know Pierre Boussaget at all.

G
Old 07-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgregg View Post
Great news Alex, plus, long time no talk!

Where are we going to be able to buy this new album (or can we already and I just missed it?)? Looks great and the first album from that trio is fantastic. I expect this one to be equally as good a least, right?=)

I picked up the Bill Evans DVD too, great stuff- once again lots of great brush playing. I was never the biggest fan of Eddie with Bill though, but it all sounds good. Highly recommended all around for those reading.

So what's the deal with this Niels Lan Doky album? It looks like a great concept and I will be looking for this one too! He's such a great player and I'm happy to see you two working together again! No Gary Peacock this time though?! I have to admit, I don't know Pierre Boussaget at all.

G

Hey Gregg,
The new trio cd is brand new and has hardly hit the stores in Denmark yet. Hopefully it won't be long before it's available online somewhere. Maybe this is the place to look for it by that time: http://www.cdconnection.com/cd_and_d...s=ISW8aV2QKfWl

I'm glad you like the first trio-album .. and the Bill Evans DVD. Thanks!

Pierre Boussaguet from France is one of the finest bass players out of that country, and out of Europe for that matter. He and Ray Brown were great friends and even performed as a duo ..which tells you something about Pierre's caliber, lol. I love playing with this guy! He's certainly a worthy replacement for Gary Peacock in Lan's trio. :o)

All the best
Alex
Old 07-07-2007, 06:00 PM

I've been waiting a long time to introduce myself. My name is Jay Sawyer and I'm studying jazz at Western Michigan University. I study with drummers Keith Hall and Billy Hart. I really love your playing and I just wanted to touch base with you since we have this wonderful opportunity here on the forum. I'll probably be asking you questions already answered but I've just been patiently waiting my turn. Are you in the states right now?
Old 07-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

Quote:
I've been waiting a long time to introduce myself. My name is Jay Sawyer and I'm studying jazz at Western Michigan University. I study with drummers Keith Hall and Billy Hart. I really love your playing and I just wanted to touch base with you since we have this wonderful opportunity here on the forum. I'll probably be asking you questions already answered but I've just been patiently waiting my turn. Are you in the states right now?
Hey Jay,
It's nice to "meet" you! Thank you very much for the kind words. Feel free to ask anything you'd like. I'll be happy to answer (even though I'm a little slow sometimes if things are too busy here).

I'm not in the States. I'm home in Denmark (Europe!) where the Copenhagen Jazzfestival just started. I'll be playing in Europe and the Far East in the nearest future. No plans this moment to play in the States. Hopefully something comes up soon.

I wish you the best with your studies. Please say hi to Billy from me.

All the best
Alex

Last edited by Alex Riel; 07-07-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:28 AM

I guess i'll start with a question that has been on my mind for awhile. I am curious about the secret to prepetual motion as far as drumming goes. My favorite examples of it are guys like Bill Stewart and Brian Blade. I've come up with the "second line" as my answer. I was wondering what you think. I know you have it because i watch that video of you and that trio frequently. What do you think ?
Old 07-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

Quote:
I guess i'll start with a question that has been on my mind for awhile. I am curious about the secret to prepetual motion as far as drumming goes. My favorite examples of it are guys like Bill Stewart and Brian Blade. I've come up with the "second line" as my answer. I was wondering what you think. I know you have it because i watch that video of you and that trio frequently. What do you think ?
Lol, I gotta admit at first I didn't have a clue what you were talking about! I'm just a simple Dane, remember ;o))

But I guess you are asking how I keep up the energy level throughout a tune/gig? To be honest it's never been something I really thought about ... and maybe THAT's the secret. When I play I block out all other thoughts and focus completely on the music so that all my energy is canalized INTO the music. The moment you begin wondering about something else ... whether it be someone you know in the audience, or if it shows you are nervous, if the soloist likes your playing, if they noticed the mistake you just made etc etc .. in that moment you loose energy. And in that moment you hinder your own playing, and everybody else's for that matter.

If you focus 100% on the music and allow yourself to get absorbed by it .. be IN it .. then the energy flows freely and will even accumulate, especially if the musicians on stage have the right chemestry so that what you give out comes back to you with more energy. So, when I say "focus on the music" I do mean the MUSIC and not your own drumming alone. After all it's the common output that matters and what energy you bring into it; not how many fancy rudiments you throw into a tune.
As I've mentioned before in this thread, my weakness (one of them) is that I can't remember a thing .. tunes, arrangements etc! But that weakness has actually forced - and taught- me to listen intensively to what's going on here and now on stage; pick up vibes and nuances in the OTHER guy's playing and relate to them insted of falling into the trap of being focused on my own playing. That's why I normally feel quite comfortable going on stage, even when I don't have a clue what we are going to play, lol. I just have to trust my "ears" (and the monitors!)

