The dusty trail........

I drove 14.5 hours from NC to MI to play open for a national artist.

We got a 15 min. slot.

20 people showed up.

Ran out of gas twice on the way back home.

Yes, I was much younger and foolish then.

We're based in Salt Lake City, and probably the furthest away we have ever played is Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. We did a 7 week residency there at their new Hard Rock Cafe in 2009/2010 (including a show on Christmas, lol). We were back that way the following year to play in Macau, and ended up doing another week in Saigon.

A few years ago we played at the IndyCar race in Fontana, California and then drove 2400 miles over the next 4 days to Savannah, Georgia to play (and kick off an East Coast tour). The money was great and we had a really good time, so no worries there. Coast to coast in one go!

Right now we're in Belgium, taking the ferry from Calais to Dover tomorrow and driving 500 miles up to Edinburgh for a gig Wednesday (among other UK gigs). Not really looking forward to the drive tomorrow, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

We're based in Salt Lake City, and probably the furthest away we have ever played is Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. We did a 7 week residency there at their new Hard Rock Cafe in 2009/2010 (including a show on Christmas, lol). We were back that way the following year to play in Macau, and ended up doing another week in Saigon.

A few years ago we played at the IndyCar race in Fontana, California and then drove 2400 miles over the next 4 days to Savannah, Georgia to play (and kick off an East Coast tour). The money was great and we had a really good time, so no worries there. Coast to coast in one go!

Right now we're in Belgium, taking the ferry from Calais to Dover tomorrow and driving 500 miles up to Edinburgh for a gig Wednesday (among other UK gigs). Not really looking forward to the drive tomorrow, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

That actually sounds great, apart from the cross country run. We've been on family holidays to Vietnam, Macau and Edinburgh, (amongst others) so I can picture those locations well.

My nephew is currently playing drums on a cruise ship in the Mediterranean, so he always sending pictures from Rome, Venice, Dubrovnik, Greek Islands, Ephesus, Nice, Monaco, etc.. Not a bad way to do it, based on a ship for six months.

Ahhh, good old Mersea Island! My sister lived there for a while. Used to look up the tide times before travelling!

That's the name of it, couldn't think of it for the life of me!

Did another water related strange gig a couple years back at a house built on an island in a river with a river lock one side and a weir the other. The only way in was to carry all the gear across this narrow lock gate bridge thing with a 40 foot drop either side. I didn't understand what a tight grip was until that night.

It's nice to see both ends of the scale here!

Back