DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 01-17-2007, 11:54 PM

Default My (completed) cymbal lineup

...For now, anyways LOL!
Left to right, 14" Sabian HH Sound Control crash (more like a fast crash), 10" XS20 China Splash (very funky!), 16" Signature (Virgil Donati) Saturation crash, with an inverted 8" HH splash on top, 16" Wuhan Lion China, and my beloved Zildjian 22" K Ride. (Not shown: 14" Sabian AA Sizzle hats).
It's taken me more than three years of trials and trade ins to get to this point, but I think I am finally happy with my lineup. I also have a 7" Sabian Stage ice bell, and a 6" B8 Pro Splash that I haven't found a place for yet; I may trade them in for something else...
Drums are Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage Nouveaus with matte black oak finish and CB rotos. I'm going to lose the Aquarian P2's and go back to Evans G2 clears...
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: My (completed) cymbal lineup

very cool set up! can u give us some more pics from different angles? I wanna see more of that kit! very nice
Old 01-18-2007, 12:14 AM

Sure thing, and thank you for your reply!
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2007, 12:19 AM

Awesome! how do you like the 22 K ride? Do you crash it much?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Platinum Member

Sweet kit and cymbals man. How the K ride? Ive had my eye set on the 20inch model.
Hmmm i would find it hard to do a rimshot with that snare angle though.

cool roto's
Old 01-20-2007, 12:44 AM

The K ride is the best ride I've ever played on, and I've tried quite a few others (20" Sabian Pro, 22" Zildjian Z Custom Power ride (YIKES!!!), 22" Paragon, and a 20" AA Medium/Heavy). The K is perfect for almost any kind of music, except maybe for thrash metal, I suppose. Very dark sounding with just the right amount of ping, and a nice wash without too much undertone. I do crash it occasionally, and it has tremendous buildup . (Usually, just to accent the ending of a song). The bell is great too...Mad, the 20" you are talking about is , I believe, the K Heavy ride. A buddy of mine has one and says it's great, with more ping (stick defintion) than the 22".
About the snare angle-that was the first time I had really set up and played my Stage Customs (at a New Year's gig), so I was kind of flying by the seat of my pants lol. My old set were Tama Stagestars, and the dimensions of this new kit were very different to me. I now have the snare set lower and at less of an angle.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:06 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
...The K is perfect for almost any kind of music, except maybe for thrash metal...
I completely agree. I also own one, and it is perfect for just about anything, except it may be a little overbearing for light jazz. Some tape could fix this easily, I'm sure. Excellent setup, thumper.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:56 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
The K ride is the best ride I've ever played on, and I've tried quite a few others (20" Sabian Pro, 22" Zildjian Z Custom Power ride (YIKES!!!), 22" Paragon, and a 20" AA Medium/Heavy). The K is perfect for almost any kind of music, except maybe for thrash metal, I suppose. Very dark sounding with just the right amount of ping, and a nice wash without too much undertone. I do crash it occasionally, and it has tremendous buildup . (Usually, just to accent the ending of a song). The bell is great too...Mad, the 20" you are talking about is , I believe, the K Heavy ride. A buddy of mine has one and says it's great, with more ping (stick defintion) than the 22".
About the snare angle-that was the first time I had really set up and played my Stage Customs (at a New Year's gig), so I was kind of flying by the seat of my pants lol. My old set were Tama Stagestars, and the dimensions of this new kit were very different to me. I now have the snare set lower and at less of an angle.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Zildjian-K-Ride-Cymbal?sku=441183

I think i see what your saying, the link up there says just Zildjian K ride that is what i was looking at, So your are talking about the Zildjian K medium ride i suppose which is at musicians friend only in the 22inch model.
Thanks for the info, maybe I will save up some more for the medium.

EDIT: the link works just copy and paste it

Last edited by maddrummr; 01-20-2007 at 01:58 AM. Reason: see EDIT