DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 04-26-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Practice Pad

Hi all! Im sure this has been covered in many other threads but I cant find a suitable one. So basically I want a durable practice pad (preferably very quiet). Any suggestions? Nothing too expensive but quality is essential. Hope everyones well x

- Kit! -
Old 04-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Practice Pad

I personally use 12" split vic firth with 2 surfaces(hard, soft) it works great and is quiet, also great for working on rolls/accents and when you really need to focus on your dynamics

My teacher has a really nice pad I'm not sure what it is but its even quieter then mine with just a little less bounch(perfect amount), I'll ask him next time and I'll let you know, im sure it will pop up on here

If anyone can take a guess its kinda yellowish in the same shape as a vic firth pad but just a little less bouncier
Old 04-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member

12inch HQ realfeel 2 sided drum pad.

Works very very well for me during marching band.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:37 PM

Hy there. Vic Firth and HQ Real Feels are some of the top pads out there. I recommand the 12" size because u can put it ontop of the snare or in the snare basket. They both make double side pad..one has a softer gum tipe rubber that's silent with more rebound and a black side with a harder material (neopren in the case of HQ) that is harder with less rebound for strengthening your muscles. Another good pad from Vic Firth is the Heavy Hitter pad but i heard is pretty loud. You can't go wrong with this two brands. ;)

Last edited by alin_cabria; 04-30-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Pioneer Member

Real feel 12" Yellow pad. the Black Neoprene can cause some tendonitis - so be aware of that if you start having any pain.

Mike

http://www.mikemccraw.com
http://www.dominoretroplate.com

http://www.youtube.com/drummermikemccraw
http://www.myspace.com/drummermikemccraw
Old 05-01-2007, 12:53 PM

Im thinking of getting the 12" HQ RealFeel Double Sided pad. Whats ur thoughts on this one?

- Kit! -
Old 05-05-2007, 05:01 AM
Silver Member

i love it. go for it. it's definitely the best i've ever played on.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:10 PM

I think is a great ideea. I'm waiting my HQ real feel double side practice pad to arrive from germany. I should have it 2-3 days. I will reply with my impresions. By the way check my post here on drummerworld about this pad and se the guys taht reply and also check www.remo.com and there will be some post about HQ Pads. Also on www.drumlines.org/ are reviews on practice pads..check them too.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:48 PM

hi, i was also thinking about getting the hq real feel double sided pad, but i can't decide which size to pick. I heard the 12" was very heavy and not too portable but will the 6" be too small?
thanks for your help.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Silver Member

the old 12"s (with the yellow surface) were pretty heavy, but the newer ones (with the grey) are better. It's still not feather-light, but i don't really mind.
the main problem with the 6" is it wont fit on a snare stand. also, it isn't as convenient for drumming with other people. you can fit several on a 12" if need be
Old 05-08-2007, 10:01 AM

Well mine came the other day (so any questions just ask). I got mine from a British site idrums.co.uk they are a good company, i've bought from them before, great delivery times always come in the morning and are super fast.

Anywho, I'm VERY pleased with the pad. It just seems great to play on, i've really got back into practicing my rudiments and its just perfect for it, really fast double strokes feel great on it. It is quite heavy but im not bothered about that, I've played the 6" and its just too small really, I like the 12" it feels more comfortable to practice on. I dont want to be practicing things on a small pad then move upto my 14" snare and feel that its too big. But all that asside, the pad is great and the harder side is really good for a full arm workout x

- Kit! -

Last edited by darknessdude16; 05-08-2007 at 10:02 AM. Reason: wrong words oops!
Old 05-08-2007, 08:17 PM

Nice. Have fun with your pad. Mine hasn't arived :((. How loud is it? Can u post a video with it (youtube or other site) to see it in action?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:17 PM

Finaly mine has arrived. I realy like it. The gray rubber it's textured and pretty quiet (quieter the vic firth) the rebound is very good. On the black side u can hear your sticks and is louder then the gray one. I like the wood cuz it's dense and looks very resistant