DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-30-2006, 05:14 PM
hybridshooter hybridshooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 41
Default axis help

I just bought the axis a long board double pedal in classic black. First let me say it's an unbelievable pedal! The speed this thing is capable of is absolutley disgusting. However I do have one problem maybe someone can help me out with. I set the height of the slave pedal even with the main pedal, and it feels great, but as I play the slave pedal begins to get lower and lower until it eventually starts to hit the hoop clamp assembly. I figure it's obviously in the drive shaft on the center section. I have readjusted and tightened this part many times, but still after I play for 10 minutes or so it has slipped again. Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing, or anyhting I can do to stop this? Please let me know. Thank you guys in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-30-2006, 07:54 PM
hybridshooter hybridshooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 41
Default Re: axis help

I went through and made srue everything was tight, and a few things were slightly loose. I think I got it figured out, but I have to play a lot longer to make sure it's not going to slip again (would be a nightmare at a gig). Thank you guys for looking.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Pedro Pedro is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 618
Default Re: axis help

I think you forgot something to tighten up or something like that.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-31-2006, 02:09 AM
BrianW's Avatar
BrianW BrianW is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 393
Default Re: axis help

Yeah, i kinda have the same problem and i fixed it by taking it apart making sure everything was clean and then tightening everything real tight. Mine slave would only move about 1/8 of an inch lower than the main pedal, so it wasnt a big deal, but im picky.
I hope you got it fixed and it was as easy to fix as mine was.
I do have one thing to say and that is if you do have a real problem, Axis customer service is awsome. I broke the beater shaft of a sonic hammer with my al-2's, and they sent me a new shaft for free, no questions asked (other than my address). The guys at axis are great, so if you have a problem, just call.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-31-2006, 06:40 AM
hybridshooter hybridshooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 41
Default Re: axis help

I went through and tightened everything up, and it seemed to have pretty much cured the problem I had, but a new one came out of it. Now my slave pedal feels kind of slugish, and like it's rubbing on something. The primary pedal just kind of floats, to where if I tap it and take my foot away it will kind of bounce for a minute, but the slave if I do the same will stop instantley. Also the VDL on the slave will make the pedal unplayable (almsot unmovable) if I adjust it too far down. So I'm going to call Axis tomorrow and ask for thier opinion. I love the action on this pedal, so hopefully I can get the little issues worked out and finally get to play this thing like it's meant to be played. Thanks for all the help guys.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-31-2006, 02:38 PM
BrianW's Avatar
BrianW BrianW is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 393
Default Re: axis help

Ouch, def sounds like a problem that needs customer service. I hate to see problems with such a great product. Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-31-2006, 02:56 PM
ThomasDee ThomasDee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 164
Default Re: axis help

Have you tried ewmailing Tim Waterson? I think hsi email is over at his site. He is the master with the Axis pedals. And a super nice guy who will take the time to work with you. He's always answered every one of my question about double pedal techniques etc...

If you don't get an answer today from Axis, give Tim a shout.


Hope you get it and please let us know what it was.

TD
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-31-2006, 06:55 PM
hybridshooter hybridshooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 41
Default Re: axis help

Thanks for the help, I think I'm gonna see if I can get ahold of Tim, because he is the master at using these things I'm sure he knows all about them. I've taken the slave completely off and everything on it is as tight as can be, but it feels almost like it's sticking or stiff in the "number one" or main rotor and beater holder, like the axle isn't moving free or something. I'll see if I can get ahold of either Axis or Tim today and get the problem figured out. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-03-2006, 05:47 PM
xkevinx xkevinx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 161
Default Re: axis help

i have the same problem with my A single. i think the VDL isn't meant to be adjusted that far back, because it will kind of wedge itself in there and rub against the other parts, making it sluggish. i play with my VDL just far forward enough where it doesn't rub but i still get great leverage. let me know if you find a way to fix this though.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-03-2006, 08:22 PM
BrianW's Avatar
BrianW BrianW is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 393
Default Re: axis help

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkevinx
i think the VDL isn't meant to be adjusted that far back, because it will kind of wedge itself in there and rub against the other parts, making it sluggish.
The VDL can be adjusted all the way back. I can put mine back with no problems at all. It depends on the angle of your footboard.
Can a pedal be TOO adjustable. haha
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-05-2006, 04:58 AM
hybridshooter hybridshooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 41
Default Re: axis help

well sorry I haven't updated you guys sooner. I talked to a few people, and my problems kept happening. I actually was starting to get a groove or slot worn into the side of the toe of the footboard because no matter how much I tightened and adjusted parts it kept slipping until it would start to hight the screw for the hoop clamp. So I decided to talk to sam ash (who I bought it from) and they said because it's defective they'll send me another one in exchange. I decided to go for it and start fresh. So in about a week or so another one should be here and in theory I'll have no more issues. I think they are amazing pedals, maybe I just got the one lemon they've ever produced or something. In any case all will be taken care of soon, and I still highly highly reccomend this pedal from the playing I've been able to do with it. Thanks for all the help guys.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-09-2006, 10:13 PM
metaldrummer3211 metaldrummer3211 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 25
Default Re: axis help

