DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-14-2007, 03:07 AM
oiboiluis's Avatar
oiboiluis oiboiluis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Torrance, Ca.
Posts: 236
Default Griptape Wrapped Drums

Same ol' Peace Drums. The lacquer my uncle gave me to make me nice and shiny yellowed super quick so I wrapped them in griptape. Switched to all Paiste, and got some more hardware. Hope you guys like. And incase you dont know what they used to look like heres a previous post. And I added lugs to the bass to make it 10 on each side.
Specs:

Drums;
Peace Elevation Series
Bass 22 x 16
Tom 12 x 10
Floor 16 x 16

Cymbals; Paiste (Except Splash)
14" 404 Medium Hihats
16" 201 Crash
14" 404 Heavy Top Hat as crash
18" 1000 Rude China
20" 802 Plus Ride

12" Po' Boy Earth Jazz Splash

Misc hardware and po boy cowbell.

Old Kit






Last edited by oiboiluis; 04-14-2007 at 03:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-14-2007, 03:20 AM
maddrummr's Avatar
maddrummr maddrummr is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,984
Default Re: Griptape Wrapped Drums

Darn shame. Those stripes were sweet.

Although now you dont have to worry about scratching things as much.

Specs for the paistes please!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-14-2007, 03:48 AM
oiboiluis's Avatar
oiboiluis oiboiluis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Torrance, Ca.
Posts: 236
Default Re: Griptape Wrapped Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddrummr View Post
Darn shame. Those stripes were sweet.

Although now you dont have to worry about scratching things as much.

Specs for the paistes please!
The specs are in the original post under the drums specs.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-14-2007, 04:04 AM
drumminjohn's Avatar
drumminjohn drumminjohn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 420
Default Re: Griptape Wrapped Drums

That actually looks really cool... Does it affect the sound?
__________________
I like my toms like I like my women, loose and fat.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-14-2007, 04:43 AM
Red Hawk's Avatar
Red Hawk Red Hawk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 255
Default Re: Griptape Wrapped Drums

looks like that stuff you spray in truck beds.

pretty cool idea. it's really stealthy.

I suppose it probably doesn't change the sound much more than any other wrap, although the drums are probably heavier. Maybe?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-14-2007, 05:38 AM
oiboiluis's Avatar
oiboiluis oiboiluis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Torrance, Ca.
Posts: 236
Default Re: Griptape Wrapped Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumminjohn View Post
That actually looks really cool... Does it affect the sound?
Nope the grip doesn't change it at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
looks like that stuff you spray in truck beds.

pretty cool idea. it's really stealthy.

I suppose it probably doesn't change the sound much more than any other wrap, although the drums are probably heavier. Maybe?
They aren't noticibly heavier just a tiny bit more than normal wrap would.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-14-2007, 07:00 AM
drozzy's Avatar
drozzy drozzy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 396
Default Re: Griptape Wrapped Drums

Wow - almost like a black sparkle! About 6 coats of clearcoat over that and it would shine! And it would scracth everything it comes intyo contact with :p

Mind if i ask where you got such large pieces? It looks good, wouldnt mind trying it out on some of my old shells i have lying around.
__________________
Gretsch - Silverfox - Meinl - Janus - Gibraltar - Evans
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-14-2007, 09:59 AM
bonzo49's Avatar
bonzo49 bonzo49 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 166
Default Re: Griptape Wrapped Drums

I loved the stripes, this is pretty cool though.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-15-2007, 12:04 AM
Sonor_Power's Avatar
Sonor_Power Sonor_Power is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Norway
Posts: 26
Default Re: Griptape Wrapped Drums

That's cool! Just don't scratch your leg on the floor-tom! Ouch!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-15-2007, 12:32 AM
hawk9290's Avatar
hawk9290 hawk9290 is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tempe, AZ/Columbus, OH/Punta Gorda, Fl
Posts: 1,054
Default Re: Griptape Wrapped Drums

