DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 07-04-2006, 09:54 AM

Default New hi hat stand question

Hey guys. I am looking to buy a better hi hat stand down the line and I am looking at another two leg hi hat stand because I have a double pedal. The current one I have is a pacific 805 series. I am deciding between the Gibraltar 9607DLLD Dual leg Hi Hat Liquid Drive hi hat stand and the Yamaha HS1100 Heavy Rotating 2 Leg Hi Hat Stand. Has anybody tried both and which is the most sensitive? Thanks.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:12 PM

Default Re: New hi hat stand question

The best HiHat stand out there right now is the iron cobra. It is Solid.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Gold Member

i have the same question. has anyone tried the 2-leg pearl eliminator hi hat stand. it sounds good for 130 dollars, but ive heard stuff about it like it wasnt stable enough but i dont think that would be an issue for me. also i want to have a pedal on each side of the hi hat stand, so i think that would be a good one. Are there any other 2 leg stands that are cheaper and better. also this one looks good but i dont know about it http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...and?sku=443555
Old 07-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Gold Member

I agree with hardrocker on the iron cobra. Yamaha is very well built...I have had a medium duty Yamaha HH for 15 years and it is still going strong. I bet the GBLTR is much less, and would be great...both those companies you are looking at make great hardware. Coin toss time.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Silver Member

I tried a two-legged stand last year. Took it back the next day. Playing the hats was normal but stability became an issue while keeping time on the hats while playing the ride cymbal. It shook back and forth quite a bit.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardrocker74 View Post
The best HiHat stand out there right now is the iron cobra. It is Solid.
Which one do you have the velo glide or the flexi glide pedal? I hear that the kevlar strap on the flexi glide breaks after a few years and I want a very sensitive pro quality hi hat stand.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:01 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Masters View Post
I tried a two-legged stand last year. Took it back the next day. Playing the hats was normal but stability became an issue while keeping time on the hats while playing the ride cymbal. It shook back and forth quite a bit.
I had this expensive lesson as well! What good is a hi hat stand that rocks back and forth when you operate the pedal? The Hi Hat stand I had was the DW 9000 series. I didn't like the action as it felt very clumsy and the Hi hats didn't seem to close without alot of effort. I am using the old Tama Lever Glide 3 leg rotating base. These are extremely smooth!

Mike

http://www.mikemccraw.com
http://www.dominoretroplate.com

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=drummermikemccraw
Old 12-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Silver Member

I think DW's are the best on the market--sturdy and sensitive. My roommate just got the new 9000--it's SWEET!!!
Old 12-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Platinum Member

I have and 1985 Tama stand, built like a tank, and I recently removed the tripod legs and clamped it directly to a cymbal stand. It takes up much less room and is very stable, since the cymbal stand is heavy and has a wide leg profile. I have a foot pedal to the left and right of the hat pedal.

You can see what I did at http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18719.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Pioneer Member

I think we're getting some misinformation in here. Kevlar breaking? I don't think so. I've had 70's leather strap driven pedals that are still going strong. Plenty of two legged HH stands are sturdy enough to handle serious rocking action. You get what you pay for. I haven't tried either of the ones you mentioned but after taking a look, I'd go with the Yamaha.