DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Playing

Your Playing Show us Your Playing

Old 10-12-2017, 03:30 AM

Default DrumMan190 DRUM COVER BATTLE

The newest DrumMan190 drum cover battle . Make sure to watch and VOTE!! Also let me know if you want to get in on one of these epic battles!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSfuXBvhU5o
Old 10-12-2017, 03:55 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: DrumMan190 DRUM COVER BATTLE

Your on the wrong site for Drum Covers they are not very popular around here, just thought I would let ya know. I have come to realize that this is pretty much a gigging drummers forum.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer772 View Post
Your on the wrong site for Drum Covers they are not very popular around here, just thought I would let ya know. I have come to realize that this is pretty much a gigging drummers forum.
I think it's just a saturation problem. Now that every one on the internet can easily record themselves, every song has already been "covered" by a drummer in a room by himself usually dozens of times, and without something to set a video apart like crazy production or chops that get noticed on a world-scale... They just aren't so fresh, new or exciting anymore.

I think the spectrum is wider here than just gigging drummers, but the original, new or fancy stuff is bound to get a lot more clicks than another drum cover. Most people I know click drum covers because they're learning the song themselves, or they're intrigued by some type of gimmick. You could also try being a very attractive female, and then you can do whatever you want on a drumset and get lots of traffic, based mostly on the thumbnail.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:12 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer772 View Post
I dunno. I think that this is a pretty open community when it comes to drummers. We've got newbies, gear hounds, professionals, hobbyists, etc. For the most part, everyone is welcome here as long as they're looking to contribute to the community. One thing that's frowned upon, though, is people posting ONLY to advertise their products, stir up controversy, get hits on their YouTube page, etc. The latter is what's happening here with DrumMan190. It's fine and acceptable to do this when you're also coming to the page to contribute to the greater good of the forum as well, but not solely to get more views on a YouTube channel.

My kit: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44195
Old 10-13-2017, 11:57 PM
Platinum Member

On the plus side, at least this is posted in the correct section this time. We have members that have been here for years that still have not figured this out.

Mah Rogers
Snares
Old 10-14-2017, 12:16 AM
Gold Member

[quote=Dr_Watso;1527569] You could also try being a very attractive female, and then you can do whatever you want on a drumset and get lots of traffic, based mostly on the thumbnail.
Now that might get some attention, LOL. . My covers are for me and my family that thinks its just the coolest thing to watch me play Drums to old hits we grew up with. I look back at covers from 10 years ago that are out of time and everything else and they have 10's of thousands of views with 50 or 60 thumbs up, now you get 10 views and 5 thumbs down. I was just suggesting to the OP he is in the wrong place. If I see a Drum Cover of a song I like, Ill give it a listen. Why not, if the audio is good and the playing is good Ill crank it up and rock out to it. But most Drummers will not click thinking that they are a egotistical (look at me) kinda guy or girl. When my 14 year old Daughter shows my Video's to her friends and they are like (WOW your Dad is a Good Drummer) that makes us both feel good.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:19 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddywumpus View Post
I dunno. I think that this is a pretty open community when it comes to drummers. We've got newbies, gear hounds, professionals, hobbyists, etc. For the most part, everyone is welcome here as long as they're looking to contribute to the community. One thing that's frowned upon, though, is people posting ONLY to advertise their products, stir up controversy, get hits on their YouTube page, etc. The latter is what's happening here with DrumMan190. It's fine and acceptable to do this when you're also coming to the page to contribute to the greater good of the forum as well, but not solely to get more views on a YouTube channel.
That is exactly right, and it is so blatantly obvious. But I am surprised more Drummers dont want to showcase how good their drums sound, I see Snare drums on here that cost a fortune and I am like ( I wanna hear that ). I didnt spend $700 on recording gear to listen at it by myself. But If thats the case, then Im ok with that to. Why buy recording gear if your not gonna share the results, I just dont get it. Nobody likes solo's either so a Drum Cover is the only way I know to communicate (hey I have A Presonus Audiobox 44 VSL and 4 mics and this is the kinda sound I can get from it). I would think results you see and hear are better then starting another thread (What recording gear should I buy). Recording Covers is the sole reason my playing has improved the way it has in the last year, I use to stumble thru songs and be like that sounded ok. Now I have to dial them in as good as I can or get insulting responses and none of mine are near perfect but they much better then they was before I started filming.

Last edited by Destroyer772; 10-14-2017 at 12:45 AM.