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridshooter View Post
I just bought the axis a long board double pedal in classic black. First let me say it's an unbelievable pedal! The speed this thing is capable of is absolutley disgusting. However I do have one problem maybe someone can help me out with. I set the height of the slave pedal even with the main pedal, and it feels great, but as I play the slave pedal begins to get lower and lower until it eventually starts to hit the hoop clamp assembly. I figure it's obviously in the drive shaft on the center section. I have readjusted and tightened this part many times, but still after I play for 10 minutes or so it has slipped again. Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing, or anyhting I can do to stop this? Please let me know. Thank you guys in advance.
I've had the same problems with my Axis pedals. I'm actually starting to become convinced that they are garbage. I'm thinking of going for Pearl Eliminators if my few hours of messing around with the adjustments leaves me unsatisfied.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-19-2006, 10:15 PM
hybridshooter hybridshooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 41
Default Re: axis help

Actually when I got rid of my axis, I picked up the eliminators. I couldn't be happier. They just seem built better and I don't feel like they are as fragile. The axis felt GREAT, but it just had so many little problems that I didn't trust it for touring or anything outside of the practice room really. I would love to try the trick pedals eventually for the great driect drive feel, but for now I couldn't be more satisfied with my eliminators. They're both great pedals, but the axis just needs more fine tuning more frequently, and they are so backed up right now it takes forever to get help from the company.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-19-2006, 11:35 PM
DamoSyzygy's Avatar
DamoSyzygy DamoSyzygy is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,034
Default Re: axis help

Ive seen this exact problem a few times now with customers, the VDL's just do not seem to grip well enough.

I will be looking into the Trick Pro1V personally, when I upgrade my pedals.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-20-2006, 04:27 AM
Tim Waterson's Avatar
Tim Waterson Tim Waterson is offline
WFD ACEDRUMMER
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 790
Default Re: axis help

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridshooter View Post
Actually when I got rid of my axis, I picked up the eliminators. I couldn't be happier. They just seem built better and I don't feel like they are as fragile. The axis felt GREAT, but it just had so many little problems that I didn't trust it for touring or anything outside of the practice room really. I would love to try the trick pedals eventually for the great driect drive feel, but for now I couldn't be more satisfied with my eliminators. They're both great pedals, but the axis just needs more fine tuning more frequently, and they are so backed up right now it takes forever to get help from the company.
Too bad you got rid of your Axis pedals but as long as you are happy.
The ONLY problem with AXIS being so adjustable is that people are going to be forever adjusting them to TRY get the perfect feel...lol
Pearl is a good pedal too if you use lock tight once you got your Axis pedals set you would NOt haver to adjust them again.
I have put my Axis pedals through MORE than any pedal should have to put up with.
Merry Christmas and God Bless
Tim
Axis Ambassador
__________________
God Bless
Tim Waterson
Axis Ambassador
www.timwaterson.net
http://timwaterson.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-20-2006, 05:40 AM
DamoSyzygy's Avatar
DamoSyzygy DamoSyzygy is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,034
Default Re: axis help

This is the problem I keep having though, Tim - For $1269.50AU (which is what they retail for here in Australia) a customer shouldnt HAVE to use locktite on the pedal. At the very least, Axis should supply them with a bottle.

I have no qualms whatsoever with the performance of the pedals and the feel is simply amazing - But Axis really needs to address this problem and start being a little more competitive with their packaging - Like including a free case for the pedal and not offering one at additional cost.

Perhaps you could pass it on to the Axis folk for me?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-21-2006, 01:03 AM
hybridshooter hybridshooter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 41
Default Re: axis help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Waterson View Post
Too bad you got rid of your Axis pedals but as long as you are happy.
The ONLY problem with AXIS being so adjustable is that people are going to be forever adjusting them to TRY get the perfect feel...lol
Pearl is a good pedal too if you use lock tight once you got your Axis pedals set you would NOt haver to adjust them again.
I have put my Axis pedals through MORE than any pedal should have to put up with.
Merry Christmas and God Bless
Tim
Axis Ambassador
I agree they are a great pedal, but I just couldn't get the issues worked out and got very little support from them. I also was preparing to go into the studio to record my bands full length, and couldn't wait very long to get things figured out. I still think they are the best feeling pedal I've played, but I just would have always worried about their reliability. I'm not trying to put them down or anything, they just didn't work out for me in this particular case.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com