DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member

Default First lesson in 6 months

Had my first lesson in 6 months today. It has been way too long. Mainly covered ratamacues, ruffs, lesson 25, and extending para-diddle-diddle's with 2 BD notes, and swiss-triplet fills for half time shuffles. But that's all gravy, because for me, the real meat of the lesson was....

It is absolutely astonishing to watch/hear a real, professional, amazing drummer play on my George Way and big K's in my basement. Re-markable. It's almost difficult to pay attention to the root lesson because I'm inundated with sonic nuance that I'm trying to absorb when my instructor plays.

I come out of the experience half inspired, and half ashamed with the sloppiness of my playing. And to think that I was feeling comfortable and good about myself prior to the lesson. HAHAHA.....

Last edited by GruntersDad; 01-10-2018 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:36 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: First lesson in 6 months

That's good though. We get comfortable in our bubbles of what we're good at, and seeing a teacher every so often can give great focus into new areas of study.