Thus far the award for most creative use of a random piece of material as a covering for a drum shell goes to you! That is rather clever, I never would have thought of it- plus if your sticks get a bit rough, you can rub the on the drums and it will probably sand them right out! and for all the times when an F/A-18 Super Hornet is about to land on your drums, they're now prepared to do the stopping. Really though that does look cool and is very creative.
__________________
"When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe."- Henry Thoreau
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-15-2007, 07:32 PM
oiboiluis's Avatar
oiboiluis oiboiluis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Torrance, Ca.
Posts: 236
Default Re: Griptape Wrapped Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by drozzy View Post
Wow - almost like a black sparkle! About 6 coats of clearcoat over that and it would shine! And it would scracth everything it comes intyo contact with :p

Mind if i ask where you got such large pieces? It looks good, wouldnt mind trying it out on some of my old shells i have lying around.
They are actually rather small i just did a good job of concealing the seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzo49 View Post
I loved the stripes, this is pretty cool though.
Thanks. The stripes were sweet but not after the stuff yellowed. =(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonor_Power View Post
That's cool! Just don't scratch your leg on the floor-tom! Ouch!
Yea that's why the stick bag is covering it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk9290 View Post
Thus far the award for most creative use of a random piece of material as a covering for a drum shell goes to you! That is rather clever, I never would have thought of it- plus if your sticks get a bit rough, you can rub the on the drums and it will probably sand them right out! and for all the times when an F/A-18 Super Hornet is about to land on your drums, they're now prepared to do the stopping. Really though that does look cool and is very creative.
Haha thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-21-2007, 09:29 AM
oiboiluis's Avatar
oiboiluis oiboiluis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Torrance, Ca.
Posts: 236
Default Re: Griptape Wrapped Drums

:Cough: BUMP :Cough:
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-01-2007, 10:11 PM
oiboiluis's Avatar
oiboiluis oiboiluis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Torrance, Ca.
Posts: 236
Default Re: Griptape Wrapped Drums

(=p Bump Bump Bump d=)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-02-2007, 12:40 AM
masonni's Avatar
masonni masonni is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,329
Default Re: Griptape Wrapped Drums

That's sweet!
You should email the pics to the guys at Peace and show them what you did!
If you need their email addresses let me know.
__________________
nickmason.org
facebook
Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-03-2007, 06:54 AM
oiboiluis's Avatar
oiboiluis oiboiluis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Torrance, Ca.
Posts: 236
Default Re: Griptape Wrapped Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonni View Post
That's sweet!
You should email the pics to the guys at Peace and show them what you did!
If you need their email addresses let me know.
Yea that would be cool i have nothing to lose. Just pm me the email address or something.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Ozzy Biz's Avatar
Ozzy Biz Ozzy Biz is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Behind you...
Posts: 1,464
Default Re: Griptape Wrapped Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by drozzy View Post
Wow - almost like a black sparkle! About 6 coats of clearcoat over that and it would shine! And it would scracth everything it comes intyo contact with :p

Mind if i ask where you got such large pieces? It looks good, wouldnt mind trying it out on some of my old shells i have lying around.
The gloss finish over griptape idea could be really good I think. try it on a spare bit first (not on the drums) and see if it comes up well. If you could put on enough that it resulted in a smooth (or nearly smooth) finish it's be really cool.
__________________
Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!
Vamanos! Vamanos!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-05-2007, 12:19 AM
oiboiluis's Avatar
oiboiluis oiboiluis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Torrance, Ca.
Posts: 236
Default Re: Griptape Wrapped Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy Biz View Post
The gloss finish over griptape idea could be really good I think. try it on a spare bit first (not on the drums) and see if it comes up well. If you could put on enough that it resulted in a smooth (or nearly smooth) finish it's be really cool.
Yea i would but the gloss would kill the sparkle effect of the griptape from the sun.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com