DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 02-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Silver Member

Default Need help with choosing thorone

Hello, all!
I cuurently have a crap $20 throne, that I now hate. It is small, hard and sqeeky. The most important factor is that my back really HURTS after I have played for an hour or two.

I am putting up an order on music123.com (I do know that they are not the cheapest, but they are the cheapest one that I have seen that ships to my country).
My concern is what throne I should pick. I am now looking at the Pearl Ergo seat, the Girbraltar Over Sized (seat with backrest) that is not as sturdy as the
other Over sized Gibraltar I am looking at, It think.

Can anyone tell me:

1: Is the gibraltar 9608OS sturdyer than the 9608MB (with backrest), or is it the same throne?

2: Is the Pearl as good as I think, and is it more heavy duty/ sturdyer than the others.

3:Do you know of any other cheap(er) sites that can ship fairly cheap to my country?
The shipping on music123.com is at $40 for a throne, some drum keys, snare wires and a bundle of stcks.

If any of you have either of the thrones, or know somebody that owns one of them,
I would love for you guys to gove me some feedback ( good/bad, It wobbles, it is hard a.s.o,). I see any help as good help

In advance: Thank you a lot!

.Mofle

Last edited by mofle; 02-15-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Need help with choosing thorone

Please help me! My back is really bad, and I really need a new throne. I can buy: Yamaha, DW, PDP, Pearl, and Gibraltar. Please help me fast!

Thanks.

-mofle
Old 02-17-2007, 04:11 PM

can you buy a roc n soc throne?

Here's the link:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...one?sku=442612

Very nice, heavy duty, and you can adjust it in like one second because it's hydraulic!

I strongly recommend it.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsch223 View Post
can you buy a roc n soc throne?

Here's the link:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...one?sku=442612

Very nice, heavy duty, and you can adjust it in like one second because it's hydraulic!

I strongly recommend it.

No, that is the problem... I wanted one of those, but music123.com don't have them... I can only choose the brands I have listed... I think they are going to give me a deal on the pearl, because I used their ''Found it cheaper, we will beat that price'' (or something like that) button... Anyone have (tried) the Pearl D-2000?
Old 02-18-2007, 03:53 AM
Rickk

Roc n Soc Throne, I just Replaced my Tama Padded Throne with the Roc n Soc and also added the Back rest, very comfortable can sit there and play for hours.
There must be somewhere you can get one, what about Ebay?

Rick
Old 02-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Silver Member

The problem with places other than music123.com is that they either do not ship to my country at all, or it costs like $92 for shipping alone... I can not afford that...But I will try sending an email to music123.com asking them if they can stock them...
Old 02-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Rickk

It's worth a try, but maybe someone else out there has used one of the other thrones you are looking at, before I made my purchase I asked several drummers what throne they liked and the Roc N Soc was the winner, and that proved true in my case, the Hydraulic lift is very nice and the seat is smooth and well balanced also the back rest is very nice, helps me to sit up straight while leaning back on it, less back pain and fatigue.

Rick
Old 02-18-2007, 04:10 PM

I have a DW airlift, enjoy it very much. Its a heavy piece of kit, and i have the round seat, not the tractor that can come with the back rest. See if you can get yourself on as many thrones as you can, see what you find works for you.