DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 03-31-2007, 06:44 AM
Pioneer Member

Default DW 9000 pedal

You know you just have one of those days that's great. Well Friday was one of them for me. The wife picked up a DW9000 pedal for me for my birthday. I've been thinking about getting one since they first came out and just couldn't bring myself to drop the cash on it. Well I must have done something good because here it sits in my living room. Only downside was I had to go to work right after I got it and just got home (12:30 in the morning probably isn't the best time to try out new drum gear and keep the neighbors happy.)

She got me the single since I mentioned to her a few times I haven't been using the slave pedal on my older 5002 in a long time, not ever thinking she'd buy me a pedal, but told me if I really wanted to have that second pedal I could exchange this one for the 9002. Man I feel like I hit the jackpot.

What a GREAT WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for the morning :-)
Old 03-31-2007, 03:31 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: DW 9000 pedal

Nice, she sounds like a little darlin'...............

Im back (unofficialy) with Pro.Mark Drumsticks. (TX5ABW)
Old 03-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Rickk

Sounds like she deserves a nice dinner from her loving husband, that is wonderful.

Rick
Old 03-31-2007, 05:54 PM
Silver Member

Wow, what a nice thing to do.

Any way I could introduce my wife to your wife? I have a birthday coming up in a few months...

spleen
Old 03-31-2007, 07:27 PM

Congrats man! My wife has bought me drum items for gifts in the past. Haven't got to the level of a DW9000, though...yet...

:-)
Old 03-31-2007, 11:53 PM
Pioneer Member

I'm definately lucky, she's bought me cymbals in the past but this one is by far the tops she's done for drum gear!! Funny thing is she keeps telling me I don't need any more drum stuff then she turns around and buys it.

Part the stinks is I haven't even had a chance to try the pedal yet, woke up at 6:30 this morning with the flu and feel like dirt :-( I just see it sitting there in the bag looking all shiny and ready to be used. Hopefully tomorrow!!!(fingers crossed.)
Old 04-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Silver Member

Man I hope you feel better soon brother. I would be sooooo itching to play them. Hey congrats on both a great pedal and a great wife. Hope you feel well soon.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Pioneer Member

Thanks Mapex!! I felt so lousy yesterday I didn't even think about playing, heck I didn't even have the energy to read about the adjustments you can make to it. Feeling better today than yesterday, but really weak, so hopefully it will get a few minutes of playing on it if I can muster up some energy.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Platinum Member

awwwwww.....no iron cobras???:(

Old 04-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

I'm not a particular fan of Iron Cobras particularly, I'm a DW user too (5000 series this time).

Well done Kona, she sounds really great. You certainly deserve them, you've been nothing but a saint online since the day I met you.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Pioneer Member

Thanks MFB for the kind words!!!

Yeah I've never been a big fan of the IC's either. They make a good pedal, just not the one for me. This is my third DW pedal going back to the original 5002 series in the mid to late 80's then the first incarnation 5002 with the delta hinge now the 9000 :-)
Old 04-02-2007, 03:33 AM
Silver Member

Very cool. 9000's are very sweet. I also play the 5000s, but would love to upgrade.
Congrats on the cool wife. I too am blessed with a very understanding spouse.

Noble & Cooley Horizon Reissue, Craviotto Solid Maple 4-Piece
Old 04-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Gold Member

The 9002 is a very nice pedal. I played the 5002 for ten years, loved it, but the 9002 is definitely a step above. Congrats on the gift.

Jenkins-Martin, Blaemire, & Ludwig drums
Old 04-11-2007, 03:18 AM
Gold Member

You'll love the 9000 if you've been a DW pedal user. I really like mine. Smooth, quiet and effortless. Heavy duty too, you'll have that puppy for a while! Enjoy!
Old 04-11-2007, 04:24 AM

congrats man! have you tried it out yet? Hows it sound? I was thinking of maybe getting one but dropping that much cash is a problem for me too since I'm already dropping a lot on a new Taye set. 'sigh' so much to buy.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:20 AM
Pioneer Member

I finally made it back to Sam Ash to try out the double on Monday, between the flu and the past week being super busy I just didn't have time. Man is that thing buttery smooooooth!!
I was able to do things with my left foot I can't do on the ones I have now. Now I just have to decide if I want to spend the extra cash on the double. I figured I could sell the ones I have now to help make up the difference, just need to decide if I intend to do enough double bass work to justify it. I can say either way whether you want a double or a single it's an awesome pedal!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 03:31 AM
Pioneer Member

Well as nice as the double pedal was I just couldn't justify spending another $250 for the slave pedal. I haven't used my left pedal in a year or better and when I tested the double out again I just didn't find the desire to do double bass work, it just didn't feel creative to me anymore and the music I'm playing doesn't use any double bass stuff. I decided I'd rather save the money and put it towards something else for my kit like another snare or something that will get a ton of use. I figure I've still got my old 5002 if for some reason I need or want to play some double bass stuff so I'm not completely out.

Now with that said I hooked the single onto the bass tonight. Yeowwwwwwwww this thing is buttery smooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) Holy cow what a difference between my 12 year old 5002 pedals and these. The footboard feels wider and longer and this thing is incredibly smoooooth right out of the box and has such a great feel. Needless to say I'm happy!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:18 PM

I tried the 9000. Its a solid pedal, but IMHO, it feels almost identical to the IC. I thought the two felt a little top heavy. That was the characteristic that pushed me to purchase the Pearl 2000C/B, which felt like the center of gravity was a lot lower. It became more apparent to me when I leaned on them. At that point the DW9000, and IC wobbled a little. Maybe I'm being too picky... I don't know.