I can't really point to a certain thing I play to keep up the energy level. I haven't got a special trick or magic rudiment that I pull out; at least not that I'm aware of! I guess whatever I play .. or don't play (!) ... it's because it feels right to me in that moment, musically as well as "energy-wise" because it relates to something the other guys play.
Of course sometimes you also take chances and try out something new while you are being very aware of it .. especially if it doesn't work out, lol! ... but then you just have to move on and focus on the next moment in the music. And keep up the energy.

One more thing that I find VERY important: My energy level when playing is very much relying on the well-being of my body/mind. If I'm hungry, cold, tired etc I simply cannot deliver what is expected of me on stage.
So for me, an important part of being a professional drummer is: Keeping fit, eating as healthy as possibly and trying to maintain a positive attitude to life! Before I go on stage you can be sure I've had a nap and had some food that gives me energy, not drains me for energy (like junk food would) .. and time to digest it as well! You can also be sure that I'm not drunk. At least not till after the gig ;o)
I know this may sound a little silly, or even fanatic, to some. But trust me, after so many years in the business I can assure you it DOES matter. I'm sure most of my collegues will say the same.

Did that make sense? And did it answer your question at all??

Best wishes
Alex

Last edited by Alex Riel; 07-08-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:22 PM

I completely agree with everything you said. I know that if you let your mind get in the way you take away from where the music could and would have naturally gone. I also know that i can't practice when im hungry lol. But, I guess my question is coming from a more technical stand point. For me when i here cats like you and bill stewart and other musicians that aren't necessarilly famous for their chops, but for their feel, i have to wonder why. Not why they dont have chops but HOW they create that comfortable, floating, addicting feel; to the point where all you can do is bob your head to it. The reason i said the "second line" is because that music always gives me that feeling. I could listen to it all day and all night. But i think some drummers today fail to learn that stuff. I call it perpetual motion because feels never-ending, similar to how triplets feel like a revolution. I don't it's just been the concept on my mind lately.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

Quote:
I completely agree with everything you said. I know that if you let your mind get in the way you take away from where the music could and would have naturally gone. I also know that i can't practice when im hungry lol. But, I guess my question is coming from a more technical stand point. For me when i here cats like you and bill stewart and other musicians that aren't necessarilly famous for their chops, but for their feel, i have to wonder why. Not why they dont have chops but HOW they create that comfortable, floating, addicting feel; to the point where all you can do is bob your head to it. The reason i said the "second line" is because that music always gives me that feeling. I could listen to it all day and all night. But i think some drummers today fail to learn that stuff. I call it perpetual motion because feels never-ending, similar to how triplets feel like a revolution. I don't it's just been the concept on my mind lately.

Hi again Jay,

How to create "that comfortable, floating, addicting feel" ?

Hmmm tough question. All I can think of is that it comes down to listening, like I said in the previous post. Listening to the common musical output and how my drumming fits with it. And avoid playing stuff that will work as show stoppers! If you pay attention, your ears will tell you if the flow isn't there! When the music seems to "stutter" (don't know the right word in English?), then you're doing something wrong and need to change whatever you're doing. I never think about second line to be honest. I just play whatever feels right .. play "through my ears" so to speak.
I really don't know how to explain it from a technical point of view, lol ... probably because it's all about "feel" !! ;o)

Interesting question though. Feel free to ask again anytime!

Best wishes,
Alex
Old 09-23-2007, 02:54 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

By the way .. perhaps I should mention that I now have a profile on MySpace: www.myspace.com/alexriel

Best wishes,
Alex
Old 10-04-2007, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Riel View Post
By the way .. perhaps I should mention that I now have a profile on MySpace: www.myspace.com/alexriel

Best wishes,
Alex
Hey Alex,
I just friended you on MySpace and I just want to tell you again how much I love your feel and style of playing. I'll have more questions as soon as I can think of them. Until, then, tell me what you think of the tracks on my page if you would.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:18 PM

Hello Alex!

