DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:36 PM
Platinum Member

Default What's your favorite song featuring e-drums?

Disclaimer: I really, really dislike playing e-drums. Those that dislike them probably dislike playing them for the many reasons that I do, but with that said, I don't want this to turn into an e-drum bashing thread. So here we go...

I thought it would fun to discuss our favorite songs that feature e-drums. While I know that there is going to be some deviation, I would like to keep answers centered on songs where an e-drum set is primarily used, not just a pad here and there on an acoustic set (I hope that makes sense!).

As far as my answer goes, I'll have to say that as big of a fan as I am of 90s and early 2000s rock and roll, I have rediscovered 80s rock...mainly because I started lifting weights again about 3-4 months ago (I made an AC/DC Pandora station). I didn't realize how much I missed "guitar rock" as opposed to this electronic-pop-crap that's on the radio now. Through hours of listening, I've really started to enjoy Def Leppard again just like I did when I was a kid. As much as I hate e-drums, I love what Rick Allen does with them, and I enjoy listening to just about all of their tracks while I'm working out. I realize that he switched to electrics after his accident, but still. To be totally transparent, I'm not sure if DL's songs would be the same if he used acoustic drums. There's just something about that consistent level with tons of reverb that fills out that music. It just fits, and I really, really like it...but I'm not telling my friends that. ;)

How about you? Is there a certain song or band that features e-drums that you like...even if you aren't a fan of e-drums themselves?
Old 07-18-2017, 04:10 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: What's your favorite song featuring e-drums?

There was rock in the 90s and 2000s? LOL!

Back when eDrums first came on the scene and the whole New Wave movement, there were tons of good songs and bands that used them. Depeche Mode, A Flock of Seagulls (I Ran), Gary Newman (Cars) are a couple of examples I can think of before coffee. Nothing 90s or 2000s comes to mind. I think I checked off the planet when the Back Street Boys became considered a thing!
Old 07-18-2017, 04:24 PM

Default Re: What's your favorite song featuring e-drums?

I like Tainted Love by Soft Cell.

I think you can really tell the e-drums from the 80's because that Simmons tom sound was so prevalent. The sounds got better with time so I think in the 90's and after it's harder to tell what is sampled or programmed.