DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-13-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Hauling hardware/stands

Other than actual cases/bags for the stands, what other things have you found that work good for hauling all your stands. I have a plastic container, but it's too long and wide. I'm going to need a two wheel dolly to handle it. I'm guessing with all the stands, it's gotta be close to 50-60 lbs or more.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:27 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Hauling hardware/stands

A golf club bag works well for me.

NRCA Drumline
06 Snare- Drumline Captain
07 Snare- Drumline Captain
Old 01-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Gold Member

i roll my stands up in my drum carpet. i have a carpet with all my tape set out so i can set up the same way every time. makes for a good way to store stands.

Myspace-Add me!
Old 01-13-2007, 09:32 AM

i went to a local music shop and bought 3 bags for mic stands or light stands. They're cheap, small and fit 5 or so cymbal stands. I put my 7 pieces of rack in one, my hihat, 2 snare stands, 3 tom mounts, throne base, floor tom legs and one cymbal stand in another, and the 3rd one is just extra and usually has cymbal stands in it for jazz gigs.

The bags are made by "OnStage" and they're like 30 bucks a piece. WAAAY cheaper than any "hardware" bag i've ever found. I can get 2 of them in the trunk of my 94 toyota tercel with no problems, and I have 2 12" subwoofers.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Pioneer Member

Great thread Great threadGreat threadGreat threadGreat threadGreat threadGreat threadGreat threadGreat threadGreat thread....

Considering all of the other repeat BS threads, this is seriously one of the most annoying things about truly working/gigging as a kit player. I HATE HARDWARE!!!! There, I said it. I know we need it, but it's ugly, bulky, heavy and generally burdensome.

My solution? Keep your preferred bass pedal and hi-hat stand and buy the cheapest, lightest single braced hardware you can find and an army duffle bag and cut down on the chiropractic bills. Look, if you work enough to have to haul all this S*** more than once a week, then you probably play in a tight space with stairs and no roady. That's my situation anyway....

I use the studio's hardware if I record because it doesn't rattle, but I've saved dollars, backaches and time by grabbing a half dozen ludwig single braced flat stands for $30 a piece. Not that I use 6 cymbals, but I have extra parts and options.

Peace!!!

-G
Old 01-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Pioneer Member

Everything fits into this. One of my best investments so far...SKB stand case
Old 01-15-2007, 08:23 AM

My hardware bag is made by Galaxy, owned by Humes and Berg, their low cost brand. Sixty bucks, fits all my heavy stands, throne, disassembled hi hat stand, and it has wheels! Got it at my local percussion store.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:11 AM

I found a plastic case on wheels that is normally used to hold a "convention" style display.
Company I work for was getting rid of old outdated displays. I took the case to use as a hardware case. Hinged top, on wheels, rigid plastic, padded bottom...........And FREE.

It works great...

Check with your employer or even a college to see if they have any outdated displays that they may be willing to part with.

I am looking for more of the same for some other drummers I know who keep threatening to steal mine.

Hope that helps!

Christian Drummers Army
Old 01-16-2007, 11:24 AM

I use hockey gear bags, which come in many different styles & sizes. My "primary" bags have a stiff insert in the bottom, two wheels on one end with a pull handle on the other end....................LVDC
Old 01-16-2007, 01:14 PM

An old grasshopper type golf club bag is great. This is the type that has backpack straps on it. You can comfortably carry 4 heavy duty type stands with some other junk - and a 9 iron for self defense...

Get this, plus a backpack cymbal bag, soft drum case bags, and a duffle bag for other junk, and you can pack and carry pretty easily (into just about any place - upstairs/downstairs/alleys/ghettos/cool cribs/churches/baghdad) without breaking your back.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:28 PM
DrummerMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
Other than actual cases/bags for the stands, what other things have you found that work good for hauling all your stands. I have a plastic container, but it's too long and wide. I'm going to need a two wheel dolly to handle it. I'm guessing with all the stands, it's gotta be close to 50-60 lbs or more.

I use a Rubbermade Trash can. I play in a mobile group for my church and can put everything minus the bass in there.

two boom stands, snare stand, throne, bass pedal, hi hat stand (with top rod removed)
music stand, music folder, snare in gator padded bag.
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerMom View Post
I use a Rubbermade Trash can. I play in a mobile group for my church and can put everything minus the bass in there.

two boom stands, snare stand, throne, bass pedal, hi hat stand (with top rod removed)
music stand, music folder, snare in gator padded bag.
now that's a cool idea. also, if you get sick of your hardware, you can just leave the can out for trash...you also might need to worry about people thinking it's actually a trash can at your gigs....could get loaded up with beer cans and other rubbish...
Old 01-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphinelli View Post
now that's a cool idea. also, if you get sick of your hardware, you can just leave the can out for trash...you also might need to worry about people thinking it's actually a trash can at your gigs....could get loaded up with beer cans and other rubbish...
Good luck trying to fit a giant trash can in your car/SUV. Now the golf bag is a good idea.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:39 PM

One of my old Army duffle bags works well for me.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:54 PM
X22

Been using hockey bags forever.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Underhill View Post
Good luck trying to fit a giant trash can in your car/SUV. Now the golf bag is a good idea.
The F-150 can fit any size trash can you can find....;-)
Not everyone has such a monster....lol...