I'm a 17-year-old drummer living in Åland. We have this jazz festival here in the summer, Alandia Jazz Festival, and this year you were hired to play with Vladimir Shafranov and Mads Vinding! You can't imagine how much I was looking forward to it. But then you got another gig – and had to cancel the gig in Åland. I don't blame you, such things happens... A pity!
And then these drummers where asked to come, none of which could: (in order) Morten Lund, Ed Thigpen & Al Heath (isn't that an incredible list!?). Daniel Fredriksson (Sweden) ended up playing the concerts. An amazing player and person!

The only recording I've heard with you is Johnny Griffin and the Great Danes. I love it, but I wan't to hear more of you. The problem is money. I don't want to download. Also a pity ;)

How strict is your Paiste endorsement? I mean, you mentioned playing a Zildjian cymbal and a Chinese made? Is that "okay"? I really, really love Paistes for most styles except jazz. They should really develop more jazz cymbals. You and Ian Froman, two jazz greats playing Paiste, are playing mostly prototypes. Why doesn't Paiste make those sounds for us normal people? Couldn't you make a signature cymbal or something?

PS. Gonna visit Vladimir Shafranov in a few weeks, he lives 300 meters from me; do you know him? DS.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
Hello Alex!

I'm a 17-year-old drummer living in Åland. We have this jazz festival here in the summer, Alandia Jazz Festival, and this year you were hired to play with Vladimir Shafranov and Mads Vinding! You can't imagine how much I was looking forward to it. But then you got another gig – and had to cancel the gig in Åland. I don't blame you, such things happens... A pity!
And then these drummers where asked to come, none of which could: (in order) Morten Lund, Ed Thigpen & Al Heath (isn't that an incredible list!?). Daniel Fredriksson (Sweden) ended up playing the concerts. An amazing player and person!

The only recording I've heard with you is Johnny Griffin and the Great Danes. I love it, but I wan't to hear more of you. The problem is money. I don't want to download. Also a pity ;)

How strict is your Paiste endorsement? I mean, you mentioned playing a Zildjian cymbal and a Chinese made? Is that "okay"? I really, really love Paistes for most styles except jazz. They should really develop more jazz cymbals. You and Ian Froman, two jazz greats playing Paiste, are playing mostly prototypes. Why doesn't Paiste make those sounds for us normal people? Couldn't you make a signature cymbal or something?

PS. Gonna visit Vladimir Shafranov in a few weeks, he lives 300 meters from me; do you know him? DS.
Hi,
Great to hear from you. I truly appreciate your interest. It’s a great pleasure to know that a young drummer as yourself doesn’t mind listening to an old fart like me! ;o)

Yes, it was a matter of really unfortunate circumstances that I couldn’t make the gig in Åland as planned (the big gigs/project I had in the days just prior to that was being extended, so I was put in a very difficult situation there … long story!). Trust me, I had been looking very much forward to going to Åland! Fortunately the arrangers were very understanding of my situation, and we agreed to try to make it happen next year instead. Hope it works out, and that you’ll be able catch it! I’m glad you enjoyed the concert. I’m sure Daniel Frederiksson did a great job! Oh and please tell Vladimir Shafranov hi from me when you see him. I really hope we’ll get to play together soon!!!! :o)

The Griffin CD was fun. I’ve played with Johnny on many occassions – and througout many years – and I’ve always loved his playing and his personality. A great guy, and truly a little giant. So sad that he’s no longer with us!

I’ve been endorsed by Paiste since 1969 (wow, I just realise that’s almost 40 years!!!). The family/company has always treated me exceptionally well, and provided me with excellent gear, and so I’ve always been proud and happy to play their cymbals. It’s no secret that I’m particularly fond of their flat rides .. nothings beats and old 602 flat ride.;o) No, I don’t think they mind I sometimes played a no-brand Chinese crash for a while. The Ziljian must be have been an old K, and many many years ago; I hardly remember anymore. Anyways, for a long time now, I’ve been back to a Paiste only cymbal set-up and I love it. You are right though, that their focus seems to be more on rock. I would LOVE to make a Paiste signature jazz cymbal …. I’ve never been asked .. or asked them .. but who knows, maybe one day. ;o)

Thanks again for your message. I wish you all the best with your drumming!

Best wishes,
Alex

By the way, I'm going to post some more very soon. Got lots of stuff to tell you .. about new releases etc. So stay tuned. :o)

Last edited by Alex Riel; 09-20-2008 at 03:56 PM.