DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Technique

Drum Technique Tips - Tricks - Practice - Rudiments - Educational DVDs & Books.....

Old 02-05-2018, 12:26 AM
Platinum Member

Default In response to the 300 BPM thing

Here is how blast beats look from 180BPM to 260BPM,. or 257 if you want to get technical. (I messed up the metronome)

I made this in response to the people fighting in the Facebook drum forums about blasting at 300 BPM. 260 is already insane (I can't pull it off at all), 300 is possible by a few guys which I do see, but when referring to speed, it's 16th notes, with both hands if you ask me. I think my personal limit is 230/235 to keep it clean and play for a long period. Making this video I also realized 180 and 190 were difficult speeds to blast at as I never play in that range.I play mostly between 210 and 240 so 250-260 is really pushing it for me and kind of sloppy.

The bass drum is triggered as I am using heel toe and the toms have a terrible EQ on them. Almost no attack. Not sure what I did there.

https://youtu.be/u8XK9BorWcs
Old 02-05-2018, 04:16 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: In response to the 300 BPM thing

You always make since to me. There are a lot of people who just don't know that they're talking bull. I'm still working on the doubles technique I learned from you, but progress is slow. If I didn't play in a country band I'd probably got better faster. I don't spend as much time on it as I need to.
Sabian AA,AAX,HH,
Paiste Sig.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:03 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: In response to the 300 BPM thing

I do 10 minutes a day of singles.. i can do 10 minutes at about 200 bpm without falling apart.. last year it may have been 170 or so.

i find 10 minutes at 200 helps me play at 240.... it's all about being relaxed... at the 2 fast ones i tense up and can't do it nearly as long.

I like to fall apart right at 10 minutes, it burns very bad, but i have been able to up it and in a year my blasts have improved night and day..

to be honest i play more independence stuff and grooves lately. like jazz and funk backing tracks. poly rythems, etc. Not enough hours in the day.

anyone can do this stuff.. you just need to dedicate the time unfortunately. being in a metal band forces me to haha.