The grasshopper golf bag thing is great since I don't have a bunch of roadies and I always seem to be going up and down stairs and in small spaces. You can find these at garage sales or ebay or craigslist. Get an old crappy one.

The trashcan method would require access that might not be there....or you'd have to have your buddy help you walk it up a stairs....or you try it yourself and break your back and have the whole thing come tumbling down....then you may throw the trash can in the trash.....lol...
Old 01-16-2007, 06:46 PM
DrummerMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphinelli View Post

I have a sign on the lid that says not for trash.

Last edited by DrummerMom; 01-16-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Platinum Member

Expensive but worth it: I've had one of these for almost two years. I got it at a golf supply store (probably the first and last time I will ever set foot in such a place) but I now see GC stocking them.

http://www.skbcases.com/sports/produ...art2/final.jpg

For pedals, hand percussion, tool box, sticks, etc. etc., I use this, which doubles as a great mixer table with a decorative cloth over it:

http://www.stanleytools.com/catalog_...01_mid_res.jpg

For moving drums, I use the all-around Rocknroller cart at http://www.rocknrollercart.com/image...BY-side3x2.jpg

www.terrasonus.com
Old 01-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Pioneer Member

I use an SKB trap case and it works great. My hardware is DW 9000 series. 3 cymbal stands, hi hat, and snare stand. The top tray holds my pedal, double tom mount, and percussion.

The case is large enough that I just take off the boom arms and fold up the base and everything fits. The only down side is that it's about 150 pounds. The case has wheels so it can be managed without too much fuss. Getting into the car can be tough though.
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2007, 12:12 AM

I took all the boxes i got the hardware in put them toghether, and wrapped it with duct tape

-george
Old 01-17-2007, 03:54 AM

I use an underarmor baseball bag ( i think its a baseball bag...) but it's crazy sturdy, cheaper than bags/cases specifically designed for hardware, no ends stick out like with golf bags, but there also is no padding, or wheels,
try it only as a short term solution though, it's quite a workout unless you lift.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
Great thread Great threadGreat threadGreat threadGreat threadGreat threadGreat threadGreat threadGreat threadGreat thread....

Considering all of the other repeat BS threads, this is seriously one of the most annoying things about truly working/gigging as a kit player. I HATE HARDWARE!!!! There, I said it. I know we need it, but it's ugly, bulky, heavy and generally burdensome.

My solution? Keep your preferred bass pedal and hi-hat stand and buy the cheapest, lightest single braced hardware you can find and an army duffle bag and cut down on the chiropractic bills. Look, if you work enough to have to haul all this S*** more than once a week, then you probably play in a tight space with stairs and no roady. That's my situation anyway....

I use the studio's hardware if I record because it doesn't rattle, but I've saved dollars, backaches and time by grabbing a half dozen ludwig single braced flat stands for $30 a piece. Not that I use 6 cymbals, but I have extra parts and options.

Peace!!!

-G

To remember a joke......

The best sounding drumset is the one I don't have to set up!

Mike

http://www.mikemccraw.com
http://www.dominoretroplate.com

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=drummermikemccraw
Old 01-17-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady Freddy View Post
I use an SKB trap case and it works great. My hardware is DW 9000 series. 3 cymbal stands, hi hat, and snare stand. The top tray holds my pedal, double tom mount, and percussion.

The case is large enough that I just take off the boom arms and fold up the base and everything fits. The only down side is that it's about 150 pounds. The case has wheels so it can be managed without too much fuss. Getting into the car can be tough though.
These things are indistructable LOL I use em for my stands. And we have several more for cabling ect.

Mike
Old 01-17-2007, 09:14 AM

I take the cymbals and drums off, fold the booms in, and fold the rack and im done! takes about 5 minutes, and it fits perfectly in a van without having to take anything apart.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitch View Post
To remember a joke......

The best sounding drumset is the one I don't have to set up!

Mike

http://www.mikemccraw.com
http://www.dominoretroplate.com

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=drummermikemccraw
Amen to that. I need to get one of those!