DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > DrummerWorld Site News

DrummerWorld Site News What's New at DrummerWorld

Old 10-17-2006, 11:38 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: How do you get on Drummerworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer Karl
er...I never thought that you are from south africa...
Where in South Africa are you from Nutha?

My dad just got back from there after teaching for 5 weeks at the University of KwaZulu-Natal in Durban. He said the Indian Ocean coastline and the game reserves were amazing.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:39 AM
Silver Member

land your self a gig with Steely Dan, that ought to do it.........
Old 10-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Senior Administrator

i'm mainly from johannessburg but i also lived in durban for many years. the indian ocean is beautiful. they have real waves there, not these scummy, cold british ripples.

j

http://youtu.be/fBQeCcBVUCw
Old 10-18-2006, 07:39 PM
KARL MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUTHA JASON
i'm mainly from johannessburg but i also lived in durban for many years. the indian ocean is beautiful. they have real waves there, not these scummy, cold british ripples.

j
wow...no joke??? You are really from south africa...now, I`m impressed!

Karl

Drummerworld Myspace.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:20 AM
Pioneer Member

keep playing and I'm sure your success will be far beyond anything you expected. Just have to believe in what you do, regardless of what others may think or say, just stay your course! There's much more to being a successful drummer than being in magazines or on a popular website.

Just steer clear of counterfeit people, and you'll be just fine!

Dap.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:30 AM
Platinum Member

In case the original poster ever shows up here again, here is another bit of advice:

Play original music. With a few exceptions, the drummers listed on the main page are involved in playing originals, not covers. They use their talent to render new music, thereby advancing music as a creative endeavor. Sure, there are lots of lousy musicians playing original stuff and plenty of excellent ones doing covers, but if you look at the drummers listed on the front, they are all pretty much doing original stuff.

www.terrasonus.com
Old 10-24-2006, 06:38 PM

I was wondering, does Bernhard have any order which he uses to add people to the site, or does he just have a straight first come, first serve, waiting list. I mean, is the waiting list in order of ability (I want a better word) rather than appearance (I want another good word to replace that one). Otherwise some of the best drummers would have to wait for the other 2000 to be added.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:31 AM
Founder Drummerworld

Everyday i receive between 15 - 25 wishes for adding drummers. If i find time, i can complete the wishlist with more 2000 drummers.

So I just created a Watchlist. There are drummers - with gallerypages - i find interesting, have potential for the main gallery or have some other merits in our community.

http://www.drummerworld.com/watchlist.html

To get into the Main Drummerworldgallery (between Tony Williams, Steve Gadd, Elvin Jones) is getting more and more difficult. There will be added perhabs 5 drummers a year.

Bernhard
Old 10-25-2006, 11:54 AM
Platinum Member

wow! rocky neil is amazing! wat a show he out on, one hand, no hands, double bass...amazing, and i love wipeout, killer song.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Silver Member

i dont doubt that you are better then some of the drummers, some iv heard just didnt sound like "holy cow that guy is amazing", and some of the videos posted on the forums did.
,but drums isnt for fame and money, as some drummers make it. drums is for fun and enjoyment, notto make money.
although it would be nice to make some money along the way, my reason for playing drums isnt to get rich or to get on drummerworld.

my advice is to keep going and if u want to be on drumrworld then play your best and if your lucky it will happen. there are pleanty of drummers that arent on this site that are amazing and very well better then the ones that are.

Last edited by tamadrummer132; 01-09-2007 at 02:24 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:04 PM
KARL MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamadrummer132 View Post
but drums isnt for fame as money, as some drummers make it. drums is for fun and enjoyment, and to make money.
although it would be nice to make some money along the way, my reason for playing drums isnt to get rich or to get on drummerworld.
My man, you got it. I totally agree!! I mean, why does for example Derrick pope make vids of him teaching and playing, why does he produce a DVD...I`m sure he didn`t do this when he joined to get onto Drummerworld. He does it because it`s about ENJOY a thing you love and about this incredible pleasing feeling you get when doing this.

...okay, I also wanna respect the other side: Every drummer is interessted to become a watchlist drummer or a Drummerworld drummer, me too. I`ve also asked already in a thread if this would be a cool aim...but HOWEVER, when the time comes, the time comes! I think becoming a "Watchlist Drummer" would be a huge response for my work, of course, but it would be much much greater if I don`t get such a response for work and hard times, more for PATIENCE. What I mean is: You can ask Bernhard for this response, but would it be still so special? You would more rather force him...

let it come...

Karl

Drummerworld Myspace.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Founder Drummerworld

Quote:
there are pleanty of drummers that arent on this site that are amazing and very well better then the ones that are.
Not sure about this - should not be.

Ok, I prefer the inventors of something about those who refine it....but anyway, the best should be up on drummerworld. But please don't argue with more or less known Metall-Drummers - these are changing to quick. Speed is no point for being included at Drummerworld - only the invention....hmm, I seem to repeat myself....

Bernhard
Old 12-11-2006, 08:40 PM

I think part of the problem for young drummers is the idea that getting a name listed in the watch list or the main page is the goal. If that is your focus you will never make it. Concentrate on letting your soul flow through the tips of your drumsticks and keep a cool attitude in everything you do work and practice hard, keep a professional mindset weather you are in the studio or jamming in your garage and good things will happen to you....maybe even a listing on this prestigious site.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:26 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernhard View Post
Not sure about this - should not be.

Ok, I prefer the inventors of something about those who refine it....but anyway, the best should be up on drummerworld. But please don't argue with more or less known Metall-Drummers - these are changing to quick. Speed is no point for being included at Drummerworld - only the invention....hmm, I seem to repeat myself....

Bernhard
you can't tell me that there arent drummers out there that have great skill, but arent famous. if you say that there arent guys like that then.. your in denial.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:41 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
you can't tell me that there arent drummers out there that have great skill, but arent famous. if you say that there arent guys like that then.. your in denial.
So you think every single drummer out there that has talent should be on here? I'd like to see you make a profile including all information about EACH drummer. Be realistic buddy.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:57 AM
da cheese walks

ive got a question...is nathaniel townseley listed???hes some drummer.....