DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 03-02-2007, 11:30 PM

Default Broken Double Kick = very sad me. :(

well its not entirely broken, but the thing that connects the spring to the petal snapped off. i went to my local hardware store to see if they had it there, but they didnt. i tried making a replica of it out of wire, but it just bent out of shape and fell apart. so basically im just wondering how i could get the part. i play a DW 4000 double kick btw. i know im probably worrying too much about something so little, but i havent played my double kick in like a week, and im beginning to miss it. if somehow i cant get the part myself, im just going to have to take it into my music shop, and they can order it in or something. so just if you know where to get the part, then please respond. if no one responds, ill take a pic to let you know what im talking about.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Broken Double Kick = very sad me. :(

Your local DW dealer would be the best bet....
Mike
Old 03-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwards Marathon View Post
well its not entirely broken, but the thing that connects the spring to the petal snapped off. i went to my local hardware store to see if they had it there, but they didnt. i tried making a replica of it out of wire, but it just bent out of shape and fell apart. so basically im just wondering how i could get the part. i play a DW 4000 double kick btw. i know im probably worrying too much about something so little, but i havent played my double kick in like a week, and im beginning to miss it. if somehow i cant get the part myself, im just going to have to take it into my music shop, and they can order it in or something. so just if you know where to get the part, then please respond. if no one responds, ill take a pic to let you know what im talking about.
HA! Should've got a Duallist!

Seriously, though, I don't really understand what you're referring to. The spring doesn't directly connect with the pedal. In most pedals - all the ones I know of - the spring is attached to a small hook/pin/cam that is attached to the axle that is attached to the cam that is attached to the chain/strap that is attached to the pedal. And there are a few more pieces in between if you're talking about the slave pedal.

I don't think you could repair the broken part, but it might not be too hard to fabricate a replacement if you have some access to some moderately advanced tools like a drill press, grinder, Dremel, tap and die set, and bending jig. I'd need to see it to give a diagnosis. A pic would help.

If the rest of the pedal is still in good shape, you might be better off ordering the parts, but I hear DW is really stingy with replacement stuff.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:35 AM
Administrator

If you are talking about the triangular shaped piece that goes on the pedal shaft and attaches to the spring, they can be found on line

Here you go 4 bucks or so for a pair.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Rod?sku=446277
Old 03-03-2007, 01:33 AM

Deathmetalconga, i would never lower myself to buying a dualist, and i should have been more clearer. it the pin that snapped, sry for any confusion.

Gruntersdad, that is exactly the thing i need, not the spring, but the little pin. i guess the triangle rod is the correct term for it? but yeah, thats what i need. i dont have a local DW dealer, but ill check out my music store next time i go to lessons. ill just get them to order the little pin for me if i cant find it. id buy it from musicians friend, but i live in canada. grrrrr.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:06 AM
Pioneer Member

If that's what you need I'd just buy from MF, unless you live in Quebec they won't ship it there. If you do find a DW dealer I'd bet money on them having to order in that part and would take a little bit more time. So how bad you need to play that thing is the question.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:18 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Deathmetalconga, i would never lower myself to buying a dualist, and i should have been more clearer. it the pin that snapped, sry for any confusion.

Gruntersdad, that is exactly the thing i need, not the spring, but the little pin. i guess the triangle rod is the correct term for it? but yeah, thats what i need. i dont have a local DW dealer, but ill check out my music store next time i go to lessons. ill just get them to order the little pin for me if i cant find it. id buy it from musicians friend, but i live in canada. grrrrr.

Thanks for the comments.
HAHA! Actually, the analogous parts on a Duallist are made of cast and machined aluminum, not little bits of wire, so this failure could never happen.

Have you tried using a split circular key ring, the kind people use to keep their everyday keys on that is one strip of circular steel wound in a compressed coil? You stick your fingernail under one end to slide the key around in a circle. One of these of the right size might work fine, or at least until you got a proper replacement. The only trick would be it might slip off the axle cam pin if there was insufficient tension on the pedal. But it's worth a try.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:24 PM
da cheese walks

Quote:
Deathmetalconga, i would never lower myself to buying a dualist,
Oooooh!!!some stirrin going on in the camp!!haha!

and Deathmetalconga snappy with the comebacks.... woop!!haha!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:59 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
HAHA! Actually, the analogous parts on a Duallist are made of cast and machined aluminum, not little bits of wire, so this failure could never happen.
That's right folks, Dualists are the ONLY drum pedals on the market that are created without using little bits of wire.

yeah right.

My Yamaha Kit: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showt...050#post287050