DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 01-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Silver Member

Default New Bosphorus Hats!

WOO!

Although I'm more of a windowshopper when it comes to eBay, I finally sucked it up and made a purchase, and boy did I luck out!

I found a pair of Bosphorus Traditional 14" Hats, the weights are 1030/1270. Although I don't have a soundclip for them, I looked on cymbalsonly.com for something comparative, and although they weren't the exact weights, they were close enough to get a good feel of what the hats would sound like -- and I should be very pleased.

Oh, did I forget the pricetag? 174.99
Yeah, I'm excited! They should be here within a week, so check back then and I should have pictures and sound samples up. Finally my 20" Med-Thin Trad. ride will have it's counterpart!

Old 01-10-2007, 02:33 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: New Bosphorus Hats!

wow those look Great! what a price too. cant wait to hear the soundclip
Old 01-10-2007, 02:57 AM
Silver Member

Thats awesome man!! Congrats and let us here them! : )

Peace
AGR
Old 01-10-2007, 02:58 AM
Platinum Member

Awesome. I have the same hats, but in 986 and 1206 weights, and they match my heavy traditional ride. I'm just putting some cash together for an 18" med-thin crash, or that's the idea anyway.

Biz
Old 01-10-2007, 03:16 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy Biz View Post
Awesome. I have the same hats, but in 986 and 1206 weights, and they match my heavy traditional ride. I'm just putting some cash together for an 18" med-thin crash, or that's the idea anyway.

Biz
I'm assuming those are their Light hats? I checked out a few of them, but my playing preference is more towards heavier hats and lighter rides.. so I guess we're opposites?

I'm also interested in adding a crash or crash/ride to my Bosphorus collection, however I really have my heart set on owning 20" crash/ride. I've listened to samples of the Stanton Moore Trash Crash but I'm not entirely thrilled with some of the overtones it gives.. are you aware of any other 20" crash/rides from Bosphorus?

Old 01-10-2007, 03:47 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung_f00 View Post
WOO!

Although I'm more of a windowshopper when it comes to eBay, I finally sucked it up and made a purchase, and boy did I luck out!

I found a pair of Bosphorus Traditional 14" Hats, the weights are 1030/1270. Although I don't have a soundclip for them, I looked on cymbalsonly.com for something comparative, and although they weren't the exact weights, they were close enough to get a good feel of what the hats would sound like -- and I should be very pleased.

Oh, did I forget the pricetag? 174.99
Yeah, I'm excited! They should be here within a week, so check back then and I should have pictures and sound samples up. Finally my 20" Med-Thin Trad. ride will have it's counterpart!
175$!?!?!?!? Wow thats a deal for bosphorus cymbals. Geez that makes me want them really badly.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:57 AM
Platinum Member

what a deal on some nice lookin hats!!
Your gonna have to show us how those things sound.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:01 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A Drummer View Post
175$!?!?!?!? Wow thats a deal for bosphorus cymbals. Geez that makes me want them really badly.
Yeah, honestly.. eBay always gets some amazing deals on Bosphorus cymbals. You can easily find any given cymbal for 75-50% of the regular price.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung_f00 View Post
I'm assuming those are their Light hats? I checked out a few of them, but my playing preference is more towards heavier hats and lighter rides.. so I guess we're opposites?

I'm also interested in adding a crash or crash/ride to my Bosphorus collection, however I really have my heart set on owning 20" crash/ride. I've listened to samples of the Stanton Moore Trash Crash but I'm not entirely thrilled with some of the overtones it gives.. are you aware of any other 20" crash/rides from Bosphorus?
My hats are Medium weight ones. I'm not entirely sure on the weights; I bought them in-store, not from cymbalsonly or a site where they say the exact weights. Regardless, the kick @ss.

As for the 20" crash/ride, you could try some of the thinner rides, either in traditional, masters, or hammer series. If I remember correctly, the Hammer series has a 22" crash/ride. Check the Bosphorus site for the catalogue, however last time I checked it was missing several models, including my ride. Good luck, and let us know if you pick something up.

Biz
Old 01-10-2007, 01:19 PM
fusssion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy Biz View Post
As for the 20" crash/ride, you could try some of the thinner rides, either in traditional, masters, or hammer series. If I remember correctly, the Hammer series has a 22" crash/ride.
Biz
The Hammer crash/rides are 20 and 22 ....my brother in law has the 20 with rivets.......WOW, very nice jazz ride!!! VERY!! Jeff Hamilton uses the 22 with rivets and the 20 without, of course, we know how that sounds! ;)
Old 01-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Pioneer Member

great choice. i'm a lucky owner of those babies for about 3 years right now, and they're just ideal! what a price too.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:15 PM
KARL MEMBER

Wow, really great and for this price: you can`t do anything wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom View Post
wow those look Great! what a price too. cant wait to hear the soundclip
here is a soundclip of a 14" Traditional (wanted to choose some which have a similar weight):

http://www.cymbalsonly.com/cymbals/B...b10181224k.mp3

Karl

Drummerworld Myspace.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer Karl View Post
Wow, really great and for this price: you can`t do anything wrong!

here is a soundclip of a 14" Traditional (wanted to choose some which have a similar weight):

http://www.cymbalsonly.com/cymbals/B...b10181224k.mp3

Karl
Thanks Karl, that was actually the same soundclip I was referencing. And boy, do they sound yummy.. but I'm sure my heavier pair is gonna blow those out of the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacperivo View Post
great choice. i'm a lucky owner of those babies for about 3 years right now, and they're just ideal! what a price too.
Yeah man! I've been listening to a lot of your stuff, and it's good to know another fan of Stanton Moore.. I've got three of his albums, and I must listen to his stuff almost every day. Gives me great groove ideas. I've also checked out your kit, and I'm grinning because you're the only other guy I've seen that has the three tom setup with a floor tom on other side. But anyway, I digress.. what are the weights of your hats?